• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bolt-O
    Administrator
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

Weddle recruiting former fans

Eric Weddle, who has helped recruit two free agents to Baltimore, appears to be turning supporters of his former team -- San Diego -- into Ravens fans.

Baltimore Ravens general manager Ozzie Newsome bestowed a big compliment to safety Eric Weddle during the introductory news conference for running back Danny Woodhead and safety Tony Jefferson.

"If [Alabama coach] Nick Saban had Eric Weddle recruiting for him, he would not only have the best recruiting class, but I think he would have the best recruiting class next year, also," Newsome said.

Weddle's persuasive powers have been on display this offseason. Woodhead and Jefferson, the Ravens' first free-agent signings of the year, were lured to Baltimore with the help of Weddle.

So, who is Weddle's next target? It appears to be his former team's fan base.

The Chargers moved to Los Angeles this year, and two fan favorites from that team (Weddle and Woodhead) have signed with the Ravens. Perhaps San Diego football fans' allegiances will bolt cross country as well.

One of Weddle's first converts seems to be Eric Stangel, the executive producer of "The Harry Connick Jr. Show" who was the longtime head writer for the "Late Show with David Letterman."

Stangel replied to a Weddle tweet featuring the Pro Bowl safety and Woodhead by saying he was thinking of becoming a Ravens fan. He used the hashtag "Chargers East."

Just 11 minutes later, Weddle responded: "It should already be done buddy. Let's gooooooo."

Weddle's chances of enticing more Chargers fans are pretty high, if you consider his recent track record. After helping Baltimore land Woodhead and Jefferson, he had both of them working out in the Ravens' weight room between signing their contracts and speaking at a news conference.

"So, they are a little buffed up right now," coach John Harbaugh said. "Thank you, Eric, for that."
  • Lightningwill_420

Originally posted by Bolt-O View Post
    http://www.espn.com/blog/baltimore-r...-chargers-fans

Baltimore Ravens general manager Ozzie Newsome bestowed a big compliment to safety Eric Weddle during the introductory news conference for running back Danny Woodhead and safety Tony Jefferson.

"If [Alabama coach] Nick Saban had Eric Weddle recruiting for him, he would not only have the best recruiting class, but I think he would have the best recruiting class next year, also," Newsome said.

Weddle's persuasive powers have been on display this offseason. Woodhead and Jefferson, the Ravens' first free-agent signings of the year, were lured to Baltimore with the help of Weddle.

So, who is Weddle's next target? It appears to be his former team's fan base.

The Chargers moved to Los Angeles this year, and two fan favorites from that team (Weddle and Woodhead) have signed with the Ravens. Perhaps San Diego football fans' allegiances will bolt cross country as well.

One of Weddle's first converts seems to be Eric Stangel, the executive producer of "The Harry Connick Jr. Show" who was the longtime head writer for the "Late Show with David Letterman."

Stangel replied to a Weddle tweet featuring the Pro Bowl safety and Woodhead by saying he was thinking of becoming a Ravens fan. He used the hashtag "Chargers East."

Just 11 minutes later, Weddle responded: "It should already be done buddy. Let's gooooooo."

Weddle's chances of enticing more Chargers fans are pretty high, if you consider his recent track record. After helping Baltimore land Woodhead and Jefferson, he had both of them working out in the Ravens' weight room between signing their contracts and speaking at a news conference.

"So, they are a little buffed up right now," coach John Harbaugh said. "Thank you, Eric, for that."
    I have no trouble rooting for Weddle. I still cannot believe I had to defend him two years ago against Spanos fans.
    However, the Ravens are demons who killed the Browns - I would only root for them if they played the Spanoses.

Comment

• Wheels
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jun 2013
      • San Diego
      • Send PM

Still love Weddle. But I just can't get behind another team. My heart isn't in it anymore. But my Sundays are way more productive, and fun (if I go surf).

Comment

• Savage Lizard
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jun 2013
        • Big Bear
        • Self-employed property manager.
        • Send PM

I will just be a fan of players around the league that I like, or that I have on my fantasy teams. I will also root for teams who will win me money in wagers or pools. I can still enjoy the NFL and football without having a team. And I will root like a motherfucker for whoever is playing against Dean Spanos's team, fuck that fucking fuck.

Comment

• Lightningwill_420

Weddle is pissed about Dunlap release.
          Former Chargers safety Eric Weddle was not shy to speak up about the team's recent release of tackle King Dunlap and he took to his Twitter to vent.

Comment

• chargerkdb
            Charger Fan
            • Jun 2013
            • Hotter than hell, Georgia
            • Send PM

Dude is coming across like a big baby. Reinforces my opinion of him when he threw a hissy fit at the end of his time as a bolt. Suck it up buttercup.

Comment

• richpjr
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jun 2013
              • Nashville
              • Send PM

Originally posted by chargerkdb View Post
              Dude is coming across like a big baby. Reinforces my opinion of him when he threw a hissy fit at the end of his time as a bolt. Suck it up buttercup.
              ^This. Used to be a huge Weddle fan. But now he is just a whining, butt hurt ex-Charger who I don't care about.

Comment

• Bolt-O
                Administrator
                • Jun 2013
                • Send PM

I really didn't want this tread in the main area...

Comment

• boldarblood
                  Charger Fan
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Send PM

Weddle is a salty whining bitch. Has been for last 2-3 years, guy can go shove it. Stopped playing hard and quit on his teammates. Defend him all you want, but he gave up on fans and his teammates. I used to think he was a high character guy.

Comment

• Fleet
                    TPB Founder
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Cardiff - Poipu
                    • Send PM

I really didn't want this tread in the main area...
                    I did.

Comment

• Bolt-O
                      Administrator
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Fleet View Post
                      I did.
                      Ha. I thought it to be a little inflammatory for here, as Weddle is the ultimate hater.

Comment

• Fleet
                        TPB Founder
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Cardiff - Poipu
                        • Send PM

Ha. I thought it to be a little inflammatory for here, as Weddle is the ultimate hater.
                        My vision for the 2 forums is not to separate positive and negative discussions. Its to divide the haters from the supporters. I simply wanted to give those who will not support the team a place to hate on the team so we could at the very least stay together as a community. Im not trying to create some sort of soft enviroment here in the main forum where its all puppies and rainbows. lol

Comment

Working...
                        X