• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • AK47
    Registered Charger Fan
    • May 2019
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Jack Burton View Post
    RB Kimani Vidal had 82 rushes for 1st down conversions last year.
    If you watch the tape he gets his yardage via a combination of at least 2 or more of the following: Bouncing off defenders, stiff arming defender, run through arm tackles, make multiple cuts, using vision to hit hole or single cut, using 2nd gear to separate from defenders, bounce outside and outrun the defense, patient behind blockers then explodes, making dudes miss,

This kid has little weaknesses......... sort of like a midget Emmitt Smith. BUT can he do it at the NFL level?

Comment

• jaguarmanftype
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Nov 2020
      • Send PM

Originally posted by AK47 View Post

If you watch the tape he gets his yardage via a combination of at least 2 or more of the following: Bouncing off defenders, stiff arming defender, run through arm tackles, make multiple cuts, using vision to hit hole or single cut, using 2nd gear to separate from defenders, bounce outside and outrun the defense, patient behind blockers then explodes, making dudes miss,

This kid has little weaknesses......... sort of like a midget Emmitt Smith. BUT can he do it at the NFL level?
      I think so. Could be a shorter version of Marshawn Lynch.

Comment

• Chargers8491
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Apr 2022
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

Trapasso in his review of Vidal said he sees him as a playoff-caliber RB...
        I'm going to get hammered for this but don't care. Watching him run reminds me of LT. They are basically the same size. LT was 5'10 Vidal is 5'8. Lt was 215-220 Lbs, Vidal is 213 lbs. Thier combine results are very similar. Both ran the 40 in 4.46 and they both run the rock the same. Watch highlights of Vidal and tell me if he doesn't look like LT running. Anyway, I'm not saying he will be as great as LT but they are very similar type of running backs.
        1- #11 Bowers TE 7a- #225 Boyd DT
        2a- #35 Cooper LB 7b- #253 Vidal RB
        2b- #37 Jenkins DT
        3a- #66 Puni OT
        3b- #69 Sainristill CB
        4a- #105 Rice WR
        4b- #110 Lloyd RB
        5- #140 Green CB
        6- #181 Nourzad C/OG

Comment

• Topcat
          AKA "Pollcat"
          • Jan 2019
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Chargers8491 View Post

I'm going to get hammered for this but don't care. Watching him run reminds me of LT. They are basically the same size. LT was 5'10 Vidal is 5'8. Lt was 215-220 Lbs, Vidal is 213 lbs. Thier combine results are very similar. Both ran the 40 in 4.46 and they both run the rock the same. Watch highlights of Vidal and tell me if he doesn't look like LT running. Anyway, I'm not saying he will be as great as LT but they are very similar type of running backs.
          If Vidal turns out to be a poor man's LT, I'm more than good with that...

Comment

• Topcat
            AKA "Pollcat"
            • Jan 2019
            • Send PM

The only weakness I see in Vidal is he doesn't seem to have a 4th gear to take it to the house...in his highlight reel, he got caught from behind on long runs by speedy corners...aside from that, he's got everything u want in an RB...like I said earlier, I see Vidal getting a LOT of first downs for us...and that's a good thing...

Comment

• AK47
              Registered Charger Fan
              • May 2019
              • Send PM

The only weakness I see in Vidal is he doesn't seem to have a 4th gear to take it to the house...in his highlight reel, he got caught from behind on long runs by speedy corners...aside from that, he's got everything u want in an RB...like I said earlier, I see Vidal getting a LOT of first downs for us...and that's a good thing...
              It wasn't that game where he scored like 5 TDs right

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Dec 2019
                • Send PM

If Vidal turns out to be a poor man's LT, I'm more than good with that...
                I will just take a running game that is top 20 in the league and that isn't a wasted down and when you need it, can run out the clock

Comment

• 21&500
                  Bolt Spit-Baller
                  • Sep 2018
                  • A Whale's Vajayjay
                  • CMB refugee
                  • Send PM

Whoa whoa whoa whoa

whoa

Whoa...

Slurrr yerrr rolllllll....

...actually ya I kinda see it.

I just brace for blasphemy.
                  Chargers vs. Everyone

Comment

• CanadianBoltFan
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jul 2022
                    • White Rock, BC Canada
                    • Send PM

That is a good and correct point. That is the one thing he lacks. He is not a burner.

Still an interesting player. You don't get perfection in the 6th round. Does enough things well to have 3 down potential.

Comment

• Boltdiehard
                      The Precious
                      • May 2019
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Jack Burton View Post
                      RB Kimani Vidal had 82 rushes for 1st down conversions last year.
                      This area was a disaster for us last year and I started leaving the room in short yardage situations.

Comment

• AK47
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • May 2019
                        • Send PM

Not LT. LT had elite lateral ability and balance. 3-cone 6.84 vs 7.01. Baby LT? Don't get carried away here.

Baby Emmitt Smith

Comment

• Whydachargers?
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Aug 2023
                          • Send PM

Not LT. LT had elite lateral ability and balance. 3-cone 6.84 vs 7.01. Baby LT? Don't get carried away here.

Baby Emmitt Smith
                          I like Baby MJD but I'll be okay with Baby Emmitt too.

Comment

Working...
                          X