• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mercm3
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

Could we IR meachem

Meachem got shook up last night. Since our staff seems to like IR people, could we IR him so we don't take that big cap hit (we going to pay him either way) then use his spot for someone who might be able to really help the WR crew.
  • Fleet
    TPB Founder
    • Jun 2013
    • Cardiff - Poipu
    • Send PM

Top 51 rule.

Comment

• Beerman
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jun 2013
      • Eastlake
      • Send PM

There's no point in IR'ing him unless they have some sort of insurance protection on his contract. I doubt he accepts being placed on IR for a concussion as well. I'm sure he wants to try to latch on with some other team if he's getting cut.

Comment

• mercm3
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jun 2013
        • Send PM

Some reason I was thinking it was better capwise to IR him then straight release him but I didn't know about that top 51 rule.

Comment

• maurile
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jun 2013
          • Send PM

The Top 51 Rule doesn't come into play. Still, there's absolutely no difference for the 2013 cap between cutting him and IRing him. (If they IR him, they could designate him as a post June 1 cut next season, which would help with the 2014 cap.)

If Meachem doesn't go along with being IRed, however, it might be hard for the team docs to establish that his injury is "major" enough to put him on IR. (A "major" injury is one that will keep a player from practicing or playing for at least six weeks.)

Comment

• Yubaking
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jul 2013
            • Send PM

Originally posted by maurile View Post
            The Top 51 Rule doesn't come into play. Still, there's absolutely no difference for the 2013 cap between cutting him and IRing him. (If they IR him, they could designate him as a post June 1 cut next season, which would help with the 2014 cap.)

If Meachem doesn't go along with being IRed, however, it might be hard for the team docs to establish that his injury is "major" enough to put him on IR. (A "major" injury is one that will keep a player from practicing or playing for at least six weeks.)
            If Meachem were to refuse to agree to being placed on IR out of a belief that he would latch on with another team if released, I think the team would be able to argue effectively that Meachem's concussion is extremely serious and therefore "major" because it has caused him to become delusional.

Comment

• QSmokey
              Guardedly Optimistic
              • Jun 2013
              • Kuna, Idaho
              • Retired
              • Send PM

Originally posted by yubaking View Post
              if meachem were to refuse to agree to being placed on ir out of a belief that he would latch on with another team if released, i think the team would be able to argue effectively that meachem's concussion is extremely serious and therefore "major" because it has caused him to become delusional.

Nice.

Comment

• Mister Hoarse
                No Sir, I Dont Like It
                • Jun 2013
                • Section 457
                • Migrant Film Worker
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Yubaking View Post
                If Meachem were to refuse to agree to being placed on IR out of a belief that he would latch on with another team if released, I think the team would be able to argue effectively that Meachem's concussion is extremely serious and therefore "major" because it has caused him to become delusional.
                Hahaha. I would rep this if my phone knew what the hell it was doing.
                Dean Spanos Should Get Ass Cancer Of The Ass!
                sigpic

Comment

• Panama
                  パナマ
                  • Aug 2013
                  • London
                  • Opera singer and web developer.
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Yubaking View Post
                  Good one!
                  Adipose

Comment

• QSmokey
                    Guardedly Optimistic
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Kuna, Idaho
                    • Retired
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by ratenstein
                    Did IR stand for Immediately Release?
                    LOL! Good one.

Comment

• Marshall/Boogie
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by ratenstein
                      Did IR stand for Immediately Release?
                      Nice! I actually did lol
                      Well.. you can at least see the croutons in the dark.

Comment

Working...
                      X