Originally posted by Xenos View Post
    Best chance to make it, could replace Woods at FS depth

Comment

• madcaplaughs
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jun 2013
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Formula 21 View Post
      What’s Slater worth in trade after the year is over. Seriously, I don’t think he’s big enough to play for Harbaugh. Plus he’s gonna be due BIG money.

Don’t laugh at a 6’-8, 355 pound UDFA tackle. He could be our RT next year.
      You'd be nuts to trade a pro bowl LT. There were a couple of years when we were left handed. That was because of Slater. Now, if we had a guy in the wings who was really good, then you've got some versatility. I like the idea that Alt's been a LT, and can swing over there if Slater is out for more than a few plays.

Comment

• Boltjolt
        Dont let the PBs fool ya
        • Jun 2013
        • Henderson, NV
        • Send PM

Originally posted by CanadianBoltFan View Post

Hard hard could it be? If he makes a tackle and appears in a game, he wins! 😉

Comment

• Fouts2herbert
          Charger Fan since 1978
          • Sep 2021
          • Send PM

woods is definitely on my list of guys who's days are numbered under Harbaugh...the emphasis on minter's defense is tackling, they are not going to keep a guy that doesn't tackle, no matter how high he was drafted by the previous administration...
          "The author assumes no responsibility or liability for any errors or omissions in the content of this post. The information contained in this post is provided on an "as is" basis with no guarantees of completeness, accuracy, usefulness or timeliness..."​​

Comment

• Chargers8491
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Apr 2022
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

Where TF is Campbell University? Is that Div 1? Is this the guy that was suggested we replace Slater and trade him? 🙆
            It's Division 1. It's my Alma Matar. It's about 20 min from my house in Buies Creek, NC. Very small college.
            1- #11 Bowers TE 7a- #225 Boyd DT
            2a- #35 Cooper LB 7b- #253 Vidal RB
            2b- #37 Jenkins DT
            3a- #66 Puni OT
            3b- #69 Sainristill CB
            4a- #105 Rice WR
            4b- #110 Lloyd RB
            5- #140 Green CB
            6- #181 Nourzad C/OG

Comment

• HK55
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Apr 2018
              • Send PM

Chargers brought in another Campbell alum last year. He’s on the Futures Squad.

Comment

• CanadianBoltFan
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jul 2022
                • White Rock, BC Canada
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Chargers8491 View Post

It's Division 1. It's my Alma Matar. It's about 20 min from my house in Buies Creek, NC. Very small college.
                Good for you maybe we will have a Charger from your alma matter! What is the name of the team?

Comment

• Boltinloudguy
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Nov 2021
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Fouts2herbert View Post

woods is definitely on my list of guys who's days are numbered under Harbaugh...the emphasis on minter's defense is tackling, they are not going to keep a guy that doesn't tackle, no matter how high he was drafted by the previous administration...
                  I don’t think that he’s not a willing tackler, he just can’t tackle and takes horrible angles. I’m with you though as his days are probably numbered even though I do think he’s going to be given a chance to compete.

I’m keeping my eye on AJ Finley these OTAs and TC and see if he can continue to improve. I think Dent and Finley could become good depth and ST players for this team moving forward. Let’s see what Coach O’Leary can do with them.

Comment

• ChargersPowderBlue
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Aug 2019
                    • Send PM

what if he beats Bozeman this summer? would that make you feel better then? I mean we'd have a more experienced back up, right?
                    What if he doesn't beat Bozeman? Would than spoil your mood? We all have our preferences. But that's not what determines things. I suppose McFadden will be both guard and center. That's what makes an OL valuable to teams.

Comment

• Bolt-O
                      Administrator
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Chargers8491 View Post

From Wikipedia, Campbell University plays in the Coastal Athletic Association, which is Division I, but in the FCS subdivision, which was previously known as Division I-AA.

Comment

• sonorajim
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jan 2019
                        • Send PM

Hard to say what happened to Woods. He was an OK tackler at Baylor.It's a shame to waste 4,3 speed, led the Big 12 in ints. Definitely more FS than SS.
                        Maybe S coach O'Leary, DB coach Clinksdale can find a job for him. Maybe Hortiz can trade him for a ham sammich.

Comment

• Xenos
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Feb 2019
                          • Send PM

We only have four currently including AJ Finley. So I don’t know if Dent will replace Wood or Finley.

Comment

Working...
                          X