• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • homeless simpson
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Beerman View Post
    So anyone want to tell me where this short quick passing game is at? Don't think we threw a single slant all night. Not a single WR screen. Not many quick outs, etc. Did we even have a 3 step drop? More of the same bullshit.
    Along with the run to Fluker's side, we're saving it for when the games will actually matter

Comment

• ArtistFormerlyKnownAsBKR
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jun 2013
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Beerman View Post
      So anyone want to tell me where this short quick passing game is at? Don't think we threw a single slant all night. Not a single WR screen. Not many quick outs, etc. Did we even have a 3 step drop? More of the same bullshit.
      There were a couple to Royal IIRC and the ones to Woodhead and Mathews were short-ish. But I agree, I expected to see more of that.

I also expected to see more of that bunch set we saw late. Seems like that is a great way to get Green more involved (and that needs to be happening quick).

I guess I sort of wonder if they went long because it was there for them? That's sort of the thing with Rivers. Once he hits a few, it seemed like Norv really fell in love with it and I kind of feel like that happened a little last night. You get greedy. I just think once you build up those leads like that, you have to try to play a little keep away and give the D some time. Some might call it "turtling up" and I guess it is, but that Rivers pick 6 is always out there somewhere. And once you get one of those, things start going downhill. I think with this team right now, you've at least got to try to Martyball it a bit.

I hated writing that.

Comment

• homeless simpson
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jun 2013
        • Send PM

the running plays were not all that creative either.

Comment

• TABF
          Por debajo del promedio
          • Jun 2013
          • SoCal
          • Send PM

Originally posted by homeless simpson View Post
          the running plays were not all that creative either.
          We chose not to run behind Fluker for the most part... Not sure if we were running oppo a particular D look or for some reason we were pot commited to running to the left side.

Comment

• Beerman
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jun 2013
            • Eastlake
            • Send PM

Originally posted by TBF View Post
            We chose not to run behind Fluker for the most part... Not sure if we were running oppo a particular D look or for some reason we were pot commited to running to the left side.
            The only reasoning I can think of is that Smith wasn't playing. The big issue though is that Dunlap can't run block to save his life and it opens up the backside to allow Watt to wreck havoc coming down the line.

Comment

Working...
            X