• Show
Clear All
  • dmac_bolt
    Day Tripper
    • May 2019
    • North of the Lagoon
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Lefty2SLO View Post

Who are you and what have you done with dmac?????
    Fuck it …

2024 WR >>> 2023 WR!

Im Back Episode 4 GIF by Friends
    “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• Critty
      Dominate the Day.
      • Mar 2019
      • Send PM

Originally posted by gzubeck View Post

Is there some kind of problem with Palmer? I always thought he was the golden boy of the Chargers? I've never heard anything negative about him until now. Maybe they can't sign him to a fair long term contract so they're parting ways?
      Palmer is a solid player. But the way the team is going to play with a lot of 2 TEs....if the depth drafted and DJ at WR is good enough for Hortiz. Then Palmer is most likely the odd man out. And with QJ, he is talented and not the type of player Hortiz and Harbaugh would doghouse for a subpar rookie year. The guy went 6 for 163 1TD, vs Michigan and beat Jim. They will give him every chance to be WR1. And reports are QJ is working hard to be better this year. If Palmer remains then I think Johnson is cut. But if the QJ is 1 and DJ is 2 and Ladd 3, then Palmer probably get cut/traded. He has to win a top 3 job to not be a cut candidate. Because at 3.1m for WR4 vs Rice and Johnson at like 700k. The numbers say cut/trade Palmer to IMV.
      Who has it better than us?

Comment

• Boltjolt
        Dont let the PBs fool ya
        • Jun 2013
        • Henderson, NV
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Critty View Post

Palmer is a solid player. But the way the team is going to play with a lot of 2 TEs....if the depth drafted and DJ at WR is good enough for Hortiz. Then Palmer is most likely the odd man out. And with QJ, he is talented and not the type of player Hortiz and Harbaugh would doghouse for a subpar rookie year. The guy went 6 for 163 1TD, vs Michigan and beat Jim. They will give him every chance to be WR1. And reports are QJ is working hard to be better this year. If Palmer remains then I think Johnson is cut. But if the QJ is 1 and DJ is 2 and Ladd 3, then Palmer probably get cut/traded. He has to win a top 3 job to not be a cut candidate. Because at 3.1m for WR4 vs Rice and Johnson at like 700k. The numbers say cut/trade Palmer to IMV.
        Wild speculation going on there.

Comment

• blueman
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jun 2013
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

Maybe, but it all sounds reasonable, especially the non-speculative stuff. I would expand that part to include all those guys are gonna need to earn a roster spot. Be interesting to see how it turns out.

Comment

• dmac_bolt
            Day Tripper
            • May 2019
            • North of the Lagoon
            • Send PM

I havent seen a group get this excited about a baby shark since my kids were 7 … I’ll co-sign Jolt, it’s alot of wild unhinged speculation going on. The one thing we know is there are now more WRs than the team can carry on the 53 and someone(s?) will be out in some way. Beyond that nobody knows a thing and it makes me sad to see guys chopping down our players constantly.

Maybe JH2 will grin and suddenly discover that one of the new kids will develop a … cough cough … PUP injury in camp that puts them on IR, gets them paid rookie min pro money, and pushes out the question for a year. Idunno. Lets see all these guys actually run and jump and shit before we start making cuts and trades.

Now, back to our baby shark buzz…

“Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• CanadianBoltFan
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jul 2022
              • White Rock, BC Canada
              • Send PM

yes lol

Not sure I have ever seen a group so certain that 7th round choices who both need a lot of work on route running, will automaically step into the starting line up and cause the team to jettison the best WR on the team right now.

Comment

• Critty
                Dominate the Day.
                • Mar 2019
                • Send PM

That is part of the fun of being a football fan.
                I was guessing Joe Alt at #5. Not wild speculation, But still speculative opinion of draft choice. It all guesswork from a fans perspective.

Now, I am guessing that IF both 7th Rd pick WRs make the 53 roster and they carry 6 WRs. Then who is the odd man out? it would likely be Palmer because of contract being last year and the only 1 of the 7 WRs that save chunk of money. The other 6 save no money. So, for me it's viewing the scenario and taking my best guess. Or as you call it wild speculation.

I won't be surprised if Palmer gets cut/traded.(3.1m)

Allen, Williams and Palmer all gone. Wild Stuff.

Joe Hortiz is putting his money where his mouth is.
                Building the roster from inside out.
                That 3.1m will for Palmer will be used elsewhere.

Comment

• Critty
                  Dominate the Day.
                  • Mar 2019
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by CanadianBoltFan View Post

yes lol

Not sure I have ever seen a group so certain that 7th round choices who both need a lot of work on route running, will automaically step into the starting line up and cause the team to jettison the best WR on the team right now.
                  I didn't put any of 7th Rd picks into starting lineup.
                  They are both backups at end of depth chart if they earn it.

The speculation is that if QJ gets WR1, which I think he will and veteran DJ gets WR2, which I think he will, and Ladd is WR3/Slot. Then you have Palmer WR4 at best in last year of deal. I think Rice earns a spot on 53 roster. So now I have Johnson who is not as good as Palmer. But one cost 750k and the other 3.1m. And again one is last year of deal. So it is not a competition anymore, it is now business and Joe does his job as GM. And cuts/trades that asset to free up 3.1m.

If Palmer is WR1, 2 or 3. Then I already guessed in a previous post that Johnson is the one who gets cut. Which is also speculation, just not consider wild by some fans.

​​​​I typical take a stand on my posts, some don't age well and some do. I'm feeling okay about Palmer as odd man out if Johnson wins a spot on 53 roster. I think you have seen the ceiling for a Josh Palmer.
                  QJ ceiling is much much higher and I think you will see it this year.

Comment

• sonorajim
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jan 2019
                    • Send PM

IMO DD and McConkey are locks, Q and Palmer very probable as the WRs earn a slot. There are a lot of practices ahead. Rookie Mini May 10- 12.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                      Dont let the PBs fool ya
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Henderson, NV
                      • Send PM

That is part of the fun of being a football fan.
                      I was guessing Joe Alt at #5. Not wild speculation, But still speculative opinion of draft choice. It all guesswork from a fans perspective.

Now, I am guessing that IF both 7th Rd pick WRs make the 53 roster and they carry 6 WRs. Then who is the odd man out? it would likely be Palmer because of contract being last year and the only 1 of the 7 WRs that save chunk of money. The other 6 save no money. So, for me it's viewing the scenario and taking my best guess. Or as you call it wild speculation.

I won't be surprised if Palmer gets cut/traded.(3.1m)

Allen, Williams and Palmer all gone. Wild Stuff.

Joe Hortiz is putting his money where his mouth is.
                      Building the roster from inside out.
                      That 3.1m will for Palmer will be used elsewhere.

Samuel (3.3 m) and Fox (2.5m) also save us money if you want to play that game. There is also a comp pick game that Hortiz likes to play unless he can trade them for a pick.

I think its crazy to think they will cut Palmer with what our WR room looks like.
                      Unless they have a specific idea of why they need an extra 3.1 cap savings,....which they can get by cutting Asante as well,....... id say this wont happen. Asante wasnt drafted by them either and he has been up and down. I dont think they will cut him either but we have added 3 CBs this year.

We save 915K by cutting Dotson, 985K by cutting Smartt, 960K by cutting Leonard, and 1 mil from Fehoko....theres your savings ( over 4 mil) while keeping Palmer.
                      Last edited by Boltjolt; 05-05-2024, 10:59 AM.

Comment

• CanadianBoltFan
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jul 2022
                        • White Rock, BC Canada
                        • Send PM

I didn't put any of 7th Rd picks into starting lineup.
                        They are both backups at end of depth chart if they earn it.

The speculation is that if QJ gets WR1, which I think he will and veteran DJ gets WR2, which I think he will, and Ladd is WR3/Slot. Then you have Palmer WR4 at best in last year of deal. I think Rice earns a spot on 53 roster. So now I have Johnson who is not as good as Palmer. But one cost 750k and the other 3.1m. And again one is last year of deal. So it is not a competition anymore, it is now business and Joe does his job as GM. And cuts/trades that asset to free up 3.1m.

If Palmer is WR1, 2 or 3. Then I already guessed in a previous post that Johnson is the one who gets cut. Which is also speculation, just not consider wild by some fans.

​​​I typical take a stand on my posts, some don't age well and some do. I'm feeling okay about Palmer as odd man out if Johnson wins a spot on 53 roster. I think you have seen the ceiling for a Josh Palmer.
                        QJ ceiling is much much higher and I think you will see it this year.
                        Some good thoughts there. Thats the thing, I think it is a competition and we dont really know how it will all play out because no one is so established they are clear cut #1 and #2

The one thing I do think is that Ladd McConkey will lead the team in receptions this year

Comment

• Lefty2SLO
                          Moderate Skeptic
                          • May 2022
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post

Fuck it …

2024 WR >>> 2023 WR!

Im Back Episode 4 GIF by Friends
                          There you go . . . . . . . . . . . . that's the dmac we all know and love - relentless optimism !

Comment

Working...
                          X