• Show
Clear All
  • Beerman
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jun 2013
    • Eastlake
    • Send PM

Originally posted by sandiego17 View Post
    Not sure what your seeing. He was due 12mm in 13, which is guaranteed. Now he gets 12mm, also guaranteed. Instead of a 12mm guaranteed salary, it's a 7mm guaranteed salary and a 5mm guaranteed bonus. Guarantees are the same, money is the same, structure is the only difference.

If he doesn't play a snap in 14, he doesn't get 3.3mm, how do you come up with that?
    No they aren't. I don't understand how this is hard to grasp. Rivers had ZERO guaranteed cash in 2014. ZERO. He could have been cut with no dead space by the team. It was a get out of jail free card. Now he has a guaranteed 3.33 million over the next 2 years.

Comment

• Beerman
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jun 2013
      • Eastlake
      • Send PM

Not sure what your seeing. He was due 12mm in 13, which is guaranteed. Now he gets 12mm, also guaranteed. Instead of a 12mm guaranteed salary, it's a 7mm guaranteed salary and a 5mm guaranteed bonus. Guarantees are the same, money is the same, structure is the only difference.

If he doesn't play a snap in 14, he doesn't get 3.3mm, how do you come up with that?
      You aren't taking into account his bonus money from this season, which is $6,776,666

Comment

• richpjr
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jun 2013
        • Nashville
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Beerman View Post
        No they aren't. I don't understand how this is hard to grasp. Rivers had ZERO guaranteed cash in 2014. ZERO. He could have been cut with no dead space by the team. It was a get out of jail free card. Now he has a guaranteed 3.33 million over the next 2 years.
        I don't think this is correct. Rivers has no change to the next 2 years of his contract. But by reducing his salary by $5 million and giving it to him as a bonus this year, the salary cap number for that $5 million is split up over the next 3 seasons.

Comment

• Stinky Wizzleteats+
          Grammar Police
          • Jun 2013
          • Send PM

That 3.3 is dead money to us if Rivers is cut after this season.
          Go Rivers!

Comment

• Beerman
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jun 2013
            • Eastlake
            • Send PM

I give up.

Comment

• Beerman
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jun 2013
              • Eastlake
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Stinky Wizzleteats+ View Post
              That 3.3 is dead money to us if Rivers is cut after this season.
              Yup, not sure how that is a hard concept to grasp.

Comment

• sandiego17
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jun 2013
                • Send PM

Yup, not sure how that is a hard concept to grasp.
                So please explain how rivers benefits? You don't seem to understand this restructure. I'm the one who points out the 3.3mm is dead money if cut, you seem to think it helps rivers if he's cut, which is ridiculous. You're wrong here.
                Last edited by sandiego17; 09-07-2013, 03:42 PM.

Comment

• Beerman
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Eastlake
                  • Send PM

So please explain how rivers benefits? You don't seem to understand this restructure. I'm the one who points out the 3.3mm is dead money if cut, you seem to think it helps rivers if he's cut, which is ridiculous. You're wrong here.
                  Who said I think it helps Rivers if he's cut? It gives him a balloon payment of 5 Million that he can invest earlier than usual. Guarantee's an extra 3.3 million that he didn't have otherwise.

Comment

• sandiego17
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Send PM

Simple concept really the only money rivers was guaranteed if he didn't restructure, 12mm. Agreed? The only money rivers is guaranteed after restructure, 12mm. No benefit. If this isn't true, explain how please.

Comment

• Buck
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Send PM

LOL, does anyone seriously think Rivers will be cut after this season?

Comment

• sandiego17
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Send PM

Who said I think it helps Rivers if he's cut? It gives him a balloon payment of 5 Million that he can invest earlier than usual. Guarantee's an extra 3.3 million that he didn't have otherwise.
                        Yes, balloon payment(unless he deferred it). It doesn't guarantee an extra 3.3, that's wrong, and that's the issue here. The 3.3 only matters in how it's accounted for, basically accrual basis vs. cash basis on the NFL books.

Comment

• oneinchpunch
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Send PM

Like I said, the team could decide to cut ties with Rivers after this season and he just got more cash out of them that he would not get otherwise.
                          Not true. If he's cut after this season he makes the same amount of money as he did before the restructure.
                          Hashtag thepowderblues

Comment

Working...
                          X