• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Leslie Grossman
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Nov 2020
    • Oklahoma
    • Send PM

When guys like Franklin and Tampa fall this far there’s a red flag medically or between the ears we don’t know about.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Dec 2019
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Riverwalk View Post

We got the consensus best OT in the draft, best ILB on some boards, and best route runner. Three instant starters and likely best at their respective positions on this team.

“Lunch pail grinders” isnt what I would call them. That’s a label for over achievers that nobody respects coming into the draft while we got highly acclaimed studs.

Agreed. Now if the draft were Alt, a Center and IDL - sure, maybe you can call that a lunch pail draft. But not that it this point. I think Hortiz is truly looking at the talent of the player and combining that with need.

Comment

• Jack Burton
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Apr 2023
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Leslie Grossman View Post
        When guys like Franklin and Tampa fall this far there’s a red flag medically or between the ears we don’t know about.
        Troy Franklin has some concerns cause of his weight and his ability to get off press coverages.
        Lots of scouts say it’s not gonna translate. And yes, I know just look at Addison. Same weight and type and he’s doing just fine.

Tampa doesn’t tackle. He hits. And he’s a really good hitter. But his tackling in the new NFL is clearly causing teams some hesitation.
        I’m not sure either guy is what Harbaugh-Hortiz is looking for.

Who knows though?!? They could be the next 2 Charger picks

Comment

• Jack Burton
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Apr 2023
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

Agreed. Now if the draft were Alt, a Center and IDL - sure, maybe you can call that a lunch pail draft. But not that it this point. I think Hortiz is truly looking at the talent of the player and combining that with need.
          They are being true to a BPA - Positional value strategy as the draft goes along.

Comment

• Leslie Grossman
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Nov 2020
            • Oklahoma
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Jack Burton View Post

Troy Franklin has some concerns cause of his weight and his ability to get off press coverages.
            Lots of scouts say it’s not gonna translate. And yes, I know just look at Addison. Same weight and type and he’s doing just fine.

Tampa doesn’t tackle. He hits. And he’s a really good hitter. But his tackling in the new NFL is clearly causing teams some hesitation.
            I’m not sure either guy is what Harbaugh-Hortiz is looking for.

Who knows though?!? They could be the next 2 Charger picks
            👍 Yep, it’s mental when a guy who lays the wood doesn’t or won’t tackle properly at his size.
            Lots of potential with Franklin in the slot?
            Did not stop the Chiefs from taking Worthy at 28, not that I think it was a great pick mind you.

Comment

• electricgold
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Apr 2020
              • Send PM

Leonard Taylor DT, Sanders TE, Ainias Smith WR, Van Pran OC, Tanor Bortolini OC, Will Shipley RB, Allen RB, Caelen Carson CB, Abrams Draine CB, Malik Mustapha S, Cam Hart CB, Brenden Rice WR, Quinton Newsome CB, Isaac Guerendo RB, Jaylen Wright RB

All still on the board!

Comment

• Fouts2herbert
                Charger Fan since 1978
                • Sep 2021
                • Send PM

Originally posted by electricgold View Post
                Leonard Taylor DT, Sanders TE, Ainias Smith WR, Van Pran OC, Tanor Bortolini OC, Will Shipley RB, Allen RB, Caelen Carson CB, Abrams Draine CB, Malik Mustapha S, Cam Hart CB, Brenden Rice WR, Quntion Newsome CB

All still on the board!
                is cade stover still available?
                "The author assumes no responsibility or liability for any errors or omissions in the content of this post. The information contained in this post is provided on an "as is" basis with no guarantees of completeness, accuracy, usefulness or timeliness..."​​

Comment

• Fouts2herbert
                  Charger Fan since 1978
                  • Sep 2021
                  • Send PM

Theo johnson from Penn State and Jared Wiley from TCU are interesting TE prospects too
                  "The author assumes no responsibility or liability for any errors or omissions in the content of this post. The information contained in this post is provided on an "as is" basis with no guarantees of completeness, accuracy, usefulness or timeliness..."​​

Comment

• electricgold
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Apr 2020
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Fouts2herbert View Post

is cade stover still available?
                    Yep Stover is on the board too!

Comment

• Fouts2herbert
                      Charger Fan since 1978
                      • Sep 2021
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by electricgold View Post

Yep Stover is on the board too!
                      #105 is going to be a really good player too, there's a ton of really good players still available, even by picks 137 and 140 there will still be some great guys available, it starts to thin out after that tho...I would like to see them pick up that Kamara kid from Colorado State...

Comment

• Jack Burton
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Apr 2023
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Leslie Grossman View Post

👍 Yep, it’s mental when a guy who lays the wood doesn’t or won’t tackle properly at his size.
                        Lots of potential with Franklin in the slot?
                        Did not stop the Chiefs from taking Worthy at 28, not that I think it was a great pick mind you.
                        I think that Worthy pick is like the Clyde Hellaire pick…

Comment

• Jack Burton
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Apr 2023
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Fouts2herbert View Post

#105 is going to be a really good player too, there's a ton of really good players still available, even by picks 137 and 140 there will still be some great guys available, it starts to thin out after that tho...I would like to see them pick up that Kamara kid from Colorado State...
                          105 has to be a starter.
                          It might not be what we all want, but it’s a BPA they see as a starter.

Comment

Working...
                          X