• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • TTK
    EX-Charger Fan
    • Jun 2013
    • America's Finest City
    • Send PM

Pagano has done some good things with crap players but overall I think he's very overrated.

Comment

• QSmokey
      Guardedly Optimistic
      • Jun 2013
      • Kuna, Idaho
      • Retired
      • Send PM

Originally posted by TTK View Post
      Pagano has done some good things with crap players but overall I think he's very overrated.
      If the team performs as I expect, Pagano's head might be one the rolls during the season. Especially if we're winless at the BYE.

Comment

• SDFan
        Woober Goober
        • Jun 2013
        • Dolores, CO
        • Retired
        • Send PM

Originally posted by QSmokey View Post
        If the team performs as I expect, Pagano's head might be one the rolls during the season. Especially if we're winless at the BYE.
        LOL. With a brand new GM & HC and staff- they're going to axe the DC 1/2 way into their 1st season together? No way.
        Life is too short to drink cheap beer :beer:

Comment

• QSmokey
          Guardedly Optimistic
          • Jun 2013
          • Kuna, Idaho
          • Retired
          • Send PM

Originally posted by SDfan View Post
          LOL. With a brand new GM & HC and staff- they're going to axe the DC 1/2 way into their 1st season together? No way.
          Why not? Somone's head has to roll if we're stinking up the joint, no? It's not like it's unprecedented over the past few seasons around here. And what does the fact that the GM and HC are new have to do with it? Pagano isn't. There was even some talk that he might not have been brought back when McCoy was hired.

Comment

• BoltBalls
            Always keep eye contact!
            • Jun 2013
            • SD!
            • Send PM

I agree that it could be possible to fire the DC if we have 0 wins at the bye especially since Pagano is a returning coach in the regime change. Defense or lack of it will certainly contribute to more losses...

I'm still holding out hope!

Comment

• SDFan
              Woober Goober
              • Jun 2013
              • Dolores, CO
              • Retired
              • Send PM

Originally posted by QSmokey View Post
              Why not? Somone's head has to roll if we're stinking up the joint, no? It's not like it's unprecedented over the past few seasons around here. And what does the fact that the GM and HC are new have to do with it? Pagano isn't. There was even some talk that he might not have been brought back when McCoy was hired.

Continuity. The heads already rolled in the offseason and if they wanted Pagano gone that would have been the time. This year he has new starting CBs and SS and ILB/OLB and lost Ingram and Te'O and has a paper thin DL with a new starting NT and 2 rookie backups added off waivers. I don't see them pinning all their problems on his coaching with that do-over on defense this year and making a hasty mid-season change. And then who would you replace him with that would take the challenge mid-season if Pagano couldn't make it work?
              Life is too short to drink cheap beer :beer:

Comment

• QSmokey
                Guardedly Optimistic
                • Jun 2013
                • Kuna, Idaho
                • Retired
                • Send PM

Originally posted by SDfan View Post
                Continuity. The heads already rolled in the offseason and if they wanted Pagano gone that would have been the time. This year he has new starting CBs and SS and ILB/OLB and lost Ingram and Te'O and has a paper thin DL with a new starting NT and 2 rookie backups added off waivers. I don't see them pinning all their problems on his coaching with that do-over on defense this year and making a hasty mid-season change. And then who would you replace him with that would take the challenge mid-season if Pagano couldn't make it work?
                If the team is winless at the BYE, it wouldn't matter.

Comment

Working...
                X