• Show
Clear All
  • 21&500
    Bolt Spit-Baller
    • Sep 2018
    • A Whale's Vajayjay
    • CMB refugee
    • Send PM

I figure if there's anyone fighting for their spot more than ever it's Dotson, not Spiller.
    Spiller is young, moldable and has plenty of tread left.
    As much as I love watching video of Vidal bulldozing through the sunbelt conference, he has to prove it at this level and he has to do with with a limited number of miles left.
    I don't think Joe drafts him if he doesn't think he can be a valuable part of the rotation, but I'm.not automatically out of Spiller because we drafted a 6th round rb.

JKD, Gus, Spiller, Vidal, Mason is my too-earlt favourites to be our backfield.
    Chargers vs. Everyone

Comment

• Jack Burton
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Apr 2023
      • Send PM

Originally posted by 21&500 View Post
      I figure if there's anyone fighting for their spot more than ever it's Dotson, not Spiller.
      As much as I love watching video of Vidal bulldozing through the sunbelt conference, he has to prove it at this level and he has to do with with a limited number of miles left.
      I don't think Joe drafts him if he doesn't think he can be a valuable part of the rotation, but I'm.not automatically out of Spiller because we drafted a 6th round rb.

I dunno, man..
      They drafted Vidal for a reason and used that valuable pick in a draft where they didn’t have spare picks to just throw away on guys who will be the #4 RB.
      5 DTs went after him. Chargers still need another DT.
      3 TEs including Tanner McLachlan. This guy would be vying to be the best pass catching TE today!

Vidal is pro ready to play today.
      I think it’s Gus-JK-Vidal-whoever else.

Comment

• Ghost of Quacksaw
        Beef Before Gazelles
        • May 2021
        • Send PM

Originally posted by pigskin View Post
        I've read sproles, mini Turner, to me he reminds me of MJD.
        Good call!

Comment

• Fouts2herbert
          Charger Fan since 1978
          • Sep 2021
          • Send PM

Originally posted by 21&500 View Post

There is something else going on with Spiller, why doesn't he play on STs? it's not like STs is rocket science, you just have to be a team player and get after it to help the team in terms of roster management, it's not like Spiller is LT or someone like that, he was drafted in the 4rth round for fuck's sake...Sony Michel didn't play on STs but he was a former #1 pick and was being counted on to be one of the top backs, I can almost understand Sony being a bit more of a prima donna...but what's Spiller's excuse? The Spiller thing is bigger than what he's shown or not shown on the field, he's been a healthy scratch even when it was common sense that his number would be called due to injuries, why is that? and just because there is a new coaching staff doesn't mean that the new coaches aren't concerned about that history whatever it is, I certainly hope that Spiller has a good explanation to offer the new administration because if he's unwilling to play his part on STs then he's not going to be a Charger past training camp...

If they are going to get anywhere with him then they are going to need to get him to come out of his bubble, assuming they even think it's worthwhile to work with the kid...so this summer in preseason if we see Spiller playing on STs with gusto, then that tells me that he bought into the new culture and the new coaches which means he has a shot to stick around, if it's more of the same from the past two years then he's not gonna be here, either they trade him for a conditional 7th round pick or something like that or they just cut him outright...
          "The author assumes no responsibility or liability for any errors or omissions in the content of this post. The information contained in this post is provided on an "as is" basis with no guarantees of completeness, accuracy, usefulness or timeliness..."​​

Comment

• Fouts2herbert
            Charger Fan since 1978
            • Sep 2021
            • Send PM

Mason is running unopposed so he's the 5th guy for sure, that just leaves 4 spots for 6 backs, depending on health I think it'll be Dobbins, Edwards, Vidal, and either Patterson or Dotson at #4, I think Spiller is the odd man out...
            "The author assumes no responsibility or liability for any errors or omissions in the content of this post. The information contained in this post is provided on an "as is" basis with no guarantees of completeness, accuracy, usefulness or timeliness..."​​

Comment

• Formula 21
              The Future is Now
              • Jun 2013
              • Republic of San Diego
              • Send PM

I don’t think TTs guys are safe in this new regime. Spiller, Woods…… These guys are going to have to carve out a roll for themselves or they’re gone.

And I still think Pipkins will be traded. He has value as a T somewhere.
              Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
              The Wasted Decade is done.
              Build Back Better.

Comment

• Whydachargers?
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Aug 2023
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Formula 21 View Post
                I don’t think TTs guys are safe in this new regime. Spiller, Woods…… These guys are going to have to carve out a roll for themselves or they’re gone.

And I still think Pipkins will be traded. He has value as a T somewhere.
                I would try to trade Pipkins for a good back up Center/Guard.

Comment

• Boltinloudguy
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Nov 2021
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Jack Burton View Post

I dunno, man..
                  They drafted Vidal for a reason and used that valuable pick in a draft where they didn’t have spare picks to just throw away on guys who will be the #4 RB.
                  5 DTs went after him. Chargers still need another DT.
                  3 TEs including Tanner McLachlan. This guy would be vying to be the best pass catching TE today!

Vidal is pro ready to play today.
                  I think it’s Gus-JK-Vidal-whoever else.

I think Vidal is just as much for insurance of Dobbins making it through the season and battle Spiller for RB 3. Either way, I think they keep 4. Them they go into 2025 with Edwards, Spiller and Vidal.

Comment

• Ghost of Quacksaw
                    Beef Before Gazelles
                    • May 2021
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Fouts2herbert View Post

Nobody here wanted Spiller to succeed more than me, but no, Spiller was already on the bubble BEFORE they drafted Vidal, this is the end for Spiller in a bolt uniform he won't make it to the final roster...
                    You're killin' my buzz with your negativity, man! The dude abides!

Comment

• Ghost of Quacksaw
                      Beef Before Gazelles
                      • May 2021
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltinloudguy View Post

I think Vidal is just as much for insurance of Dobbins making it through the season and battle Spiller for RB 3. Either way, I think they keep 4. Them they go into 2025 with Edwards, Spiller and Vidal.
                      Line 'em up three deep, and let 'em compere.

Did you see the fat boy road grader O-linemen the Bolts signed as UDFA?!? The message is clear, this team is looking for MAULERS!

Comment

• Jack Burton
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Apr 2023
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltinloudguy View Post

Spiller has never even played. He can’t even play STs. Folks here have propped up this guy for years now.
                        They didn’t draft another RB in a draft in which they could not afford to waste picks so they would have him be the 4th guy. Spiller is gone.

Comment

• Topcat
                          AKA "Pollcat"
                          • Jan 2019
                          • Send PM

My only question mark on Vidal is that he played at Troy, technically a Division I school, but in the Sun Belt Conference, so a bit of a step below the major conferences...aside from that, I think it's a great pick...hoping he works out, especially easing him into the RB committee rotation...

Comment

Working...
                          X