• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bolt4Knob
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Dec 2019
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

According to my new found ....yet confusing knowledge, he will count 4.2 mil to the cap? I think. Still not sure lol

Not sure what their plan is. I know we have a very young WR room but now ....someone is getting cut. Maybe two. Who will it be? Davis, Rice, CJ? Who else returns kicks on this team if Davis gets the Ax?

Rice has returned a handful KO's at Colorado. Only 1 punt..... Who else?

​​​
    Correctamundo! If he makes all $5m - and as we see with NFL contracts - sometimes the initial numbers are bloated compared to actual - but yes - for your example, since he makes $5m, he will replace somebody making $800k on the top 51 - so for the Chargers - they would lose a net $4.2m of cap space. Good job. So from $30m of cap space down to $25.8m of cap space

As for the WR room -- would they really keep 7 WRs - not sure I see both Rice and Johnson making the roster. But you never know

Matt Money Smith likes it

Comment

• Kellyb72601
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Sep 2019
      • Send PM

Originally posted by charger1993 View Post

this is great im stoker, i wondering whose gonna be the top 3 for wrs, chark ladd, qj at the 3? or ladd at the 3? wonder what the setup is
      Palmer & McConkey mainly with an occasional Davis gadget play and a very occasional (once every ~2 game) deep shot to Chark. Hurst will get quite a few touches too. McConkey will end up being like a #1 receiver and will be used just like he was at Georgia. All the others might as well head to Belize.

Comment

• blueman
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jun 2013
        • Send PM

Compete!

Comment

• Boltx
          Dominate the day
          • Jun 2013
          • Send PM

Originally posted by JOJAX85 View Post

I just don't think they send him to the practice squad. If he doesn't crack the roster, first round pick or not, just move him. I still have high hopes for him, but if he has not significantly improved by the start of the season a change of scenery may be good for him.
          Sorry I meant Cornelius Johnson to PS, not QJ. But I get your point - I could see them trading QJ before the start of the season if they've just given up on him.
          ESPN Screename: GoBolts02

Comment

• JOJAX85
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Sep 2018
            • Irmo, SC
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltx View Post

Sorry I meant Cornelius Johnson to PS, not QJ. But I get your point - I could see them trading QJ before the start of the season if they've just given up on him.
            He was drafted by the old regime so the new brass doesn't really have ties to him. They'll probably ride his ass to push him and test his mettle. If they're not confident in him after that adios.

Comment

• Riverwalk
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Nov 2021
              • Send PM

Fantastic signing. Like me, Harbaugh has no confidence in QJ.

Comment

• Ghost of Quacksaw
                Beef Before Gazelles
                • May 2021
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Xenos View Post
                Not expecting much from Chark but it should hopefully make it a competitive camp that hopefully improves everyone.
                If Herb can make players like Guyton and T.Billy look good, I don't think he'll have any trouble finding Chark.

Chark's a pro, and his presence will set the bar higher for the entire group of receivers.

Comment

• Ghost of Quacksaw
                  Beef Before Gazelles
                  • May 2021
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Lone Bolt View Post

Hot take...Q or Palmer are not on the roster come September....
                  Josh Palmer is entering the final year of his rookie contract (right?) so if some young wideouts excel, the team might move on from Palmer if they can find a trade partner. I don't see Palmer being released, outright.

Comment

• CanadianBoltFan
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jul 2022
                    • White Rock, BC Canada
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Lone Bolt View Post

Nah...Davis a probowl return man...important with new KO rules, one would think...

Still think they dont like somebody in that room...

Hot take...Q or Palmer are not on the roster come September...

Jim and Joe's roster will be deep at OL, TE, and RB...hard to see 6 deep at wr...
                    I think you are over thinking it. This is a smart GM adding sme speed and veteran presence to the WR room. It is not sound planning to go into a season relying on two 7th round picks to play prominent roles while adjusting to the NFL. I liked the CJ pick but it was 4 picks from being a UDFA. He has some size and traits but also a lot to work on, his hands and some very raw route running.

So before signing Chark, lets say in season Pamer and McConkey get hurt, as both often do, and then you have an unproven, so far unreliable QJ, and what???

Comment

• CanadianBoltFan
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jul 2022
                      • White Rock, BC Canada
                      • Send PM

Anyone watch these highlights and tell me Chark is not considerably better than QJ is right now

----------------------------------------­--------------------------📸 Instagram: @SimplyAS10.prod----------------------------------------­-------------------...

Comment

• Lone Bolt
                        Oline-Tip of the Spear...
                        • Feb 2019
                        • McLean Illinois
                        • Pipefitter Illinois State University
                        • Send PM

Maybe...but I think they were going to target Chark, but still drafted those guys...why? We need depth at other positions also...they coulda gone edge or TE...now we are looking at shedding 2 guys probably...

Dont really care...just surprised that many resources have been put into the wr room on a Jim Harbaugh team...but its all good...we'll see what happens...
                        Adopted Bolt: Kimani Vidal RB

Final prediction: Latham OT, Colson LB, Sainristil CB,Rice WR, Zinter OG, Nourzad OC, MacLachlan TE, Vidal RB, Lovett DT

Comment

• CivilBolt
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Nov 2019
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post

I guess they preferred him to Boyd. Added 4 guys to the WR room

Do we have more former Panthers than Ravens at this point. Can't say the Panthers are the roster I'd be looking to pick guys from
                          QJ better improve or he’s warming the bench

Comment

Working...
                          X