• Send PM

Not sure if this will go over well, but it's all I can think of:

image.png

Comment

• ChargersPowderBlue
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Aug 2019
      • Send PM

I looked at his rankings on many sites. He's a top 10 WR in the draft. Depending on what site you go to, he's anywhere from 5-10.

Comment

• Xenos
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Feb 2019
        • Send PM

Comment

• Ghost of Quacksaw
          Beef Before Gazelles
          • May 2021
          • Send PM

If I understand everything I'm hearing right...

The *only* knock there is on McConkey is that he is slightly undersized.

So... the Chargers got the best piece of Beef this draft class had to offer in Joe Alt at #5, and then a receiver who's 2 inches short and 10 pounds light of being a Top 15 pick in a receiver heavy draft.

That doesn't sound so bad.

Comment

• richpjr
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jun 2013
            • Nashville
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Ghost of Quacksaw View Post
            If I understand everything I'm hearing right...

The *only* knock there is on McConkey is that he is slightly undersized.

So... the Chargers got the best piece of Beef this draft class had to offer in Joe Alt at #5, and then a receiver who's 2 inches short and 10 pounds light of being a Top 15 pick in a receiver heavy draft.

That doesn't sound so bad.
            Another knock on McConkey is he has had some nagging injuries. Curious to see if an offseason with Herbert as his trainer helps out here.

Comment

• Ghost of Quacksaw
              Beef Before Gazelles
              • May 2021
              • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post

Another knock on McConkey is he has had some nagging injuries. Curious to see if an offseason with Herbert as his trainer helps out here.
              The good news (allegedly) is that the Bolts' offense will be run heavy, exposing guys like McConkey to less abuse than wideouts in more pass heavy offenses would get. So-- in theory, anyway-- as opposing DBs crowd the line of scrimmage to shut down the run, guys like McConkey can blow past them for long yardage on play-action.

The plan seems pretty clear. We're all just waiting to see how well it gets executed.

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                Day Tripper
                • May 2019
                • North of the Lagoon
                • Send PM

The good news (allegedly) is that the Bolts' offense will be run heavy, exposing guys like McConkey to less abuse than wideouts in more pass heavy offenses would get. So-- in theory, anyway-- as opposing DBs crowd the line of scrimmage to shut down the run, guys like McConkey can blow past them for long yardage on play-action.

The plan seems pretty clear. We're all just waiting to see how well it gets executed.
                then they'll hold back to prevent the huge play and he'll eat them like you eat an elephant (one bite at a time) underneath with wicked crisp ins, outs, hooks, etc. When they grow frustrated and come up tight again, he'll blister them again over the top. Rinse and repeat - they cannot cover Our Ladd.

I am tellin' ya, Quack ... watching his film is like watching the best of Slayer with an addition of sub-4.4 speed on top.
                “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• sonorajim
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jan 2019
                  • Send PM

Yeah. I expect "run heavy" is interpreted differently depend on who you talk to. My guess is that G-Ro will be around 60 pass/ 40 run. The "heavy" part being smash mouth organized blocking, including blocks from damn near everyone not running the ball. "Heavy" also includes success in terms of avg ypc and number of break away runs.

Do that from some basic sets that can go a variety of ways and keep Ds thinking. The "heavy" part being heavily effective and diverse from base, mostly 2 TE sets.

Comment

• jubei
                    Vagabond Ninja
                    • Feb 2019
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by sonorajim View Post

Yeah. I expect "run heavy" is interpreted differently depend on who you talk to. My guess is that G-Ro will be around 60 pass/ 40 run. The "heavy" part being smash mouth organized blocking, including blocks from damn near everyone not running the ball. "Heavy" also includes success in terms of avg ypc and number of break away runs.

Do that from some basic sets that can go a variety of ways and keep Ds thinking. The "heavy" part being heavily effective and diverse from base, mostly 2 TE sets.
                    60% pass is a pretty high percentage of pass plays. I'd think more along the lines of 55/45.

Comment

• jubei
                      Vagabond Ninja
                      • Feb 2019
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Xenos View Post
                      I like Mina almost as much as I like Kay.

Comment

• Ghost of Quacksaw
                        Beef Before Gazelles
                        • May 2021
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by sonorajim View Post

60/40 sounds pretty realistic. In theory, 50/50 really would be ideal, but you have to have the horses (RBs) to make that work. Progress tends to happen in steps, not all at once, so I'm looking at the team's present RB group as kind of embryonic.

We don't really think that Edwards and Dobbins will be here in two years, right? They're transitional, but probably emblematic of the types of backs the personnel guys will be targeting in the next two draft classes. (Imagine bringing in a blue or even red chip back, with a dominant O-line already in place!?!.) <drool>

Hurst and Dissly were acquired pretty much for the lone purpose of adding 'Heavy' to the Chargers' offense. Joe Alt? Totally compatible with executing 'heavy'. And then Gus Edwards coming up behind all that 'heavy', looking for a lane to burst through. The Bolts are prepared to successfully execute this is ways that they-- hands, down, undeniably-- WEREN'T last year.

It all looks good on the drawing board. Six weeks until camp. Eight weeks until they're playing against anybody but themselves.

Comment

• Ghost of Quacksaw
                          Beef Before Gazelles
                          • May 2021
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by jubei View Post

I like Mina almost as much as I like Kay.
                          I like Mina better than Hayley.

Comment

Working...
                          X