• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Topcat
    AKA "Pollcat"
    • Jan 2019
    • Send PM

Originally posted by La Costa Boy View Post
    The thing I like the most about this draft is that they are not going to take the field with Staley, but Jim FREAKING Harbaugh!!!!!!
    Yep...less is more...less Staley and Moore is more...
    (And more Harbo is a LOT more!!!)

Comment

• Boltinloudguy
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Nov 2021
      • Send PM

Originally posted by gzubeck View Post

Ravens drafted a few players I like...they mostly went defense in their draft. Tez Walker is like Gravvy on their dinner for offense.
      Same! Hopefully Wiggins works out for them. I think Rosengarten is going to be a good future RT and the Tez Walker and Adisa Isaac picks were good value for them. I think Tez Walker can go in and compete for #2 right away.

As far as the Chargers draft, I think by 2025, every single one of these guys will be big contributors on this team. I do think all of them will contribute in some way this year as well.

Comment

• Go Chargers go
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Oct 2023
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Formula 21 View Post
        KC came in one spot ahead of us. That is a great organization. It’s gonna take vision and focus and effort to pass them. I think we have the leaders who can do that.
        Yes, they drafted almost 25 spots back as well as Baltimore received a good a grade as good as chargers…. It all bull piles until these drafted players hit the field and play. What if the FA RB we picked up from Baltimore go into season still injured, what if our top picks don’t start, what if QJ still can’t perform as a first rd pick. What if Bosa can’t get on the field all year.

I love That we got Harbaugh and he will be a great long term solution…. But this year will be the year we find out if the players we kept and brought in want to do everything to grow with this team

Comment

• Go Chargers go
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Oct 2023
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post
          We will see week 1, KC got a better grade 25 spots back

Comment

• Formula 21
            The Future is Now
            • Jun 2013
            • Republic of San Diego
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Go Chargers go View Post

We will see week 1, KC got a better grade 25 spots back
            I just don’t get how someone could give us a day 1 grade of B+. Alt is one of the top rated OTs ever.
            Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
            The Wasted Decade is done.
            Build Back Better.

Comment

• beachcomber
              & ramblin' man
              • Jan 2019
              • Send PM

gonna give Boy Wonderbread a B+ for his first war room roundabout,

as mentioned in another thread, think he hit on 7 of 9 picks, which is pretty much double the avg GM haul of 3.5 outta the usual 7 picks.

and do think he was overshadowed by Big Jim, and maybe even some by young John, as think like Telesco, his personality is deferential by nature ??

his draft looks better than Baltimore's, far as eye can tell, and thought that he was a tad better than either of Denver or KC, which had ok drafts, and....

'tis nice not to be losing ground within our division on draft day, which had been a team Tommy John tradition more oft than not, and....

Mr. Telesco did his usual Louisville slugger imitation, def getting some hits, but prolly @least three significant whiffs w/Laube, Eichenberg and the Glazed Donut

thank you to the Caped Crusaders, and here's to hoping we have a marvelous yield w/this first Batman 'n Robin draft haul.
              5/11 Fuaga, 37 Kamari Lassiter, 40 Sinnott, 67 Bralen Trice, 69 Cedric Gray, 105 Jaylen Wright, 110 Braelon Allen, 140 Joe Milton, 181 Khristian Boyd, Tylan Grable, 225 Daijun Edwards, 253 Miyan Williams

Comment

• beachcomber
                & ramblin' man
                • Jan 2019
                • Send PM

I just don’t get how someone could give us a day 1 grade of B+. Alt is one of the top rated OTs ever.
                guess I failed you F21... gonna give them a B

B for Barely a B grade selection
                B for willing to give them the Benefit of the doubt
                B for Boy Wonder, Boy Howdy, and (John) Boy Spanos (should I be paying more attention to Cam Hart 'n Audric Estime now ?)
                B for Bunt single (and Boog Powe!!
                B for Better than Latham, Fluker or Trevor Penning
                B for Batman and our unspoken head of personnel, and for better or worse
                B for truth be told, I am admittedly a bit Bummed.... I liked Taliese
                B for I Begged for HarBaugh, and now I've got what I've asked for

he's a tourist.... ain't much West Coast to him whatsoever.... he's Midwest Whitebread, and while I like me some pumpernickel and dark rye

don't think Alt is a top five talent, and doubt he's any more than an above avg tackle in the NFL, and doubt he makes a Pro Bowl, let alone All Pro
                think Fautanu will turn out just as good, and like him better coz he is versatile and can apparently play all five positions on the line, and of course, like his intangibles better than Joe's
                and do think Fashanu will eventually end up being a top five tackle, and that Fuaga could well end up being RT1 before too long

not as bad as passing on Lotulelei or Kincaid, but still stings, and of course wonder what the offer was to trade down.... ??

B is for Brilliant in that Alt is legit on the left side, as he has elite lateral agility, and given the amount of time that Rashawn has missed, let alone playing injured.... it's a serious consideration
                B is for Better than drafting any of the ballyhooed pass catchers, as do think our team will be the better by shoring up the right side of our Line there

also want to give props to Nutty 'n Wu who well raised the flag for Alt earlier on, and for Critty who remained the Alt stalwart from day one, and.... know there were prolly others in that camp as well.... good on ya,
                5/11 Fuaga, 37 Kamari Lassiter, 40 Sinnott, 67 Bralen Trice, 69 Cedric Gray, 105 Jaylen Wright, 110 Braelon Allen, 140 Joe Milton, 181 Khristian Boyd, Tylan Grable, 225 Daijun Edwards, 253 Miyan Williams

Comment

• beachcomber
                  & ramblin' man
                  • Jan 2019
                  • Send PM

005) OT Joe Alt * not so sure he isn't leaving the door open to play LT, and which is fine by me if he can play himself into a starting role there, and as long as we pay Rashawn his (LT) monies, am fine having him play on the right side (and since he was raving about McFadden, does he win the job @RG ?)

Malik, Rome, Olumuyiwa, Brock, Fuaga

037) WR Ladd McConkey * we def had a need for slot receiver, and this guy could be more productive than Brock in their rookie seasons, and am guessing this lessens the loss of Keenan for JH

T'Vondre, Braden Fiske, Cooper DeJean, Ga'Quincy, Kamari Lassiter, JPJ, Edgerrin Cooper, Jonathan Brooks, Kris Jenkins, Tyler Nubin, Sainristil, Zach Frazier, Ben Sinnott

069) LB Junior Colson * Navarro apparently is a big fan of Jr. 2.0, and we def have the need for someone to take the lead there w/an unproven Henley, and a sometimes unavailable Perryman

Cooper Beebe, Bralen Trice, Blake Corum, Roman Wilson, Zak Zinter, MarShawn Lloyd, Payton Wilson, Kamren Kinchens, Luke McCaffrey, JaTavion Sanders, Troy Franklin

105) DT Justin Egboigbe * dude was never really on my radar, and seems like he is a bit of an injury concern, and.... dude is a baller and again, a much needed addition to the DL

Cedric Gray, Theo Johnson, Tanor Bortolini, Jaylen Wright, Cade Stover, Bucky Irving, Will Shipley, Ray Davis, Guerendo, TJ Tampa, Jared Wiley, Braelon Allen

137) CB Tarheeb Still * pretty much missed this guy, but apparently Navarro is hellah familiar w/the guy, which bodes well for us, and again a big need in the slot (Jordan Magee)

140) CB Cam Hart * testament to Tarheeb that he went before the better known Golden Domer, and who has the more desirable measurables on some accounts, and again a big need @corner

Sedrick Van Pran Granger, Audric Estime, Jeremiah Trotter, Hunter Nourzad, Christian Jones, Kei!an Robinson

181) RB Kimani Vidal * my apologies to Wu & others here, and.... think this is JH2's first whiff, as would be sleeping soundly if I'm Isaiah.... he's no Daijun Edwards

Malik Washington, Johnny Wilson, Mekhi Wingo, Joe Milton, Tanner McLachlan, Khristian Boyd, Tylan Grable, Beaux Limmer,

225) WR Brenden Rice * can't say I was overly excited 'bout the dude leading up to this, but given the bloodlines and his work w/Caleb, don't think you can fault the value whatsoever

Jaheim Bell, Michael Pratt

253) WR Cornelius Johnson * a blocking wideout, what will Big Jim come up w/next, and.... not bad, two whiffs outta nine.... pretty much double the avg GM haul, which is 3.5 outta the 7 pix

Kalen King, Josh Proctor, Daijun Edwards, Miyan Williams

Comment

• powderblueboy
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jul 2017
                    • Send PM

KC came in one spot ahead of us. That is a great organization. It’s gonna take vision and focus and effort to pass them. I think we have the leaders who can do that.
                    Would you rather have KC's draft haul?

I think they are getting the benefit of the doubt, due to their recent success.

Same thing happened in New England, when Belichick was piling up bad drafts near the end: the Cole Strange draft being the exception.

Comment

• DerwinBosa
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Feb 2022
                      • Send PM

From an article written by The Athletic's Bruce Feldman:

Jim Harbaugh’s first draft with the Chargers looks really good. The coach who had the best O-line in college football the past few years got the best offensive lineman in the draft in Notre Dame’s towering Joe Alt. The 6-foot-9, 321-pound Alt, who won’t turn 22 until after his rookie year, is a former tight end. That kind of athleticism shows up. At the NFL combine, he ran a 7.31-second three-cone drill that was the best among all offensive tackle prospects in Indianapolis.

“He’s as good as I’ve coached against in a long time,” a college defensive coach told me. “He’s athletic. He’s big. He’s strong. He moves his feet real well. He’s never in a bad position and he’s never on the ground. Some of these guys, you can get them moving. This dude always had his pads square and played with low pad level.”

The Chargers then addressed a need at receiver by trading up for Georgia’s Ladd McConkey at No. 34. He’s probably the best route runner in the draft. He’s primarily a slot receiver but is very sudden and fast. He also probably would have put up bigger numbers in college had Georgia not had the great Brock Bowers. The Chargers lost linebackers Eric Kendricks and Kenneth Murray this offseason, so it made sense for Harbaugh to draft Michigan’s Junior Colson, a smart, tough, three-down mike linebacker who can handle running the defense. Notre Dame cornerback Cam Hart is a toolsy player at 6-3, 202 pounds with 33-inch arms and an 11-foot broad jump guy. He represents good value in the fifth round.

A dozen thoughts on how the 2024 NFL Draft unfolded after weeks of phone calls and texts with coaches and scouts.

Comment

• Lone Bolt
                        Oline-Tip of the Spear...
                        • Feb 2019
                        • McLean Illinois
                        • Pipefitter Illinois State University
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by beachcomber View Post
                        005) OT Joe Alt * not so sure he isn't leaving the door open to play LT, and which is fine by me if he can play himself into a starting role there, and as long as we pay Rashawn his (LT) monies, am fine having him play on the right side (and since he was raving about McFadden, does he win the job @RG ?)

Malik, Rome, Olumuyiwa, Brock, Fuaga

037) WR Ladd McConkey * we def had a need for slot receiver, and this guy could be more productive than Brock in their rookie seasons, and am guessing this lessens the loss of Keenan for JH

T'Vondre, Braden Fiske, Cooper DeJean, Ga'Quincy, Kamari Lassiter, JPJ, Edgerrin Cooper, Jonathan Brooks, Kris Jenkins, Tyler Nubin, Sainristil, Zach Frazier, Ben Sinnott

069) LB Junior Colson * Navarro apparently is a big fan of Jr. 2.0, and we def have the need for someone to take the lead there w/an unproven Henley, and a sometimes unavailable Perryman

Cooper Beebe, Bralen Trice, Blake Corum, Roman Wilson, Zak Zinter, MarShawn Lloyd, Payton Wilson, Kamren Kinchens, Luke McCaffrey, JaTavion Sanders, Troy Franklin

105) DT Justin Egboigbe * dude was never really on my radar, and seems like he is a bit of an injury concern, and.... dude is a baller and again, a much needed addition to the DL

Cedric Gray, Theo Johnson, Tanor Bortolini, Jaylen Wright, Cade Stover, Bucky Irving, Will Shipley, Ray Davis, Guerendo, TJ Tampa, Jared Wiley, Braelon Allen

137) CB Tarheeb Still * pretty much missed this guy, but apparently Navarro is hellah familiar w/the guy, which bodes well for us, and again a big need in the slot (Jordan Magee)

140) CB Cam Hart * testament to Tarheeb that he went before the better known Golden Domer, and who has the more desirable measurables on some accounts, and again a big need @corner

Sedrick Van Pran Granger, Audric Estime, Jeremiah Trotter, Hunter Nourzad, Christian Jones, Kei!an Robinson

181) RB Kimani Vidal * my apologies to Wu & others here, and.... think this is JH2's first whiff, as would be sleeping soundly if I'm Isaiah.... he's no Daijun Edwards

Malik Washington, Johnny Wilson, Mekhi Wingo, Joe Milton, Tanner McLachlan, Khristian Boyd, Tylan Grable, Beaux Limmer,

225) WR Brenden Rice * can't say I was overly excited 'bout the dude leading up to this, but given the bloodlines and his work w/Caleb, don't think you can fault the value whatsoever

Jaheim Bell, Michael Pratt

253) WR Cornelius Johnson * a blocking wideout, what will Big Jim come up w/next, and.... not bad, two whiffs outta nine.... pretty much double the avg GM haul, which is 3.5 outta the 7 pix

Kalen King, Josh Proctor, Daijun Edwards, Miyan Williams
                        Vidal vs Edwards....stay tuned...Vidal will win you over...

T. Still played lights out vs Michigan, when the Terps gave them a wakeup call...cant remember if Jim was suspended for that one...but was obviously watching...

Eboigbe is pure football player...all effort, smart play...Ben Herbert puts some explosiveness in his game, we might have something there...

Cornelius Johnson has some good catches...but not many...not his fault...it was the offense...at the very least, his work ethic and character are gonna put pressure on a wr room that is going to be competitive...somebody is gonna hit the practice squad...Rice better come hungry...
                        Adopted Bolt: Kimani Vidal RB

Final prediction: Latham OT, Colson LB, Sainristil CB,Rice WR, Zinter OG, Nourzad OC, MacLachlan TE, Vidal RB, Lovett DT

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                          Day Tripper
                          • May 2019
                          • North of the Lagoon
                          • Send PM

I’m giving a conditional A- currently, which isn’t worth a bucket of spit and nobody cares about besides me.

Unconditioned A-
                          First 3 picks are solid A grade, period, no discussion needed. Elite players at positions of need is an A. Experts can all just shaddup they are butthurt we didn’t draft Nabers, that is no reason to give the best OT in the draft a B or B+ grade, its frankly immature. Just assuming 2 other players from Day 3 can play, thats an A- grade overall. Rice will be one, so odds are high the overall draft is at least A-.

Conditions to get A:
                          1. Egbioge is not an injury casualty early and often. He’s a hella player if he can actually play, if he can’t its a bad pick as there were flashing red warning lights
                          2. Still and Hart are decent CBs at the NFL level - one of them sees significant snaps this year, other ST contributions. I didn’t scout either, not on my radar to get down past the 150’s. Still just a hobby over here
                          3. Vidal can translate his Troy performance against scrubs to NFL Level. I agree with one observer that many of his great runs were against JuCo level of skill at times and I can’t project it very well - he’s got some speed at 4.46

I withhold A+ only due to the last pick of Johnson. 3 WRs in a draft is an over-allocation, I would have used that last pick on a Leonard Taylor or other trench project potential player instead. I look forward to young Cornelius proving me 100% wrong. Retroactive A+ can be awarded in 2 yrs.
                          “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

Working...
                          X