• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Riverwalk
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Nov 2021
    • Send PM

Originally posted by FoutsFan View Post

Disagree with DD. It’s never a bad pick to get a stud return man. Every punt return you are on the edge of your seat as he could take it to the house. Especially with the Greek tragedy we have had the last decade at returners.
    They changed the kickoff rules because most kicks weren’t being returned. New rules will change that but is DD the guy or a RB, or one of your larger WR’s? TBD, I guess.

Comment

• FoutsFan
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Feb 2019
      • Birmingham AL
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Riverwalk View Post

They changed the kickoff rules because most kicks weren’t being returned. New rules will change that but is DD the guy or a RB, or one of your larger WR’s? TBD, I guess.
      They didn’t change punt returns and that is DD’s forte.

Comment

• sonorajim
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jan 2019
        • Send PM

Originally posted by FoutsFan View Post

They didn’t change punt returns and that is DD’s forte.
        They made the kick return resemble the punt return. Not hard to imagine DD competing as a KR.

Comment

• AK47
          Registered Charger Fan
          • May 2019
          • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post
          Colson already knows the D so he will be way ahead of the curve for most rookies.
          Knows the system + DC + HC + Trainer = sped up his NFL transition by at least 1 season maybe 2 seasons. Lets see how long it takes for him to wear the green dot.

Comment

• Duck of Death
            Social Piranha
            • May 2022
            • Flyover, USA
            • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post
            3 home runs in a row. My second fave LB in the draft, very good value in Rd3. Well done so far …
            Gotta admit, it feels a little weird not yelling “WTF?” following a Chargers’ 3rd round selection.

Comment

• UtahBolt
              Did we win?
              • Jun 2013
              • I'll ride the wave...where it takes me.
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Duck of Death View Post

Gotta admit, it feels a little weird not yelling “WTF?” following a Chargers’ 3rd round selection.
              Tre McKitty, Dan Feeney, Craig Mager and Chris Watt all wanted me to tell you Hi.
              I'll ride the wave...where it takes me.

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                Day Tripper
                • May 2019
                • North of the Lagoon
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Riverwalk View Post
                Three picks so far and each of them will no doubt be starters but also likely the best player on the Chargers at their position.

Contrast that with 2023 draft….QJ, Daiyan Henley, and Derius Davis, It’s laughable if it wasn’t so pathetic.

It didn’t get any better after the first three in that 2023 draft. Jordan McFadden, Scott Matlock, and Max Dugan were next picks.

FU Telesco.

It’s amazing the impact Harbaugh and Hortiz are having on this franchise. I think Edwards and Dobbins are huge upgrades to the RB room too.

Still some gaping holes to fill. DT & CB. And more WR’s.

I still like Henley as a weak side LB … we’ve not see if he can become a pro because he played for Staley.

McFadden could develop into a player. Others … not as much. I still smile thinking about the Matlock excitement that he was our new secret TE-ish OL6-eligible TD-scoring red zone weapon lol. Good times …
                “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• Boltx
                  Dominate the day
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Send PM

Out of all our picks (and I like them all), I think I am most excited about Colson.
                  ESPN Screename: GoBolts02

Comment

• 21&500
                    Bolt Spit-Baller
                    • Sep 2018
                    • A Whale's Vajayjay
                    • CMB refugee
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltx View Post
                    Out of all our picks (and I like them all), I think I am most excited about Colson.
                    Same.
                    perhaps it's wise to temper my expectations I have of him as THE leader on D for years to come...

but the again, I've never been confused for "wise".
                    P1. Block Destruction - Ogbonnia
                    P2. Shocking Effort - Eboigbe
                    P3. Ball Disruption - Ford
                    P4. Obnoxious Communication - Henley

Comment

• AK47
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • May 2019
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltx View Post
                      For multiple reasons respectively, our first 3 picks are safe contributors.

#1 rated OT with rare size and athleticism to play both LT/RT positions, a WR that can create separation via crisp routes with legit 4.39 speed, a LB that knows the defense, DC, HC, Trainer.

Comment

• Ghost of Quacksaw
                        Beef Before Gazelles
                        • May 2021
                        • Send PM

A.J. Finley-- a UDFA from last year-- has shown a lot more than J.T. Woods has in two full seasons. If either makes the team in 2024, it will be Finley.

To make the team THIS year, guys like Ja'Sir Taylor and Deane Leonard will have to clearly outplay Tarheeb Still and Cam Hart... which doesn't seem likely. Taylor and Leonard are a lot closer to the end of their rookie contracts, and weren't drafted for the traits that the new regime covets.

And there will be massive turnover in what was the bottom third of the 2023 roster. Judging from the number of UDFA O-linemen that have been signed, Foster Sarrell and Brenden Jaimes shouldn't be renewing any leases. With Will Dissly and Hayden Hurst signed, Stone Smartt and Donald Parham are almost certain casualties. The RB room will be night-and-day different, with Gus Edwards, J.K. Dobbins and Kimani Vidal the most prominent new faces. If Ben Mason counts as a RB instead of a TE, that's the entire group, which would mean ZERO holdovers from last year.

The 2024 Bolts are going to look very, very different from last year's edition.

Comment

Working...
                        X