• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Boltnut
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Feb 2019
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Xenos View Post

Yeah I wished they had drafted Nourzad with the Still pick instead, and assuming Still kept falling, used the Rice or Cornelius pick on him. But it is what it is. If they had drafted a WR at 5, then we probably would have double dipped at OL instead.
    Yeah, Tarheeb Still wasn't on my radar at all. Cam Hart seemed like a good value pick @#140. I trust Harbaugh/Minter... so I will wait and see about Still. Maybe he fits in Minter's scheme.

Both Rice and Cornelius were on my radar. The value on Rice @#225 is very good. I'm not sure why he was available there. Rice, Cornelius, and Fehoko will be competing for that #5 WR spot.

I liked Nourzad also. Drake Nugent and Andrew Raym were guys I focussed on in the later rounds. Both went undrafted. Maybe they like McFadden and Jaimes. Maybe they bring in a vet OC FA.

Comment

• Chargers8491
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Apr 2022
      • Send PM

Originally posted by beachcomber View Post

agree, think those two have a decent shot, and.... Zach Heins as well,
      Yea was going to mention him as well.

I missed Harper DB signing. He has a really good chance of making it has well. O'leary was the safeties coach a ND before coming to the Chargers.
      1- #11 Bowers TE 7a- #225 Boyd DT
      2a- #35 Cooper LB 7b- #253 Vidal RB
      2b- #37 Jenkins DT
      3a- #66 Puni OT
      3b- #69 Sainristill CB
      4a- #105 Rice WR
      4b- #110 Lloyd RB
      5- #140 Green CB
      6- #181 Nourzad C/OG

Comment

• Chargers8491
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Apr 2022
        • Send PM

Yeah I wished they had drafted Nourzad with the Still pick instead, and assuming Still kept falling, used the Rice or Cornelius pick on him. But it is what it is. If they had drafted a WR at 5, then we probably would have double dipped at OL instead.
        I liked Nourzad as well but think Still was a really good pick with more research. I really believe he is going to be used like Sainristil was used in Minter's D. He is a really good tackler and is really good in the run defense. The more research I did the more I liked this pick, for whatever it's worth.
        1- #11 Bowers TE 7a- #225 Boyd DT
        2a- #35 Cooper LB 7b- #253 Vidal RB
        2b- #37 Jenkins DT
        3a- #66 Puni OT
        3b- #69 Sainristill CB
        4a- #105 Rice WR
        4b- #110 Lloyd RB
        5- #140 Green CB
        6- #181 Nourzad C/OG

Comment

• WindsorUK
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jul 2013
          • Windsor, U.K.
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Lone Bolt View Post
          Anybody else surprised by just one RB pick, and unless I missed an update, ZERO UDFA RBs?

They must feel REALLY good about Edward's and Dobbin's injury issues...not even bothering with camp fodder...

Dont know whether to be nervous...or very encouraged...
          Maybe they feel the O line is going to be SO good, it wouldn't matter who's running behind them?
          An off the street FA could be just as productive as someone they're paying a higher salary to?
          Just spit balling of course. Maybe they're waiting for a vet camp casualty?
          I'm liking the RB room. If ( and I know a HUGE if!) Gus and Dobbins stay healthy, we're really good.

Comment

• Fouts2herbert
            Charger Fan since 1978
            • Sep 2021
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltnut View Post
            Joe said they weren't done along the OL after drafting Joe Alt @#5.
            I kept waiting for them to draft an OG or OC... but it never happened.

So, here is a little tape of Karson Barnhart. He looks OG/OT versatile. Guys will have to compete in camp for starting/depth @IOL and Swing-tackle.
            Join this channel to get access to perks:https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCMfuWgMhocY42JBqAxIDxRw/join
            after watching that I can't imagine Jaimes making the roster...this guy looks legit, unlike Jaimes he's a fit 300 pounder, Harbaugh knows him, and his versatility alone makes him a keeper...
            "The author assumes no responsibility or liability for any errors or omissions in the content of this post. The information contained in this post is provided on an "as is" basis with no guarantees of completeness, accuracy, usefulness or timeliness..."​​

Comment

• Fouts2herbert
              Charger Fan since 1978
              • Sep 2021
              • Send PM

Nourzad is 25 years old and has had some serious injury concerns, he's insurance for sure but probably too old a prospect for Hortiz and Harbaugh...
              "The author assumes no responsibility or liability for any errors or omissions in the content of this post. The information contained in this post is provided on an "as is" basis with no guarantees of completeness, accuracy, usefulness or timeliness..."​​

Comment

• Fouts2herbert
                Charger Fan since 1978
                • Sep 2021
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Lone Bolt View Post
                Anybody else surprised by just one RB pick, and unless I missed an update, ZERO UDFA RBs?

They must feel REALLY good about Edward's and Dobbin's injury issues...not even bothering with camp fodder...

Dont know whether to be nervous...or very encouraged...
                Perhaps they're not done adding to the RB room? I think right now we have 6 guys Edwards, Dobbins, Dotson, Spiller, Vidal, Patterson, and plus Mason the FB...did I forget anyone? They'll probably only keep 5 including Mason so two of these guys should end up on the practice squad...

Comment

• powderblueboy
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jul 2017
                  • Send PM

Was Norzaud over valued by us? I read that he was a multiple position guy, but with a low ceiling.

It would then make sense for Reid to draft him in the 5th.

BTW, I don't think KC added anyone who will help them much this year. They got a thin waif of a football player at 1 with butter fingers, a project at 2 - I was surprised by the gap between him and the tier 1 tackles.
                  Some good players in the 4rth who will be backups for now.

Comment

• LarryAW
                    Chargers fan since 1970
                    • Sep 2018
                    • Chula Vista, CA
                    • retired paralegal/court reporter
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltnut View Post

Yeah, Tarheeb Still wasn't on my radar at all. Cam Hart seemed like a good value pick @#140. I trust Harbaugh/Minter... so I will wait and see about Still. Maybe he fits in Minter's scheme.

Both Rice and Cornelius were on my radar. The value on Rice @#225 is very good. I'm not sure why he was available there. Rice, Cornelius, and Fehoko will be competing for that #5 WR spot.

I liked Nourzad also. Drake Nugent and Andrew Raym were guys I focussed on in the later rounds. Both went undrafted. Maybe they like McFadden and Jaimes. Maybe they bring in a vet OC FA.
                    Still — Still is a physical cornerback with solid instincts and outside/slot versatility. He lined up in press coverage on 122 of his 289 coverage snaps in 2023, and his career-high five interceptions ranked third among Big Ten cornerbacks. He also showed some tenacity as a run defender, earning an 88.4 run-defense grade.

Blurb from PFF, and he's from big Ten (Harbaugh).

Comment

• Fouts2herbert
                      Charger Fan since 1978
                      • Sep 2021
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by CanadianBoltFan View Post
                      I am very happy with our draft BUT I have to be honest and say I am quite underwhlemed by our UDFA class. I expected a much better crop with the Harbaugh factor.

Admittingly I am not a scout and dont know some hidden gems like Hortiz, Harbaugh and the scouts do but for reference I read PFFs rankings of UDFA. Blake Watson was #1 and Leonard Taylor was #2 and it went from there.

The best PFF ranking of ANY UDFA the Chargers signed was #75 !! That was Karsan Barnhart from Michigan.

I dont see any of these UDFAs making the roster. Maybe Barnahrt for OL depth or Akeem Dent as safety back up over Woods
                      Rankings don't mean much when some of those names were supposed to get picked in day two and then went undrafted...that means that EVERYONE in the NFL that is a professional scout had issue with those players for some reason or another...we don't get to meet these guys in person and interview them and neither do most people that write up those rankings...then there is the medical stuff which we also don't get to see...

Comment

• Fouts2herbert
                        Charger Fan since 1978
                        • Sep 2021
                        • Send PM

I like the Chiefs UDFA signings much better than ours

Fabian Lovett
                        Ethan Driscell
                        Curtis Jacobs
                        Emani Bailey
                        Carson Steele
                        no worries, we'll just sign them to our practice squad after KC cuts them...a lot of these guys are probably signing there due to the "Super Bowl" factor but once it comes down to them having a job or being out of the league they'll go anywhere that they can catch onto on a practice squad....

Comment

• powderblueboy
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Jul 2017
                          • Send PM

I am very happy with our draft BUT I have to be honest and say I am quite underwhlemed by our UDFA class. I expected a much better crop with the Harbaugh factor.

Admittingly I am not a scout and dont know some hidden gems like Hortiz, Harbaugh and the scouts do but for reference I read PFFs rankings of UDFA. Blake Watson was #1 and Leonard Taylor was #2 and it went from there.

The best PFF ranking of ANY UDFA the Chargers signed was #75 !! That was Karsan Barnhart from Michigan.

I dont see any of these UDFAs making the roster. Maybe Barnahrt for OL depth or Akeem Dent as safety back up over Woods
                          One of Telesco and scouting departments strengths was UDFAs. Chargers were probably in the top tier of teams in that over the Telesco years.

It was like being malnourished by the main course, but getting a great desert.

A lot of Telesco bagging, but he was better than we let on ..... just was hamstrung by not knowing how to draft interior players, and getting a collection of bad head coaches
                          so that he had to keep drafting for different preferences every 4 years, with zero positive input by the head coaches.

Comment

Working...
                          X