• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • onelazyfock
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

4 Carries after being up 28-7

Really. Were we phoning Norv for the play calls? Same crap. We have a good defense pound the fucking football. WTF. Was Matthews hurt? How many 3rd and 2's are we gonna pull Matthews and lineup in shotgun. Fuck this shit. Fire Mccoy.
  • Boltx
    Dominate the day
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

Honestly I think a lot of it was the Texans just controlling the clock and not letting us get into any rhythm. But I agree, the running game seemed to vanish there in the 2nd half. Why can't we give Mathews the ball 25 times once and see what happens? Last night was perfect for that up 28-7.
    ESPN Screename: GoBolts02

Comment

• onelazyfock
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jun 2013
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltx View Post
      Honestly I think a lot of it was the Texans just controlling the clock and not letting us get into any rhythm. But I agree, the running game seemed to vanish there in the 2nd half. Why can't we give Mathews the ball 25 times once and see what happens? Last night was perfect for that up 28-7.
      The whole game there was absolutely no running game constantly pulling Matthews for scrubs like Brown. 3rd and goal from the 5 with 30 secons left and 3 timeouts. Pound the fucking rock down their throat. Instead incomplete,incomplete, penalty, barely a pylon TD. When was the last time you saw the Chargers run 3 running plays in a row. Fuck Mccoy.

Comment

• QSmokey
        Guardedly Optimistic
        • Jun 2013
        • Kuna, Idaho
        • Retired
        • Send PM

September 10, 2013: The first call for McCoy's head. That's gotta be a record.

Comment

fender57
          • Jun 2013
          • Send PM

Originally posted by QSmokey View Post
          Still not beaten by calling for TT's head after the second round pick of the draft.

Comment

• QSmokey
            Guardedly Optimistic
            • Jun 2013
            • Kuna, Idaho
            • Retired
            • Send PM

Originally posted by 6025 View Post
            Still not beaten by calling for TT's head after the second round pick of the draft.
            You are correct! But, I thought it was the Allen pick, which was in the 3rd round.

Comment

• OhioBolt
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jun 2013
              • Send PM

Originally posted by onelazyfock View Post
              Really. Were we phoning Norv for the play calls? Same crap. We have a good defense pound the fucking football. WTF. Was Matthews hurt? How many 3rd and 2's are we gonna pull Matthews and lineup in shotgun. Fuck this shit. Fire Mccoy.
              Even worse we didn't run to the strong side with Fluker simply stupid. Fluker is a road grader and Matthews has good acceleration to the hole. Doesn't make sense!

Comment

• Vermstyr
                ACEofSPADES11
                • Jun 2013
                • Mass
                • Send PM

After the second Eddie Royal TD, the ball should have been run the first 3 downs on the next drive. There were 4 total running plays in the 2nd half last night and I was too tired to remember things very well, but I don't think that happened because then there'd be more than 4 total runs I think.

Even if Mathews is tired (an issue I brought up earlier about his conditioning being the leading factor for his preseason fumble) that is EXACTLY why you pay the backups on the team. Woodhead is as versatile as they get, but I don't remember seeing him used well in the 2nd half. Brown had over 5 yards per carry for the game, so clearly he was somewhat effective.

It is just like watching Sproles up the middle: not properly utilizing the talent you have to win the game.

EDIT: The drive after being being 28-14:
                (4:45) (Shotgun) 17-P.Rivers pass incomplete deep left to 85-A.Gates (38-D.Manning).
                2-10-SD 38 (4:39) 24-R.Mathews left guard to SD 39 for 1 yard (38-D.Manning).
                3-9-SD 39 (3:56) (Shotgun) 17-P.Rivers pass incomplete deep middle to 11-E.Royal (31-S.Keo).

You are telling me that up by 2 scores with 5 minutes left in the 3rd Quarter that 2 deep passes are the answer to sealing a win? Yeah, right.
                Last edited by Vermstyr; 09-10-2013, 01:35 PM.

Comment

• Beerman
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Eastlake
                  • Send PM

I'm still baffled why they didn't run to the right most of the night. They had one 7 yard run when they ran right with Rinehart pulling. Then they never did it again. It's just simply stupid to keep running left and trying to exploit Smith not being there, when your run blocking to the left side is so shit. It also lets Watt just slice through the line when he doesn't need to worry about keeping contain to his side. I'd also much rather be going right at Watt and making him exert more energy trying to push back, vs pursuing the play. Just stupid.

4 fucking running plays...

Comment

• Beerman
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Eastlake
                    • Send PM

ChargersRHenne: Most of you wanted me to ask about the running game. Coach said ups and downs. Need better backside blocking to lead to bigger gains.

Bullshit.

Comment

• BoltBalls
                      Always keep eye contact!
                      • Jun 2013
                      • SD!
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Vermstyr View Post
                      After the second Eddie Royal TD, the ball should have been run the first 3 downs on the next drive. There were 4 total running plays in the 2nd half last night and I was too tired to remember things very well, but I don't think that happened because then there'd be more than 4 total runs I think.

Even if Mathews is tired (an issue I brought up earlier about his conditioning being the leading factor for his preseason fumble) that is EXACTLY why you pay the backups on the team. Woodhead is as versatile as they get, but I don't remember seeing him used well in the 2nd half. Brown had over 5 yards per carry for the game, so clearly he was somewhat effective.

It is just like watching Sproles up the middle: not properly utilizing the talent you have to win the game.

EDIT: The drive after being being 28-14:
                      (4:45) (Shotgun) 17-P.Rivers pass incomplete deep left to 85-A.Gates (38-D.Manning).
                      2-10-SD 38 (4:39) 24-R.Mathews left guard to SD 39 for 1 yard (38-D.Manning).
                      3-9-SD 39 (3:56) (Shotgun) 17-P.Rivers pass incomplete deep middle to 11-E.Royal (31-S.Keo).

You are telling me that up by 2 scores with 5 minutes left in the 3rd Quarter that 2 deep passes are the answer to sealing a win? Yeah, right.
                      To be fair, if Gates caught that perfectly thrown ball that hit his hands in stride there most likely would have been a lot more running and clock grinding after that 1st down. Those two drops by him and Royal were back breakers. Not all the choking was on Rivers, it appears to be contagious.

Comment

• thelightningwill
                        Go Aztecs and Pads
                        • Jul 2013
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by QSmokey View Post
                        Nope. We were calling for the firing of Norv when we first heard he was being considered as our coach.

Comment

Working...
                        X