Clear All
  • Velo
    Ride!
    • Aug 2019
    • Everywhere
    • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltx View Post
    The WR room as a whole is way more rounded now. More talented overall. Obviously they need to prove it, but I'm glad to have a stable of young WRs.
    Exactly. Emphasis on young.

Comment

• Velo
      Ride!
      • Aug 2019
      • Everywhere
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Rugger05 View Post
      I personally think the Palmer has earned an extension so do you extend him now
      I think he has earned an extension, definitely. I assume he is part of Harbaugh and Roman's plans for the WR corps, and that he will go into the season as the #1.

Comment

• beachcomber
        & ramblin' man
        • Jan 2019
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post
        WR ROOM (not counting Fehoko)
        Josh Palmer 24 (the old man)
        Cornelius Johnson 23
        Derius Davis 23
        Quentin Johnston 22
        Ladd McConkey 22
        Brenden Rice 22 (barely)

Will all six make the roster? I don't know if Roman typically carries 6 WR. Does drafting two WRs late indicate they are not happy with Palmer, DD or QJ, and they are looking to move on from one of them?

(I'm not counting Simi Fehoko, he's still under contract but I think it's safe to assume he's going to be gone.)
        thinkin' CJ is ps material....
        5/11 Fuaga, 37 Kamari Lassiter, 40 Sinnott, 67 Bralen Trice, 69 Cedric Gray, 105 Jaylen Wright, 110 Braelon Allen, 140 Joe Milton, 181 Khristian Boyd, Tylan Grable, 225 Daijun Edwards, 253 Miyan Williams

Comment

• beachcomber
          & ramblin' man
          • Jan 2019
          • Send PM

I think he has earned an extension, definitely. I assume he is part of Harbaugh and Roman's plans for the WR corps, and that he will go into the season as the #1.
          gonna be surprised if Joe passes up on the comp pick there, not to mention the hellah salary level that Palmer could command.... ??
          5/11 Fuaga, 37 Kamari Lassiter, 40 Sinnott, 67 Bralen Trice, 69 Cedric Gray, 105 Jaylen Wright, 110 Braelon Allen, 140 Joe Milton, 181 Khristian Boyd, Tylan Grable, 225 Daijun Edwards, 253 Miyan Williams

Comment

• jamrock
            lawyers, guns and money
            • Sep 2017
            • Send PM

Exactly. Emphasis on young.
            Definitely a younger group without a lead dog or safety blanket yet. To me this is an opportunity it's for Herbert to really take charge of this group. I'm not sure he felt comfortable doing that with vet line KA or even Mike.

We'll know more about this group as things progress but McConkey and Rice may be better than QJ and Palmer. That may be the comparison

Comment

• BigBad
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Sep 2019
              • Send PM

Younger and faster. Not nearly as polished. Good start.

Comment

• DerwinBosa
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Feb 2022
                • Send PM

I doubt any of the receivers will be as good as Keenan and Williams, but we're building a football team the way Harbaugh and Hortiz prefer to do it, and whoever rounds out the depth chart will be productive.

Nobody is going to want to fuck with our offensive line. That's where we'll start to be great.

Comment

• Topcat
                  AKA "Pollcat"
                  • Jan 2019
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by RockyMtnBoltFan View Post
                  Not at all…but they were serious about rounding out the room. Getting Rice and Johnson in the 7th is crazy value. Time to compete! Doesn’t matter if QJ was a first round pick. If Rice or Johnson are better, they’ll play
                  Yep...QJ better lose the butter on his fingers real quick like, or I think he may ride some pine...

Comment

• Velo
                    Ride!
                    • Aug 2019
                    • Everywhere
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post
                    Definitely a younger group without a lead dog or safety blanket yet. To me this is an opportunity it's for Herbert to really take charge of this group. I'm not sure he felt comfortable doing that with vet line KA or even Mike.

We'll know more about this group as things progress but McConkey and Rice may be better than QJ and Palmer. That may be the comparison
                    I agree with everything you state here. Herbert is going to be the veteran leader and has the opportunity to shape this guys. I think Herbert is looking forward to throwing with these guys ASAP and start getting to know them. The thing with KA and Mike is that they were never on the field together. Mostly it was Mike who was injured, but KA missed his share of games also.

Comment

• Velo
                      Ride!
                      • Aug 2019
                      • Everywhere
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by DerwinBosa View Post
                      I doubt any of the receivers will be as good as Keenan and Williams, but we're building a football team the way Harbaugh and Hortiz prefer to do it, and whoever rounds out the depth chart will be productive.

Nobody is going to want to fuck with our offensive line. That's where we'll start to be great.
                      Yes, Keenan and Mike were great, when they were on the field.

Comment

• beachcomber
                        & ramblin' man
                        • Jan 2019
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post

Palmer >> McConkey
                        Johnston >> Rice

Comment

• Maniaque 6
                          French Speaking Charger Fan
                          • Jan 2019
                          • Québec city
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by BigBad View Post
                          Younger and faster. Not nearly as polished. Good start.
                          And cheaper !

Comment

Working...
                          X