• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Charge!
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Aug 2019
    • Send PM

Originally posted by beachcomber View Post
    005) OT Joe Alt * not so sure he isn't leaving the door open to play LT, and which is fine by me if he can play himself into a starting role there, and as long as we pay Rashawn his (LT) monies, am fine having him play on the right side (and since he was raving about McFadden, does he win the job @RG ?)

Malik, Rome, Olumuyiwa, Brock, Fuaga

037) WR Ladd McConkey * we def had a need for slot receiver, and this guy could be more productive than Brock in their rookie seasons, and am guessing this lessens the loss of Keenan for JH

T'Vondre, Braden Fiske, Cooper DeJean, Ga'Quincy, Kamari Lassiter, JPJ, Edgerrin Cooper, Jonathan Brooks, Kris Jenkins, Tyler Nubin, Sainristil, Zach Frazier, Ben Sinnott

069) LB Junior Colson * Navarro apparently is a big fan of Jr. 2.0, and we def have the need for someone to take the lead there w/an unproven Henley, and a sometimes unavailable Perryman

Cooper Beebe, Bralen Trice, Blake Corum, Roman Wilson, Zak Zinter, MarShawn Lloyd, Payton Wilson, Kamren Kinchens, Luke McCaffrey, JaTavion Sanders, Troy Franklin

105) DT Justin Egboigbe * dude was never really on my radar, and seems like he is a bit of an injury concern, and.... dude is a baller and again, a much needed addition to the DL

Cedric Gray, Theo Johnson, Tanor Bortolini, Jaylen Wright, Cade Stover, Bucky Irving, Will Shipley, Ray Davis, Guerendo, TJ Tampa, Jared Wiley, Braelon Allen

137) CB Tarheeb Still * pretty much missed this guy, but apparently Navarro is hellah familiar w/the guy, which bodes well for us, and again a big need in the slot (Jordan Magee)

140) CB Cam Hart * testament to Tarheeb that he went before the better known Golden Domer, and who has the more desirable measurables on some accounts, and again a big need @corner

Sedrick Van Pran Granger, Audric Estime, Jeremiah Trotter, Hunter Nourzad, Christian Jones, Kei!an Robinson

181) RB Kimani Vidal * my apologies to Wu & others here, and.... think this is JH2's first whiff, as would be sleeping soundly if I'm Isaiah.... he's no Daijun Edwards

Malik Washington, Johnny Wilson, Mekhi Wingo, Joe Milton, Tanner McLachlan, Khristian Boyd, Tylan Grable, Beaux Limmer,

225) WR Brenden Rice * can't say I was overly excited 'bout the dude leading up to this, but given the bloodlines and his work w/Caleb, don't think you can fault the value whatsoever

Jaheim Bell, Michael Pratt

253) WR Cornelius Johnson * a blocking wideout, what will Big Jim come up w/next, and.... not bad, two whiffs outta nine.... pretty much double the avg GM haul, which is 3.5 outta the 7 pix

Kalen King, Josh Proctor, Daijun Edwards, Miyan Williams
    We all would love every one of these players to become solid to great starters or at least key backup/rotational players..... but if we his on 7 of 9 that would be a hell of a great draft ....especially compared to the horrors of the TT regime after the obvious easy first round picks.....

Comment

• Caslon
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Apr 2019
      • Send PM

My draft grade has to be INC (incomplete). Heh.

Comment

• Whydachargers?
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Aug 2023
        • Send PM

My draft grade is if I was any happier I would literally burst!

Comment

• Riverwalk
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Nov 2021
          • Send PM

I recall every Telesco draft was initially given an A by fans.

It looks good on paper but too early to tell.

As far as game changing goes, Alt likely to have biggest impact in turning the run game around and improving pass protection so I’m most curious to see how he develops. This pick could be a cornerstone identity transformation for the offense. It can’t be over stated how important it is.

Colson, the LB, might be the surest bet, as Harbaugh and Minter know exactly what they are getting and he can step in knowing the defense better than our veterans.

As far as the rest go, if we get just one each quality starter from the CB’s, and WR’s picked, the team should improve over last year. If they get more than two quality starters out of those 5 drafted players, then it’s a home run A+ draft.

Comment

• Formula 21
            The Future is Now
            • Jun 2013
            • Republic of San Diego
            • Send PM

Tarheeb has ball skills. I’m hoping he can win the slot job.
            Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
            The Wasted Decade is done.
            Build Back Better.

Comment

• beachcomber
              & ramblin' man
              • Jan 2019
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Formula 21 View Post
              did you catch his QB against rating ?? !!

5/11 Fuaga, 37 Kamari Lassiter, 40 Sinnott, 67 Bralen Trice, 69 Cedric Gray, 105 Jaylen Wright, 110 Braelon Allen, 140 Joe Milton, 181 Khristian Boyd, Tylan Grable, 225 Daijun Edwards, 253 Miyan Williams

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                Day Tripper
                • May 2019
                • North of the Lagoon
                • Send PM

Originally posted by beachcomber View Post

did you catch his QB against rating ?? !!

That sounds low, is that low?
                “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• beachcomber
                  & ramblin' man
                  • Jan 2019
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post

That sounds low, is that low?
                  44.3 Quinyon Mitchell
                  58.6 Terrion Arnold
                  66.4 Kool Aid
                  77.2 Sainristil
                  76.8 Cam Hart
                  79 Tarheeb Still (is what DraftBuzz has him at, and so.... ?) got the 35 from another write up, so can't confirm.... ??
                  5/11 Fuaga, 37 Kamari Lassiter, 40 Sinnott, 67 Bralen Trice, 69 Cedric Gray, 105 Jaylen Wright, 110 Braelon Allen, 140 Joe Milton, 181 Khristian Boyd, Tylan Grable, 225 Daijun Edwards, 253 Miyan Williams

Comment

• Topcat
                    AKA "Pollcat"
                    • Jan 2019
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Formula 21 View Post
                    Tarheeb ranked kind of middle of the pack at 77/100 compared to other CB's...QB rating when targeted is 79...but...his best asset is he's pretty solid in run defense:

image.png

Hart actually ranked higher with overall grade of 82/100. QB rating when targeted is 76.8:

image.png
                    Rating: 83.0 Rank: #24 Forty: 4.50 Cam Hart enters the NFL Draft with a skill set that offers both promise and some areas for improvement. On the upside, his physicality and technique in pre...

Now, a lot of us were pretty high on Mike Sainristil. He's a top-10 CB (#7 overall, just two spots after Kool-Aid). His overall rating is 86/100, and QB rating when targeted is 77. So Tarheeb's QB targeted against is actually a bit better than Sainristil, and Hart is almost the same at 76.8...so I would say we got really good value considering we drafted them in Round 5...

image.png
                    Rating: 86.1 Rank: #8 Forty: 4.47 Mike Sainristil's journey from offense to defense showcases his adaptability and high football IQ, making him an intriguing prospect for NFL teams. His ten...
                    Last edited by Topcat; 04-29-2024, 10:00 PM.

Comment

• Fleet 1
                      TPB Founder
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Kauai
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

Tarheeb ranked kind of middle of the pack at 77/100 compared to other CB's...but...his best asset is he's pretty solid in run defense:

image.png

Hart actually ranked higher with overall grade of 82/100:

image.png
                      https://www.nfldraftbuzz.com/Player/...t-CB-NotreDame
                      I compared him to Shareece Right who was a solid scrappy little run defender.

Comment

• La Costa Boy
                        Pretty much retired......
                        • Sep 2018
                        • JoJa
                        • Bloviator of hot air and rhetoric.
                        • Send PM

We couldn't hold a candle to the run last year. Getting 2 corners above an 80% rank just makes us better. While I was one of those guys that went "WHO" when Still's name was called, I am liking what I read. Turn them both over to good coaching and let's see where the dust settles.

Comment

• La Costa Boy
                          Pretty much retired......
                          • Sep 2018
                          • JoJa
                          • Bloviator of hot air and rhetoric.
                          • Send PM

Per CBS.com

BEST, WORST & MOST INTERESTING.

Some Vidal love here, ranked an "A". Justin gets a "C+" but then they pay him compliments......go figure. McConkey gets an "A" and then they cite past health issues, but you can say that about 100 guys that were picked before and after.

Los Angeles Chargers

Best pick (A): RB Kimani Vidal, Troy (Round 6, Pick 181)

This is a future feature back. Stocky, well-built frame. Between the tackles experience and can blend slashing and multi-cut style together. Elusive, sets up blockers well and has effortless power through contact at times. Not a true burner. (Chris Trapasso)

Worst pick (C+): DL Justin Eboigbe, Alabama (Round 4, Pick 105)

Classic Nick Saban defensive lineman. Two-gapping extraordinaire with thick, powerful frame. Good first-step quickness but won't be a calling card to win as a pass rusher consistently in the NFL. Not a pass-rush move type. Higher floor than upside. Limited role. (Chris Trapasso)

Most interesting pick (A): WR Ladd McConkey, Georgia (Round 2, Pick 34)

After parting ways with Keenan Allen and Mike Williams this offseason, the Chargers were in desperate need of adding to their wide receiver room. That sprung them to trade up on Day 2 to add McConkey. When healthy, he's one of the top receivers in this class and should be a regular target for Justin Herbert. Health was a factor during his days at Georgia, however, which is worth monitoring at the next level.

Comment

Working...
                          X