• Show
Clear All
  • Topcat
    AKA "Pollcat"
    • Jan 2019
    • Send PM

Originally posted by MasterOfPuppets View Post
    Another Danario Alexander special?
    Ah yes, good old DX...all those injury-plagued years...and THEN...ONE GREAT SEASON with PR slinging him the rock...

Comment

• FoutsFan
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Feb 2019
      • Birmingham AL
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Xenos View Post

Yup. How I feel right now. Hoping for the best for everyone including Chark and QJ.

The thing with QJ is his drops were in worst case scenarios, like that long TD he dropped in GB that would have won the game. Its these types that stick in our mind and amplify the drops, if he dropped a screen on 1st and 10 in the 2nd quarter of a blowout win then no one remembers it. Regardless of percentages it is an issue he needs to work on. That being said you can absolutely not judge a WRT on their rookie year, that is just based on severe mental illness to do that.

Comment

• FoutsFan
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Feb 2019
        • Birmingham AL
        • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post

Shark Alo7 English GIF by ALO7 • Love to Learn
        ... doo doo doo-doo doo-doo ...
        Be careful that song was created by the KGB as a psyop against American parents and/or anyone else unlucky enough to come in hearing range of it.

Comment

• dmac_bolt
          Day Tripper
          • May 2019
          • North of the Lagoon
          • Send PM

Originally posted by FoutsFan View Post

The thing with QJ is his drops were in worst case scenarios, like that long TD he dropped in GB that would have won the game. Its these types that stick in our mind and amplify the drops, if he dropped a screen on 1st and 10 in the 2nd quarter of a blowout win then no one remembers it. Regardless of percentages it is an issue he needs to work on. That being said you can absolutely not judge a WRT on their rookie year, that is just based on severe mental illness to do that.
          Chark had more drops and higher drop rate, than Q. He didn't have a rookie excuse, it was his 6th year. Yet folks since yesterday are cheering Chark as the solution to the Q drop saga. Is this an SNL skit or is it a reboot of the Twilight Zone?

fun facts: Keenan Allen dropped 8 passes in 2021. he dropped 5 last year. 7 in 2019 if you're building out the chart .. he's considered to have great hands, yeah?

Folks talk about the GB drop like it was as easy as setting a muffin in his lap as he sat on the sofa. for fuck's sake already, sure its a catch pros can make but none of them make it every time and it wasnt like a loaf in the breadbasket pass.

I'm not Quitting On Q. And I'm still trying to not be sad too ... not that anyone here cares about me or Q ... sniff ...
          “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• FoutsFan
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Feb 2019
            • Birmingham AL
            • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post

Chark had more drops and higher drop rate, than Q. He didn't have a rookie excuse, it was his 6th year. Yet folks since yesterday are cheering Chark as the solution to the Q drop saga. Is this an SNL skit or is it a reboot of the Twilight Zone?

fun facts: Keenan Allen dropped 8 passes in 2021. he dropped 5 last year. 7 in 2019 if you're building out the chart .. he's considered to have great hands, yeah?

Folks talk about the GB drop like it was as easy as setting a muffin in his lap as he sat on the sofa. for fuck's sake already, sure its a catch pros can make but none of them make it every time and it wasnt like a loaf in the breadbasket pass.

I'm not Quitting On Q. And I'm still trying to not be sad too ... not that anyone here cares about me or Q ... sniff ...
            I am on your side with QJ, I think he will be fine next year. My point is that he had drops that were at bad time so they stuck out in peoples minds more than just a mundane drop, thus making it seem he had more drops than he really did. I like that Chark signing for depth and his speed, he will not be the end all be all but a nice addition.

That being said I do think QJ needs to work on his drops or maybe focus in crucial situations. He cannot afford another drop like the GB one.

Comment

• CanadianBoltFan
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jul 2022
              • White Rock, BC Canada
              • Send PM

I am on your side with QJ, I think he will be fine next year. My point is that he had drops that were at bad time so they stuck out in peoples minds more than just a mundane drop, thus making it seem he had more drops than he really did. I like that Chark signing for depth and his speed, he will not be the end all be all but a nice addition.

That being said I do think QJ needs to work on his drops or maybe focus in crucial situations. He cannot afford another drop like the GB one.
              QJ also has to work on beating press and his route running. Drops weren't the only weakness in his game. He came out of college a bit more of a project than the other 3 WRs drafted in the first round.

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                Day Tripper
                • May 2019
                • North of the Lagoon
                • Send PM

I like the Chark signing too - good addition to the room.

Folks should stop holding a Sword of Damocles over the kid's head about every fucking pass already. Every receiver drops a pass and every receiver needs to work on not dropping the ball. He didn't have the most drops on the team, he didn't have as many as the guy they just signed, enough already on this one kid. Let him play and judge the entirety of his play.

Comment

• Heatmiser
                  BetterToday ThanYesterday
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Send PM

I actually saw QJ open a lot and by a wide margin. I think maybe he lost some confidence in himself and Herbert lost confidence in him a bit and also for whatever reason, Moore did not call plays that really emphasized his strengths (like shallow crossers) or that would have built up his confidence. I am very hopeful he can turn this around.

TG
                  Like, how am I a traitor? Your team are traitors.

Comment

• ChargersPowderBlue
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Aug 2019
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Xenos View Post
                    Here’s what they said after he left the Jags and joined the Lions.

https://www.si.com/nfl/lions/news/wh...in-dj-chark-jr
                    2:30 - 2:48 of the video.

Check out our other channels:NFL Mundo https://www.youtube.com/mundonflNFL Brasil https://www.youtube.com/c/NFLBrasilOficialNFL UK https://www.youtube.com/ch...

That was the closest the Panthers came to scoring in that game. Carolina was held scoreless by the Bucs.

The play with Chark fumbling in the end zone is one of the things the link you shared talked about that was 2 years ago.

Comment

• AK47
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • May 2019
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by CanadianBoltFan View Post

QJ also has to work on beating press and his route running. Drops weren't the only weakness in his game. He came out of college a bit more of a project than the other 3 WRs drafted in the first round.
                      I think we used him incorrectly. I mean in college the kid was explosive in space and churned out big plays. Lets see what year 2 does.

image.png

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                        Day Tripper
                        • May 2019
                        • North of the Lagoon
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Heatmiser View Post
                        I actually saw QJ open a lot and by a wide margin. I think maybe he lost some confidence in himself and Herbert lost confidence in him a bit and also for whatever reason, Moore did not call plays that really emphasized his strengths (like shallow crossers) or that would have built up his confidence. I am very hopeful he can turn this around.

TG
                        they're not gonna make me cry, no way ... sniff ... uh-uh ... sniff ...

Im Not Crying Chris Pratt GIF by Parks and Recreation

Comment

• HK55
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Apr 2018
                          • Send PM

Don’t be sad dmac. When the Chargers clinch a playoff spot, This Year, we can all gather for a group hug. Facts don’t stop the haters, whether QJ or who ever.

A ‘fact’ the board keeps over looking….. As crappy as the Chargers were last year, roster composition, coaching, and injuries, it was a kick to the nuts every game.
                          The team lost 7 games last year by THREE points or less. If healthy, the additions of Harbaugh and company should flip most of those types of games. Plus, think I read we had one of the easier schedules this coming year.

Welcome DJ Chark!

Comment

Working...
                          X