• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • HK55
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Apr 2018
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Xenos View Post

6’3 and 300libs isn’t that big for a Center.
    Corey Linsley, who is still listed on the roster(?) is listed at 6’3” 301. Bozeman who is the presumptive starter is listed at 6’3” 317 If the staff believes McFadden has the skill set to play center, so be it.

Comment

• Xenos
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Feb 2019
      • Send PM

Originally posted by HK55 View Post

Corey Linsley, who is still listed on the roster(?) is listed at 6’3” 301. Bozeman who is the presumptive starter is listed at 6’3” 317 If the staff believes McFadden has the skill set to play center, so be it.
      This was in reference to Bucky Williams when Jack Burton said he was so big.

Comment

• Jack Burton
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Apr 2023
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Xenos View Post

This was in reference to Bucky Williams when Jack Burton said he was so big.
        I was saying the guy from Campbell Tyler McClellan is so big. He’s freaking as big as Alt.

Comment

• HK55
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Apr 2018
          • Send PM

I know it was brought up during Free Agency, but why is Linsey still on the roster. Is there some sort of cap space incentive?

Comment

• Fleet 1
            TPB Founder
            • Jun 2013
            • Kauai
            • Send PM

Jaylen Johnson was on Georgia in 2019 with Bowers, McConkey, Adonai Mitchell, Jermaine Burton and George Pickens. lol

Comment

• Boltjolt
              Dont let the PBs fool ya
              • Jun 2013
              • Henderson, NV
              • Send PM

Originally posted by beachcomber View Post
              RB Miyan Williams & CB Johnny Dixon still unsigned as best as I can tell....
              Miyan likely won't be signed til he is cleared by Drs.

Not sure if you knew this .....He had cartilage replacement surgery in January.
              He may have screwed himself not getting his knee fixed years earlier.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                Dont let the PBs fool ya
                • Jun 2013
                • Henderson, NV
                • Send PM

I know it was brought up during Free Agency, but why is Linsey still on the roster. Is there some sort of cap space incentive?
                I'd guess he can't officially retire til after June 1st is the way his restructure is done and Dave's is cap. Just a guess tho, I really don't.know if that's why.

Comment

• Fouts2herbert
                  Charger Fan since 1978
                  • Sep 2021
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Formula 21 View Post

How about if we trade Slater for 2-#1s and use one of them on a Latham type power RT?

And save a lot of cap space.
                  How much cap space do you want? between all the dead cap that's due to come off the books ~55-60mil once all the dust settles after final cuts and moves when the roster is set at the beginning of this season, PLUS Joey's salary and Macks's salary coming off the books and the Chargers are due to have around 105mil in cap space to start the 2025 offseason AND that's assuming that they decide to keep Derwin James around long term and not move him next offseason...

I knew the Slater bullshit would kick in right away if we drafted Alt, but there is literally no point in resetting at LT financially and as hard as it's been historically to find a really good one, why would we move Slater now, not to mention his trade value would be compromised/limited on account anyone trading for him would have to extend him and that would limit the number of our trade partners depending on their cap health etc...
                  "The author assumes no responsibility or liability for any errors or omissions in the content of this post. The information contained in this post is provided on an "as is" basis with no guarantees of completeness, accuracy, usefulness or timeliness..."​​

Comment

• Fouts2herbert
                    Charger Fan since 1978
                    • Sep 2021
                    • Send PM

it would hurt our cap to cut him before June 1st, just wait another 4 and a 1/2 weeks and he'll be off the roster...
                    "The author assumes no responsibility or liability for any errors or omissions in the content of this post. The information contained in this post is provided on an "as is" basis with no guarantees of completeness, accuracy, usefulness or timeliness..."​​

Comment

• Bolts&noles
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Dec 2019
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt-O View Post
                      I think this is a good pick up,hopefully.
                      Was injured came on late in the season.

Comment

• Fouts2herbert
                        Charger Fan since 1978
                        • Sep 2021
                        • Send PM

I think Joe's plan has worked like a charm, he has answered almost all the questions on this roster, there was just too much do in one single offseason and one single draft...I can honestly look at the roster right now after the draft and after signing all these UDRFAs and say that maybe you add 1-2, maybe 3 low cost veteran free agents in the next couple of weeks to finish filling out the roster for the coming TC...with the cap situation being what it was, they deserve a ton of credit, it could've been so much worse...they weren't bull shitting, this team will be competitive in 2024, it's not a full on rebuild year...

Comment

• Boltnut
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Feb 2019
                          • Send PM

Joe said they weren't done along the OL after drafting Joe Alt @#5.
                          I kept waiting for them to draft an OG or OC... but it never happened.

So, here is a little tape of Karson Barnhart. He looks OG/OT versatile. Guys will have to compete in camp for starting/depth @IOL and Swing-tackle.
                          Join this channel to get access to perks:https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCMfuWgMhocY42JBqAxIDxRw/join

Comment

Working...
                          X