• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Topcat
    AKA "Pollcat"
    • Jan 2019
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Lefty2SLO View Post

To be clear - I love the pick! And I'd keep Dot over Spillar . . . . . . . . IF Dobbins can stay healthy (big IF) we've got a nice RB group - feels a lot like the WR group in that they're all solid, but no superstars.

FEELS MUCH MORE LIKE A HARBAUGH TEAM NOW THAN BEFORE THE DRAFT . . . . . . . . . . . . Derwin and Joey better understand what's coming. There will be no more 'pet' players . . . . . .
    Does this spell the end of the Staley Birthday Boy Club?

Comment

• Lefty2SLO
      Moderate Skeptic
      • May 2022
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Jack Burton View Post

What’s so great about him is he’s patient, and can turn it on but his vision and recognition to just get the 1st down, when the home run isn’t there is so important to the Chargers. The not converting on 3rd and 2 days are over.
      Yes - I see lots of ball control offense in our future - at least this year. Oline improvements, Gus, Vidal and McConkey will convert lots of first downs for us. I do think the 3rd & 2 failures of the past may (finally) be behind us, and we're on the path to being a physically dominant LOS team . . . . . . . . . still need at least one more draft though - IDL and IOL need more work . . . . . . . . .

Comment

• Lefty2SLO
        Moderate Skeptic
        • May 2022
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

Does this spell the end of the Staley Birthday Boy Club?
        I'd imagine so, and the time spent choreographing celebrations, and the Chuckie Cheese outings, and the miniature golf outings, and the coach speak, and the woke phrases, and the helmet tossing, and the country club TC, and well - everything Staley . . . . . . . .

We are on the path to real football . . . . . . . . . . . . I can't wait for the season to start!

Comment

• sonorajim
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jan 2019
          • Send PM

Watched some Kimani Vidal tape. How the heck did this kid go to us at pick 181? He' so good! I thought H2 would do some great work late but Vidal just blows my mind.

Comment

• Caslon
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Apr 2019
            • Send PM

Vidal will most likely play only on Special Teams his first year. Spiller has experience over him.

Comment

• blueman
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jun 2013
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Caslon View Post
              Vidal will most likely play only on Special Teams his first year. Spiller has experience over him.
              Sorry but ef that.

Comment

• Lefty2SLO
                Moderate Skeptic
                • May 2022
                • Send PM

Where's Lone Bolt? I thought Kimani was his guy . . . . . . . . . . . He should be bouncing off the walls somewhere . . . . . . .

Comment

• Lefty2SLO
                  Moderate Skeptic
                  • May 2022
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Caslon View Post
                  Not a chance . . . . . . . . Unless he's greatly improved Spiller will have a hard time making the team . . . . . . . . maybe PS

Comment

• Jack Burton
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Apr 2023
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by blueman View Post

Sorry but ef that.
                    Spillers days are numbered.

Comment

• Chargers8491
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Apr 2022
                      • Send PM

After the East West game I posted highlights of Vital as one of my hidden gems. So glad the Chargers selected him. I posted Nourzad and Pline as well. Pline is still an option in the 7th but will likely be a UDFA.
                      1- #11 Bowers TE 7a- #225 Boyd DT
                      2a- #35 Cooper LB 7b- #253 Vidal RB
                      2b- #37 Jenkins DT
                      3a- #66 Puni OT
                      3b- #69 Sainristill CB
                      4a- #105 Rice WR
                      4b- #110 Lloyd RB
                      5- #140 Green CB
                      6- #181 Nourzad C/OG

Comment

• Whydachargers?
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Aug 2023
                        • Send PM

I'd imagine so, and the time spent choreographing celebrations, and the Chuckie Cheese outings, and the miniature golf outings, and the coach speak, and the woke phrases, and the helmet tossing, and the country club TC, and well - everything Staley . . . . . . . .

We are on the path to real football . . . . . . . . . . . . I can't wait for the season to start!
                        Everything is good to go. I am so ready for some old-school football from these Chargers. Grind it out on offense and totally subdue your opponent on defense. It's really about time we started playing this way.

Comment

• Topcat
                          AKA "Pollcat"
                          • Jan 2019
                          • Send PM

U forgot to mention Staley stubbornly sticking with his lame Pattern Match Defense...and then reacting like a snapping turtle when some reporter dared to question him on whether it was working or not...

Comment

Working...
                          X