• Show
Clear All
  • gzubeck
    Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
    • Jan 2019
    • Tucson, AZ
    • Send PM

Originally posted by WindsorUK View Post

No....he's suggesting a surprise cut from ANOTHER team. Perhaps a veteran? To compete against our group of young guys
    Usually when someone gets cut they are expensive plus injury prone. I'm not sure I would bring in someone who has an injury history at this point in time.
    Chiefs won the Superbowl with 10 Rookies....

"Locked, Cocked, and ready to Rock!" Jim Harbaugh

Comment

• WindsorUK
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jul 2013
      • Windsor, U.K.
      • Send PM

Originally posted by gzubeck View Post

Usually when someone gets cut they are expensive plus injury prone. I'm not sure I would bring in someone who has an injury history at this point in time.
      Not sure who that potential CB would be but certainly oft injured and expensive is not attractive.
      Be nice though to find a vet CB( like Gilmore?) who still has a little left in the tank and doesn't come with a hefty price tag.

Comment

• el_jefe999
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jan 2023
        • Send PM

Yeah I definitely meant a cut from another team not ours. Gillmore is probably the best cheap pickup but Xavien Howard is also still out there even though his salary demands will be high. If we get close enough to the season maybe hell take a discount to latch on somewhere. I think those are long odds but hoping Hortiz is watching for more talent at CB that can help out at FS if we need it.

Comment

• Fouts2herbert
          Charger Fan since 1978
          • Sep 2021
          • Send PM

Originally posted by ChargerBooster View Post
          The UDFA that captures my eye as an NFL prospect is Zack Heins, TE. To me his blocking, technique, size and apparent strength scream NFL player.

Back to the previous, ongoing convo’s and comments . . .

Note from ChargerBooster: the QJ detractors, judges-and-juries, while they could prove right, have passed ‘final’ judgement so prematurely it’s pathetic. I get wanting our draftees, especially first round picks to immediately start their journey to enshrinement to Canton, even as often small school competitors and with zip League experience by definition. Too many won’t concede the very real possibility that theirs was a lemming-like rush to judgement. Again, that may well prove to be the case, but for crissakes give a guy time to develop. Consider if you prove to be right, it would mean wasted draft pick, roster spot, etc.
          It’s not even really that when it comes to QJ, these guys wanted the guy that went to Baltimore a pick after, that’s the big issue with QJ, he’s not someone else…if the other guy had been drafted instead of QJ and put up the exact numbers QJ did, there would be loads of posts on here explaining to other forum members the need to be patient, 😂
          "The author assumes no responsibility or liability for any errors or omissions in the content of this post. The information contained in this post is provided on an "as is" basis with no guarantees of completeness, accuracy, usefulness or timeliness..."​​

Comment

• AK47
            Registered Charger Fan
            • May 2019
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Fouts2herbert View Post

QJ is going to pop this year, the kid's a hard worker and he's not happy with how 2023 went down either...
            He went by with mainly pure athleticism at the college level.

As an NFL rookie he really suffered from poor fundamentals. For instance as a WR you really have to disguise you next move whereas QJ telegraphed his next move way too easy for DBs to pick up on. His footwork made him less explosive and slower than he really is. Lots of unnecessary and wasted movement.

That said lets say he improved his fundamentals. The other limitation is change of direction via crisp sharp routes. His 3-cone lateral agility is 7.31. THATS the same as 6-9 322lb Joe Alt!!!! Our staff whom drafted him used him incorrectly. He's a guy you have to use a certain way.

Comment

• Bolt-O
              Administrator
              • Jun 2013
              • Send PM

Not quite a UDFA signing

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                Day Tripper
                • May 2019
                • North of the Lagoon
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Lefty2SLO View Post

Possibly because he had been built up so much during the draft process that reality was in short supply . . . . . . . . and unrealistic expectations abounded
                In a way its normal that fanguys dump really hard on a Rd1 pick that doesn’t show up and light it up. Happens all the time i think. He underwhelmed and underperformed his rookie year. I’d like to see the world give the kid a chance in 2024 for redemption, he’s gonna have to go and get it himself.

I got a hunch the kid has it inside of him. He’s not a punk, not a thug, not a whiny me-baby, he’s a good young man. I’ll try to ignore the carping until the season and then he’ll speak for himself one way or the other.
                “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                  Day Tripper
                  • May 2019
                  • North of the Lagoon
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Fouts2herbert View Post

It’s not even really that when it comes to QJ, these guys wanted the guy that went to Baltimore a pick after, that’s the big issue with QJ, he’s not someone else…if the other guy had been drafted instead of QJ and put up the exact numbers QJ did, there would be loads of posts on here explaining to other forum members the need to be patient, 😂
                  I wanted the guy that went to BAL the next pick. I called for Zay all pre-draft (when I wasn’t fantasizing about Bijon). But it’s not Q’s fault where he was picked or who picked him. He wasn’t’ great, wasn’t a complete bust, overall less than we hoped but its only year 1 and he’s a fine young man as a person.

Comment

• Lefty2SLO
                    Moderate Skeptic
                    • May 2022
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post

In a way its normal that fanguys dump really hard on a Rd1 pick that doesn’t show up and light it up. Happens all the time i think. He underwhelmed and underperformed his rookie year. I’d like to see the world give the kid a chance in 2024 for redemption, he’s gonna have to go and get it himself.

I got a hunch the kid has it inside of him. He’s not a punk, not a thug, not a whiny me-baby, he’s a good young man. I’ll try to ignore the carping until the season and then he’ll speak for himself one way or the other.
                    AGREED . . . . . . . . . .

Comment

• jox g
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Oct 2020
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt-O View Post
                      Not quite a UDFA signing

6'7" 240 Small dude

Comment

• Ghost of Quacksaw
                        Beef Before Gazelles
                        • May 2021
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by jox g View Post

6'7" 240 Small dude
                        I had posed the question a week or so ago about whether J.K. Scott's punting strengths (hang time, essentially) best suit Harbaugh's punting game priorities.

Very curious to see what develops here.

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                          Day Tripper
                          • May 2019
                          • North of the Lagoon
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Ghost of Quacksaw View Post

I had posed the question a week or so ago about whether J.K. Scott's punting strengths (hang time, essentially) best suit Harbaugh's punting game priorities.

Very curious to see what develops here.
                          pfft Harbaugh has a special punter priority over every other coach in the world.

here's my hope for Jim's 2024 punting game strategy: kick that fucking ball further, higher, and longer Scott, or I'll find someone that will!

Comment

Working...
                          X