• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Den60
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post
    The only thing Rivers needs to fix is his fumbling. Other than that, he has had a bad OL which contributes to those fumbles. I dont think he needs to be fixed as much as the OL needs to be fixed.

Well, you're half right...

Comment

• homeless simpson
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jun 2013
      • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post
      He went from being surrounded by unbelievable talent to being surrounded by less than average talent. That is his biggest problem.
      unless he has unbelievable talent this season, his biggest problem can't be fixed then.

Comment

• Boltjolt
        Dont let the PBs fool ya
        • Jun 2013
        • Henderson, NV
        • Send PM

Originally posted by homeless simpson View Post
        unless he has unbelievable talent this season, his biggest problem can't be fixed then.
        Sure it can. Norv is gone and his seven step drop ,long developing plays that he kept calling.

Comment

• BlazingBolt
          SLAM DUNK!
          • Jun 2013
          • East County San Diego
          • Bolt fanatic
          • Send PM

A healthy productive Mathews could give us a solid running game and if the pass blocking is improved coupled with more quicker high percentage passes we will have to see if Rivers can adjust. Number one priority is to cut down the turnovers and rely on the running game and take pressure off Rivers. We don't have the players to be primarily a downfield passing team anymore.
          migrated from chargerfans.net then the thenflforum.com then here

Comment

• Gwynning_Spirit
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jul 2013
            • Send PM

Originally posted by KYBoltsFan View Post
            He went from unbelievably good to "just great". His biggest 'problem'? His own success. He'll be fine. Reminds me of when Brees was here and everybody thought he "couldn't throw the ball" but the OL consisted of such stars as Phil Bogle and Kelvin Garmon and his best receiver was Tomlinson (pre-Gates emergence...Josh Norman anyone???). Fix the other stuff...Rivers is miraculously fixed.
            yes, it bogles the mind

Comment

• Den60
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jun 2013
              • Send PM

Originally posted by BlazingBolt View Post
              A healthy productive Mathews could give us a solid running game and if the pass blocking is improved coupled with more quicker high percentage passes we will have to see if Rivers can adjust. Number one priority is to cut down the turnovers and rely on the running game and take pressure off Rivers. We don't have the players to be primarily a downfield passing team anymore.
              A key point. I have him as the single most important player on offense this season. That should give us reason to pause.

Comment

• richpjr
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jun 2013
                • Nashville
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Den60 View Post
                A key point. I have him as the single most important player on offense this season. That should give us reason to pause.
                The only team in the league that has a RB as the single most import player on offense is the Vikings. Every single other team, including the Chargers, has the QB as the most important position.

Comment

• Den60
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Send PM

The only team in the league that has a RB as the single most import player on offense is the Vikings. Every single other team, including the Chargers, has the QB as the most important position.
                  Again, I have him as our most important player on offense. If we can't run the ball we are going to be in big trouble - and the guys behind him on the depth chart are all third down type backs.

Comment

• Stinky Wizzleteats+
                    Grammar Police
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Send PM

My thoughts on Rivers. He has said Bret Favre was his idol at QB. His dad has always encoraged him to have fun playing the game. He has tended to be that Gunslinger in the school yard and in big moments of the game. Marty contoled Rivers better from a standpoint of throwing the ball away and at times taking the ball away from him with the running game.

Norv turned him lose and at first it worked great, but he needs help or he will go Bret Favre at the worst times.

By help I mean disaplin and a running game to better set him up for success and an oline that can keep him clean and upright with room to step into his passes.
                    Go Rivers!

Comment

• Beerman
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Eastlake
                      • Send PM

I agree on the importance of Matthews. If we can't run the ball effectively, we're boned.

Comment

• oneinchpunch
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Send PM

Give him a good OL and he'll be fine.

So maybe next year
                        Hashtag thepowderblues

Comment

• richpjr
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Nashville
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Beerman View Post
                          I agree on the importance of Matthews. If we can't run the ball effectively, we're boned.
                          I didn't say having Mathews run like he did in the preseason wouldn't help us out a lot, but c'min - you think CBJ and Mathews would give us a better chance of winning than Rivers and Fozzy? Not even close in my book.

Comment

Working...
                          X