• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Boltx
    Dominate the day
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

A tale of two halves

First half I thought we saw exactly what we were hoping for with McCoy - innovative offense, quick hitters, up-tempo, exploiting mistmaches, good balance of run/pass. Defensively we were getting pushed around but making the key stops when we needed to.

Second half...I'm not sure what happened. The Texans controlled the ball for so much that I don't think the offense got much into a groove at all. We did seem to get away from the running game. Couldn't stop 3rd and longs.....again. Stupid penalty on Cam (didn't agree with it). Special teams fooled on fake punt. Defense gassed. Bad tackling. Rivers' turnover late in the game to seal our fate, etc. The OL I actually thought played better than expected, but still overmatched for the most part but at least they didn't completely crumble. It looked so much like the latter Norv years that it was really disappointing.

I can deal with losing, especially this year, but let's try to get away from these type of losses.

Going forward I think there's still a lot to build off of. We saw what McCoy is capable of. I think we have decent weapons on offense. Defense is young, needs time. Rivers needs to be smarter. We'll get there.
    ESPN Screename: GoBolts02
Working...
X