• Show
Clear All
  • WindsorUK
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jul 2013
    • Windsor, U.K.
    • Send PM

Originally posted by BlazingBolt View Post

One of the most successful in Franchise history....one losing season....ONE!
    Didn't make a good coach, though, Bolt.
    He inherited the best team in the NFL, with the most talented roster in the NFL. 14 wins, with Marty, to 11, to 8, Then an outlier at 13, then back to .500 football over his last 3 seasons.
    And that division title with 8 wins? More of a failure for others than a success for us.

Comment

• BlazingBolt
      SLAM DUNK!
      • Jun 2013
      • East County San Diego
      • Bolt fanatic
      • Send PM

The best team in the NFL with the most talented roster LOL...what a freaking joke. We were a good team ok I get it. Just because you are a good team one year doesn't mean you will be a good team the next year. This is a year to year league. We got better under Norv, won tougher games, got mentally tougher, won in the playoffs.

It is harder to coach why you have expectations then when you don't.

yeah he won...but the team was good so it doesn't count?

Your ridiculous expectations cause you to dismiss one of the most successful periods of this franchise as underachievement. I actually enjoyed 3 straight division titles under Norv and did the guy ever lose to the Raiders?

AJ's drafts got worse over time and so did the team. You still never saw this team collapse the way it did under McCoy or even Marty. Marty got us the number 1 pick.
      Last edited by BlazingBolt; 05-23-2017, 05:18 PM.
      migrated from chargerfans.net then the thenflforum.com then here

Comment

• Chargerville
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Sep 2013
        • Send PM

The Norv Turner Chargers (unlike the Marty and McCoy Chargers) never faced a season where two other AFC West teams (besides the Chargers) had winning records.

The Norv Turner Chargers never even made the playoffs in a season where one other AFC West team in the division finished the season with a winning record.

From 2007-2011, outside of the Chargers, only the 2010 Chiefs finished a season with a winning record, and twice during that same span, the division was won by a team with an 8-8 record.

Norv may have won playoff games and Marty didn't, but even Norv's Chargers got bounced by two of the same teams that beat Marty's Chargers (Pats and Jets)

I believe the Chargers just matched up with the Titans and Colts ... but would have probably been bounced (like the Marty Chargers) in the first round If they would of had to play the Pats/Jets/Steelers right off the bat. That's just my opinion though.

In 2009, the Chargers went 13-4 (including the playoffs) .... their losses were, Pats, Steelers, Jets, Ravens, and they didn't even face the Colts.
        Last edited by Chargerville; 05-24-2017, 09:12 PM.

Comment

• Fleet
          TPB Founder
          • Jun 2013
          • Cardiff - Poipu
          • Send PM

Lynns most recent presser he basically says BO and MG are fighting for the starting gig and both are neck and neck. lol

Comment

• Chargerville
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Sep 2013
            • Send PM

I like BO and all, but how can those two be neck to neck. MG needs to start lol

Comment

• Fleet
              TPB Founder
              • Jun 2013
              • Cardiff - Poipu
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Fleet View Post
              Lynns most recent presser he basically says BO and MG are fighting for the starting gig and both are neck and neck. lol
              Absolutely. Thats why i was surprised he said it. How could it be close when they dont even have pads on. Has to be some other motive. Like creating a fire in MG maybe. No clue. It was strange to hear.

Comment

• BlazingBolt
                SLAM DUNK!
                • Jun 2013
                • East County San Diego
                • Bolt fanatic
                • Send PM

Coach says Mike Williams is falling behind missing time due to his back.....is it a good thing calling out his player?
                migrated from chargerfans.net then the thenflforum.com then here

Comment

• Steve
                  Administrator
                  • Jun 2013
                  • South Carolina
                  • Meteorologist
                  • Send PM

I think it is more a backlash to all the complaints about minor injuries that McCoy would minimize, then the guy misses a ton of time.

besides, no need to rush. We are deep enough at wr, no need to rush.

Comment

• therber219
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Apr 2017
                    • Iowa
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Heatmiser View Post

Good points. But the other consideration is leadership. Teams need some older vets on each unit (and ST often gets overlooked) to set the tone, get the young guys to buy in and make the commitment, and lead. The fact that Stuckey has been considered a top STer in this league for years carries weight with the young guys. They will listen to him when the coaches are not around.

TG
                    if is leadership is that good, don't you think the unit might have been better? When a unit ranks dead last, maybe a change in leadership is needed...

Comment

• Formula 21
                      The Future is Now
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Republic of San Diego
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by therber219 View Post

if is leadership is that good, don't you think the unit might have been better? When a unit ranks dead last, maybe a change in leadership is needed...
                      Yeah, a change in leadership at the top. As in a HC that demands performance.
                      Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
                      The Wasted Decade is done.
                      Build Back Better.

Comment

• Stinky Wizzleteats+
                        Grammar Police
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Fleet View Post
                        Oh wow our smilies are a mess. lol
                        :que:
                        Go Rivers!

Comment

• Rugger05
                          Administrator
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Send PM

I am not a huge fan of this site, but this writer hits on some points I agree with. Wasn't happy with the hire at first, but I wasn't happy with anything Chargers related when he was hire. It's still very early, but he seems like the complete opposite of Mikey. So far I am happy with the things that have been done

Los Angeles Chargers: the Anthony Lynn Effect

Vision. Plan. Clarity. Big picture. As Chargersseeenjoying believe Vision

Williams

And from his general manager, Tom Telesco, during a pre-draft interview for the team website:

Communication

nd

Here is another quote from the same press conference, when he was asked about Mike Williams

Poise

Presence

Humility

Humility was probably the first trait Anthony Lynn demonstrated upon agreeing to become the Chargers head coach. It seems like it happened ages ago, but you may remember his introductory press conference at the StubHub Center when he opened with this gem:

​​​​​​​
                          Vision. Plan. Clarity. Big picture. As Chargers fans, these are not words we’re accustomed to hearing associated with our favorite team. Let’s face it, the Spanos family has run their multi-billion...

Comment

Working...
                          X