• Show
Clear All
  • Formula 21
    The Future is Now
    • Jun 2013
    • Republic of San Diego
    • Send PM

2024 NFL Draft - Day 3, Rounds 4 through 7

Day 2 went extremely well so I’m starting the day 3 thread.

We pick 5th in the 4th. A nice place to be to potentially get a 2nd round talent.

I’d love a DT but I’m not fond of their size so I’m going with one of the BPAs at a position of need.

I’m looking at TJ Tampa, CB, or Jaden Hicks, SS.

We need more players in the defensive backfield too.

We have 6 picks today. Can we get two quality starters? That would make this one of those rare foundational drafts. I think we already have 3 starters picked so far.

-------------------
    Admin note... Because the draft broadcasts are somewhat behind the actual picks, the rule on not posting the picks before announcement won't be enforced, but don't post rumors or info that isn't from a known reliable reporter. As far as the actual draft pick "welcome" threads, if I don't post it , feel free to do so, I'll modify the titles as for their round and pick number. Because they are somewhat shorter than the day 1 and 2 picks, and don't get a lot of traffic, they may get combined later after the draft. The committed UDFAs will have its own thread as soon the draft is over. I will post the link to the different rounds here as well -Bolt-O

Round 4: https://www.thepowderblues.com/forum...62#post1697862

Round 5: https://www.thepowderblues.com/forum...88#post1698188

Round 6: https://www.thepowderblues.com/forum...16#post1698516

Round 7: https://www.thepowderblues.com/forum...09#post1698709
    Last edited by Formula 21; 04-27-2024, 02:51 AM.
    Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
    The Wasted Decade is done.
    Build Back Better.
  • Formula 21
    The Future is Now
    • Jun 2013
    • Republic of San Diego
    • Send PM

I’m also looking at the offense and thinking it’s pretty damn solid right now. So I see a very defensive oriented third round.
    Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
    The Wasted Decade is done.
    Build Back Better.

Comment

• La Costa Boy
      Pretty much retired......
      • Sep 2018
      • JoJa
      • Bloviator of hot air and rhetoric.
      • Send PM

Per CBS.com's Will Brinson:

Los Angeles Chargers

I've made no bones about my love for Jim Harbaugh and how he just WINS. Well, he's immediately been aggressive about building the Chargers in his vision with this draft and I love what he's doing. With two picks on Friday, Harbs added one of my favorite wideouts in the entire class and an absolute lunchpail guy in Ladd McConkey. Chargers fans freaking out about no weapons now have a perfectly good group, especially if Harbaugh gets the most out of Quentin Johnston. Herbert throwing p--- missiles to Ladd is gonna make me do something silly with the Chargers this offseason. Then L.A. snagged Junior Colson, a former pupil of Harbaugh's at Michigan, who can help come into the Chargers locker room and, even as a rookie, be a conduit from the head coach. He's also a really good player who fits with what the Chargers need. This team is gonna be a problem next year.

This guy must read TPB. I love the part about fans "freaking out about no weapons" Bwahahahaha TFF.......

Comment

• Boltdiehard
        The Precious
        • May 2019
        • Send PM

Originally posted by La Costa Boy View Post
        Per CBS.com's Will Brinson:

Los Angeles Chargers

I've made no bones about my love for Jim Harbaugh and how he just WINS. Well, he's immediately been aggressive about building the Chargers in his vision with this draft and I love what he's doing. With two picks on Friday, Harbs added one of my favorite wideouts in the entire class and an absolute lunchpail guy in Ladd McConkey. Chargers fans freaking out about no weapons now have a perfectly good group, especially if Harbaugh gets the most out of Quentin Johnston. Herbert throwing p--- missiles to Ladd is gonna make me do something silly with the Chargers this offseason. Then L.A. snagged Junior Colson, a former pupil of Harbaugh's at Michigan, who can help come into the Chargers locker room and, even as a rookie, be a conduit from the head coach. He's also a really good player who fits with what the Chargers need. This team is gonna be a problem next year.

This guy must read TPB. I love the part about fans "freaking out about no weapons" Bwahahahaha TFF.......
        “Herbert throwing piss missiles to Ladd”

Every time I see coach Harbaugh he has a shit eating grin on his face and seems like he’s having the time of his life. Hope it continues for a long time.

Comment

• Lone Bolt
          Oline-Tip of the Spear...
          • Feb 2019
          • McLean Illinois
          • Pipefitter Illinois State University
          • Send PM

Im not seeing much to move the needle left on defense...why is Tampa sliding?

So...looking hard at Nourzad and other C prospects...and RB, of course...Ray Davis is my guy, but like several...we have to have a deep and talented RB room for Jims offense to work...and right now, 2/3 of our room are coming off major injury issues the past few years, and Spiller has shown nothing...yet...

I fear a big run on RBs in the fourth...hopefully, whenever we pull the trigger, there will be a prospect they really like...
          Adopted Bolt: Kimani Vidal RB

Final prediction: Latham OT, Colson LB, Sainristil CB,Rice WR, Zinter OG, Nourzad OC, MacLachlan TE, Vidal RB, Lovett DT

Comment

• La Costa Boy
            • Sep 2018
            • JoJa
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltdiehard View Post

“Herbert throwing piss missiles to Ladd”

Every time I see coach Harbaugh he has a shit eating grin on his face and seems like he’s having the time of his life. Hope it continues for a long time.
            "Who's got it better than us?" I wish I was in LA with my travel trailer. I'd find where Jim is camped and get the closest spot. Fire up some tasty ribeye's and enjoy the aura.

Comment

• JOJAX85
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Sep 2018
              • Irmo, SC
              • Send PM

I think today is gravy. Rock solid draft thus far. Hopefully we can find another guy or 2 who can make the roster, but I'm satisfied. This team was like buying a fixer upper, but the roof was caved in. Everything inside was moldy. You couldn't just slap a can of paint on it, because the boards were rotten. We couldn't spend in Free Agency, because we didn't have money to spend so you couldn't fix it that way. We got some nice help in the draft. We'll get some more on cut down day. Then we roll what we have. Might take a year or 2 to get where we want to be, but I guarantee we will be competitive. It will no longer be embarrassing to be a Bolts fan. And hopefully, in a few years, we will be that team that wins so much people hate us for it. I'll be ok with that.

Comment

• powderblueboy
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jul 2017
                • Send PM

Daniel Jeremiah's list of top guys available day 3:

Christian Jones, Texas OT (ranked 55th overall)
                Brandon Dorlus, Oregon DT (ranked 65th overall)
                Tanner McLachlan, Arizona TE (ranked 68th overall)
                Ja'Tavion Sanders, Texas TE (ranked 70th overall)
                Mohamed Kamara, Colorado State Edge (ranked 71st overall)
                Kris Abrams-Draine, Missouri CB (ranked 72nd overall)
                Cedric Gray, North Carolina LB (ranked 75th overall)
                Troy Franklin, Oregon WR (ranked 76th overall)
                Jaden Hicks, Washington State S (ranked 78th overall)
                Ray Davis, Kentucky RB (ranked 81st overall)
                Theo Johnson, Penn State TE (ranked 82nd overall)
                Jared Wiley, TCU TE (ranked 83rd overall)
                T.J. Tampa, Iowa State CB (ranked 85th overall)
                Spencer Rattler, South Carolina QB (ranked 89th overall)
                Will Shipley, Clemson RB (ranked 92nd overall)
                Devontez Walker, North Carolina WR (ranked 93rd overall)
                Malik Washington, Virginia WR (ranked 95th overall)
                Jaylen Wright, Tennessee RB (ranked 95th overall)
                Dominique Hampton, Washington S (ranked 97th overall)
                Mason McCormick, South Dakota State OL (ranked 101st overall)
                Sedric Van Pran-Granger, Georgia OL (ranked 102nd overall)
                Jarvis Brownlee, Jr., Louisville CB (ranked 103rd overall)
                Bucky Irving, Oregon RB (ranked 105th overall)
                Nehemiah Pritchett, Auburn CB (ranked 106th overall)

Comment

• DerwinBosa
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Feb 2022
                  • Send PM

In no particular order, some prospects I"m interested in:

1. Tennessee running back Jaylen Wright
                  2. Miami defensive tackle Leonard Taylor
                  3. USC wide receiver Brenden Rice
                  4. South Carolina quarterback Spencer Rattler--I think Stick as a backup is a problem.
                  5. Oregon wide receiver Troy Franklin
                  6. Central Florida wide receiver Javon Baker
                  7. Georgia center Sedrick Van Pran
                  8. Ohio State tight end Cade Stover
                  9. Texas tight end Ja'Tavion Sanders

I'm concerned with our defensive tackle situation, but that's not the way the board fell for Harbaugh and Hortiz so. We can't get everything done in one draft. There are still plenty of good players left. The prospects I mentioned above are those I'm familiar with and like, but I won't be upset if Harbaugh and Hortiz don't take any of them. I look forward to seeing what they do.

Comment

• wu-dai clan
                    Smooth Operation
                    • May 2017
                    • Send PM

Two recent comments should fuel our takes here.

Hortiz said yesterday we are not done at OL. that can mean IOL or maybe G/T, w/a trade of Pipkins to free up post draft DB UFA money.

Jeremiah said two days ago that these mid round DBs are very similar in talent level, but different in skill sets. Who you got at this PON ?

We will find a late specialized weapon, be it RB, WR or TE.

Also there is DL. Who you got ?

I have mentioned Jaden Hicks DB, Josh Newton CB and Leonard Taylor III DT @ #105.

My nuggets @ #137, 140, 181, 225, 253 with appear later, soon as my crystal ball warms up.

Geek out and prosper TPB !
                    Last edited by wu-dai clan; 04-27-2024, 05:52 AM.
                    We do not play modern football.

Comment

• wu-dai clan
                      Smooth Operation
                      • May 2017
                      • Send PM

This is where I like to look at the big board backwards lol. Which positions are loaded very late ? Like always, it's WR, RB, CB, IOL. Let's find a L'Jarius Sneed !
                      We do not play modern football.

Comment

• La Costa Boy
                        • Sep 2018
                        • JoJa
                        • Send PM

I just read the McConkey thread. Now I see where the doom and gloomers headed off to.

Anyway.......

CBS had Draine ranked 32nd and Tampa ranked 61. EITHER of those 2 would make me happy. Center which is a position that makes me very nervous still has Van Pran, Bortolini, and Nourzad still sitting there. I roll those dice and wait until the 5th. For RB We have options with smaller guys in Davis and Erving (Davis is only small on height at 220lbs) Or bigger with Wright, Allen, Guerendo or Estime.

That's my 4th and 5th round needs wish list. 4TH is either CB, early 5th is Nourzad and our later 5th one of those 6 RB's. That would fill a lot of roster holes and maybe we see Wingo fall to the 6th for DT. Who knows????

Comment

Working...
                        X