• Show
Clear All
  • Fleet 1
    TPB Founder
    • Jun 2013
    • Kauai
    • Send PM

2024 Draft Grades For The Chargers

Post them here. I saw a few guys suggest bad grades. Especially the McConkey pick. Just sort of scratching my head on some of the negatives. But totally understand that not everyone agrees on everything all the time. And thats what makes this forum great. Aloha

Only thing im concerned about is that this scouting staff is pretty much the staff TT put in place. So we will find out soon enough if the personnel side of things stays problematic. I happen to think that many of TTs drafts might have faired better under this coaching staff anyways. Not all his picks for sure. But we really struggled to develop the players he drafted.

I was really happy with a lot of our picks as they were guys i identified and liked during the process. The first 3 were outstanding picks. I wanted WR but at least we got one of the best OT prospects to come out in a little while. Our OL should be set for a while now and watching Herbert get hammered over and over was no fun. Cam Hart and Rice were absolute steals. Hart wass a top 75 guy for me. He is a smaller Kyle Hamilton type freak. He may be versatile in this system. Rice i had in the top 20 WRs. He is a late 3rd to 4th round talent all day every day. Now hes pissed and has a huge name to back up.

New UDFA WR Jaylen Johnson was on Georgia in 2019 with Bowers, McConkey, Adonai Mitchell, Jermaine Burton and George Pickens. Maybe he just transferred to the wrong school. Wonder what he looks like with stellar QB play.

I am excited. And i think most overall grades will be solid.

• Xenos
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Feb 2019
    • Send PM

Here’s the overall grade for the entire draft. If anyone has a compilation of draft grades for individual picks like Alt, let me know. There’s this guy who said the majority of pundits gave Alt a B or less grade. And I don’t believe that for a second.

Comment

• Fleet 1
      TPB Founder
      • Jun 2013
      • Kauai
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Xenos View Post
      Here’s the overall grade for the entire draft. If anyone has a compilation of draft grades for individual picks like Alt, let me know. There’s this guy who said the majority of pundits gave Alt a B or less grade. And I don’t believe that for a second.

I think its because so many bye into Greg Cosell and guys like Mike Martz who were critical. But Greg has said he is not an amazing film guy with OL in the past. Thanks for posting this.

I like Alt a ton. I just was blinded by the need at pass catcher. If i was told we would go Nabers and then what was left at OT in the 2nd vs Alt and McConkey? No brainer i take Alt/Ladd. I had a high grade on Ladd.

Comment

• La Costa Boy
        Pretty much retired......
        • Sep 2018
        • JoJa
        • Bloviator of hot air and rhetoric.
        • Send PM

Maske gave out 2 A minus's total. He gave us a B-, I'll take that as a win. Also a win? Joe is in 7th, just months after becoming a GM, with a new staff, etc. Tom, who has been a GM for years comes in with a scorching 24th!!!!

Comment

• Formula 21
          The Future is Now
          • Jun 2013
          • Republic of San Diego
          • Send PM

KC came in one spot ahead of us. That is a great organization. It’s gonna take vision and focus and effort to pass them. I think we have the leaders who can do that.
          Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
          The Wasted Decade is done.
          Build Back Better.

Comment

• Xenos
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Feb 2019
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Formula 21 View Post
            KC came in one spot ahead of us. That is a great organization. It’s gonna take vision and focus and effort to pass them. I think we have the leaders who can do that.
            Two spots unfortunately. But we did better than the Ravens and Rams at least 😁

Comment

• gzubeck
              Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
              • Jan 2019
              • Tucson, AZ
              • Send PM

Two spots unfortunately. But we did better than the Ravens and Rams at least 😁
              Ravens drafted a few players I like...they mostly went defense in their draft. Tez Walker is like Gravvy on their dinner for offense.
              Chiefs won the Superbowl with 10 Rookies....

"Locked, Cocked, and ready to Rock!" Jim Harbaugh

Comment

• Xenos
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Feb 2019
                • Send PM

Comment

• gzubeck
                  Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
                  • Jan 2019
                  • Tucson, AZ
                  • Send PM

Weird way to look at things...this is where metrics have gone astray. A teams perceived benefit for going after "Their Players" vs. draft capital. At the end of the day the detroit lions over spent last season for certain players and this year they were one of the best. I think I'd still rather draft 4 key players who are starters rather than just throwing darts at the board and hoping for the best. This is a stat that has just gone so far that my head hurts but I guess you have to do it and see how it pans out in the long run...
                  Chiefs won the Superbowl with 10 Rookies....

"Locked, Cocked, and ready to Rock!" Jim Harbaugh

Comment

• wu-dai clan
                    Smooth Operation
                    • May 2017
                    • Send PM

Super Bowl.
                    We do not play modern football.

Comment

• La Costa Boy
                      Pretty much retired......
                      • Sep 2018
                      • JoJa
                      • Bloviator of hot air and rhetoric.
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by gzubeck View Post

Weird way to look at things...this is where metrics have gone astray. A teams perceived benefit for going after "Their Players" vs. draft capital. At the end of the day the detroit lions over spent last season for certain players and this year they were one of the best. I think I'd still rather draft 4 key players who are starters rather than just throwing darts at the board and hoping for the best. This is a stat that has just gone so far that my head hurts but I guess you have to do it and see how it pans out in the long run...
                      I did Analytics and forecasting for years. I used to go down some pretty deep rabbit holes, get there and then ask why the hell I was there. It's what we numbers geeks do.

Comment

• Topcat
                        AKA "Pollcat"
                        • Jan 2019
                        • Send PM

SI gives us an "A:"

image.png
                        The 2024 NFL draft is over.  In the coming years, careers will play out. Unheralded names in the moment will become legends, while other players taken early wil

Comment

Working...
                        X