• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • WindsorUK
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jul 2013
    • Windsor, U.K.
    • Send PM

Yeah, if JH is running for his life, or on his ass, you could have Jerry Rice and Lynn Swann as your receivers and it won't make a difference.
    Give JH the time, and it won't matter who's running routes.

Comment

• 21&500
      Bolt Spit-Baller
      • Sep 2018
      • A Whale's Vajayjay
      • CMB refugee
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Budsman View Post

Alt has said he’s open to play RT if that’s the case he’s the best pure tackle on the board. All that being said Nabors for sure and probably Odunze were from a talent perspective just much much higher rated than Alt. Sure maybe Alt was high but the gap in talent differential was huge. Nabors was seen by many evaluators as better than MHJ and MHJ is generational. Not one scout thinks Alt is generational.

Sure this could work out and o hope we win a championship and I eat a ton of crow. I’m just a realist and I know that this league is not a running league it’s a passing league and you don’t win without weapons. Right now the chargers best pure weapon on offense (not JH of course) is probably McC or Gus Bus. Even Mahomes with his WR by committee had the best TE in the game in Kelce to bail him out when the WRs couldn’t. The NfL today is all about the big pass play, the nfl consistently has shown over and over that it is making the pass harder and harder to defend. It’s no coincidence that WRs are getting bigger and bigger contracts and RBs smaller and smaller.
      No offense but maybe Jim/Joe just wanted to draft an adult
      vs a gun touting tik tocker (Nabers)
      And a diva too good to sign his licensing deal with the NFL (MH2)?
      Maybe Jim/Joe thinks it's important that their first ever pick should embody the values they've preached since day 1?
      Maybe they really DO mean it when they say they want to protect JH and draft a stud who cares so much about football that he's willing to swap positions despite having the leverage to act like a diva?
      Maybe Jim isn't a senile citizen and has actually been paying attention to the college landscape these last few years while he's been dominating it and realizes that talent level is only but half the formula and you need grown men for building blocks and not juveniles or personality disorders?
      Maybe this talent gap your describing between Alt and these 2 particular WRs isn't nearly as massive as you're making it out to be and we should give Jim/Joe much more benefit of the doubt instead of trying to get ahead on the, "I told you so"s because your mad at them for moving on from Keenan Allen?
      no doubt that's where all this is rooted from.
      Almost as good as the chargers winning would be them losing miserably and being TPB soothsayer?
      It's incredible to me how far a genuine Charger fan can cast such bad mojo on their own team for the sake of being right.
      and this is in direct response to your suggestion that us hopeful fans are cattle drinking kool-aid, how dare we be aligned with the direction of a championship caliber HC and GM who has made some very sensible moves while also having to make some difficult ones that resulted in the cutting of a fan-favorite.

If Jim/Joe would have drafted a Fuaga or even JC Latham I could somehow muster the mental gymnastics required to validate your conspiracy theory that Jim/Joe disregarded talent to go on this Jim-dictatorship-like plan, but they ended up choosing a guy in Alt who is the top OT on my big boards with the extra fun challenge and risk of switching him to the right side. Instead of just having the mauling ORT in Fuaga or JCL, they went with talent AND maturity even at the face of extra risk involved with a position-switch.

Pattern: Allen gone, Nabers and MH2 lower on their big board.
      Jim/Joe have been telling us all along, they want TEAM PLAYERS, and not just players on their team.
      I know I'm far from alone when I say I sincerely hope Jim and Joe continue making educated risks and not just copy and paste their big board with CBS or any draftnik that still uses the term. "Generation Talent".
      P1. Block Destruction - Ogbonnia
      P2. Shocking Effort - Eboigbe
      P3. Ball Disruption - Ford
      P4. Obnoxious Communication - Henley

Comment

• JOJAX85
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Sep 2018
        • Irmo, SC
        • Send PM

Originally posted by WindsorUK View Post
        Yeah, if JH is running for his life, or on his ass, you could have Jerry Rice and Lynn Swann as your receivers and it won't make a difference.
        Give JH the time, and it won't matter who's running routes.
        I said that almost exactly somewhere,except I replaced Swann with Calvin Johnson.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Dec 2019
          • Send PM

This regime doesn’t draft BPA, see Joe Alt with the faith pick with much better prospects in positions of bigger need on the board. They are building Harbaugh team the way he wants to build it not BPA. Hang on and enjoy the Harbaugh experience, especially if you wanted him here like 99% of the fans on this board.

It’s going to be an interesting ride. He better win and win in division quickly or this is going to go south fast.
          You wanted them to keep Keenan Allen at all costs - correct?

And you have no idea that they didn't go BPA unless you saw their player rankings

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Dec 2019
            • Send PM

30/70 BPA/PON
            Incorrect - because the biggest need on the roster is IDL and surprise - hasn't drafted one yet

Comment

• ThatSinkingFeeling
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Nov 2022
              • Send PM

Wasn’t TJ Tampa supposed to be a high 2nd rounder and yet he is still not taken? Him, Braelon Allen, Van Pran-Granger would seem good picks at 105

Comment

• Boltx
                Dominate the day
                • Jun 2013
                • Send PM

This board: We need to stop neglecting our lines and protect the franchise QB!

Also this board: Why didn't we take the diva WR??!!

Love you guys.
                ESPN Screename: GoBolts02

Comment

• HK55
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Apr 2018
                  • Send PM

Said in another thread, our draft was not going to be sexy. But so far, this is like wanting to go to the prom with a cheerleader and end up going with your cousin. Again, I have drank the kool-aid, have to trust Harbaugh.

Dont have issues with the particular players, but there were other options.

Make no mistake this is all Harbaugh. All this nonsense about Trade Joe this or Trader Joe that, please. He’s a rookie GM. Now, he might of done the heavy lifting of scouting & player evaluation. Gave a cluster of options to JH for each round. But, it was Harbaugh’s pick. He wants lunch pail grinders. So far we got them.

Comment

• Boltinloudguy
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Nov 2021
                    • Send PM

I all for taking DT Khristian Boyd in the 5th if he’s there.

Comment

• Kellyb72601
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Sep 2019
                      • Send PM

I think Alt was drafted largely from a traits perspective. At 6'7 at 21 yrs of age he's just now growing into his frame, will only get better, and is already pretty dominant. His effectiveness is better than what you see on tape because he's so long...nobody's gonna get around this guy. The way he lines up in his stance and fires off the ball reminds me of John Runyan Sr. (6'8 330) who we had for a few games at right tackle back at the end of the '09 season. Guys would line up on the sidelines to watch Runyan pancake guys in the run game.

McConkey in a lot of ways is the best receiver in the draft IMO. He plays with a veteran intensity and knowledge of routes & coverage you don't see much. I think he gets docked a bit for being white and being more of a waterbug buy in a lot of what he did at georgia.

Comment

• Riverwalk
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Nov 2021
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by HK55 View Post
                        Said in another thread, our draft was not going to be sexy. But so far, this is like wanting to go to the prom with a cheerleader and end up going with your cousin. Again, I have drank the kool-aid, have to trust Harbaugh.

Dont have issues with the particular players, but there were other options.

Make no mistake this is all Harbaugh. All this nonsense about Trade Joe this or Trader Joe that, please. He’s a rookie GM. Now, he might of done the heavy lifting of scouting & player evaluation. Gave a cluster of options to JH for each round. But, it was Harbaugh’s pick. He wants lunch pail grinders. So far we got them.
                        We got the consensus best OT in the draft, best ILB on some boards, and best route runner. Three instant starters and likely best at their respective positions on this team.

“Lunch pail grinders” isnt what I would call them. That’s a label for over achievers that nobody respects coming into the draft while we got highly acclaimed studs.

Comment

• Riverwalk
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Nov 2021
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Kellyb72601 View Post
                          I think Alt was drafted largely from a traits perspective. At 6'7 at 21 yrs of age he's just now growing into his frame, will only get better, and is already pretty dominant. His effectiveness is better than what you see on tape because he's so long...nobody's gonna get around this guy. The way he lines up in his stance and fires off the ball reminds me of John Runyan Sr. (6'8 330) who we had for a few games at right tackle back at the end of the '09 season. Guys would line up on the sidelines to watch Runyan pancake guys in the run game.

McConkey in a lot of ways is the best receiver in the draft IMO. He plays with a veteran intensity and knowledge of routes & coverage you don't see much. I think he gets docked a bit for being white and being more of a waterbug buy in a lot of what he did at georgia.
                          “Pretty dominant”? Who was more dominant? You guys are tough graders. 😂

Comment

Working...
                          X