Clear All
  • captaind
    Cook This Pork Chops
    • Jun 2013
    • Mars
    • Ball Holder
    • Send PM

Paperless Tickets

Just had my first experience with this last Thursday night at a concert. From the little I've researched, the Bucs are doing it, but sounds like it's optional for now. In the case of the concert I went to, I didn't have a choice. When I purchased them from Ticketmaster, it stated that the whole reason was to cut down on scalping. Or is the ulterior motive to put their competitors out of business?

Thinking about the repercussions from an NFL standpoint, I'd never be able to attend a game if every franchise enacted such a policy. They scanned my credit card at the door and then handed me the tickets from a mobile handheld printer. I don't know how you get around that unless you send a prepaid Visa card along with the tickets if you sold them. And even then it wouldn't have your name on the card.

Thought I'd throw this out for discussion and feedback. On the surface I think this would hurt the NFL. Where is this going and what would be the ramifications of NFL-wide paperless ticket sales if every franchise made it mandatory?
    fender57
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

Why wouldn't you be unable to attend with this policy? You buy the ticket online and they scan a credit card or smartphone, right?

Comment

• captaind
      Cook This Pork Chops
      • Jun 2013
      • Mars
      • Ball Holder
      • Send PM

I've always bought tickets on other sites like Ebay.

Comment

fender57
        • Jun 2013
        • Send PM

Oh, I see. Not sure how bad it would hurt the NFL though, it cuts out the middleman but the demand remains the same.

Comment

• Bolt-O
          Administrator
          • Jun 2013
          • Send PM

All the tickets have unique barcodes, but they also allow transfers by the season ticket holder via Ticketmaster. I guess you can attempt to restrict trade by the bulk buyers, but that doesn't make a lot of sense either as they have the same opportunity to buy tickets in the first place. However, the teams are looking to maximize revenue, but they risk killing the golden goose if they make it harder to enjoy the game in person.

Comment

• Formula 21
            The Future is Now
            • Jun 2013
            • Republic of San Diego
            • Send PM

Who wants to buy a ticket that the owner can print a lot of and sell. I agree that it is meant to cut down on reselling tickets.
            Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
            The Wasted Decade is done.
            Build Back Better.

Comment

• Boltergeist
              Pesky apparition
              • Jun 2013
              • Baja Oklahoma
              • Send PM

You can't wipe your ass with paperless season tickets.

Comment

• Mister Hoarse
                No Sir, I Dont Like It
                • Jun 2013
                • Section 457
                • Migrant Film Worker
                • Send PM

I don't even buy tix for a show if the only option is paperless. I shelled out hundreds for 4 tix to Atoms For Peace at the Santa Barbara bowl and 3 of my friends made the 2 & a half hour drive from LA. I got called to work that day and sent a 4th person to the show in my place. Everyone met up at the venue, and the box office refused to allow entry because I wasn't there to get the tickets. Even though I offered my credit card # I used to make the purchase, and my personal info.
                I felt like I got scammed, and my friends all wasted a day off.
                Complete bullshit, this GOING GREEN crap. Our studios now only allow hybrid vehicles on the lot, and people are being run over while attempting to work because they can't hear them approaching. they banned bottled water on the lots, yet use far more plastic cups in the proccess. It complete and utter Hoarseshit they way this garbage is being implemented.
                Where's the end of rant smiley?
                Dean Spanos Should Get Ass Cancer Of The Ass!
                sigpic

Comment

• captaind
                  Cook This Pork Chops
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Mars
                  • Ball Holder
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Mister Hoarse View Post
                  I don't even buy tix for a show if the only option is paperless. I shelled out hundreds for 4 tix to Atoms For Peace at the Santa Barbara bowl and 3 of my friends made the 2 & a half hour drive from LA. I got called to work that day and sent a 4th person to the show in my place. Everyone met up at the venue, and the box office refused to allow entry because I wasn't there to get the tickets. Even though I offered my credit card # I used to make the purchase, and my personal info.
                  I felt like I got scammed, and my friends all wasted a day off.
                  That's one of my many concerns right there.

Comment

Working...
                  X