What did you think of McCoy's "uptempo" offense?

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • TTK
    EX-Charger Fan
    • Jun 2013
    • America's Finest City
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Heatmiser View Post
    I live in the eastern time zone, so I went to bed right after the Chargers scored to open the second half. I Dvr'd the game and watched the 3rd quarter last night. Wasn't going to after knowing the outcome and reading all the reactions here, but I did. I don't blame Rivers, at least not in the 3rd quarter. I saw some excellent throws that receivers (Gates, Royal in particular) did not make plays on. Perhaps the 4th quarter is where Rivers looked so sucky?

And I can't help it, but some of you sound like little kids. This is the first game. First game. There are 15 more to play, at least. As Chargers fans, one thing we should all be able to agree with by now is that the team (especially the Chargers) that we see in the first game often does not resemble the team that we see throughout the rest of the season. I didn't expect a lot this season, and I didn't expect a lot against the Texans who are a far, far superior team to this year's Chargers. What I saw from the Chargers:

- A team that did not look lost
    - A team that gave a lot of effort
    - A team that was outmanned at points
    - A team that did not commit numerous stupid, sloppy penalties
    - A team that tightened up and played sound ST
    - A team that had only one turnover, albeit a costly one, but one on a great play by the defense
    - A team that started fast and kept trying to play aggressively (but that failed in second half). I agree with KYBolt on that one. And I don't think McCoy is going to turtle up on anyone
    - A coaching staff that developed a good gameplan
    - A team that did not execute the gameplan at times, but not for lack of effort
    - A team that had to rely on rookies and coached them up enough and schemed enough to allow them to play fairly well

I am disappointed my favorite team lost, but I am always disappointed at losing. But I am not ready to fire McCoy, Paganon, Telesco, Rivers because they did not win the first game of the season.

TG
    You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Heatmiser again.

Comment

• oneinchpunch
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jun 2013
      • Send PM

Doesnt matter if you meep your foot on the gas when driving a pinto
      Hashtag thepowderblues

Comment

• Stinky Wizzleteats+
        Grammar Police
        • Jun 2013
        • Send PM

And sexting...
        Go Rivers!

Comment

• Stinky Wizzleteats+
          Grammar Police
          • Jun 2013
          • Send PM

If you drive that pinto in reverse down a oneway street, everyone gets out of your way!
          Go Rivers!

Comment

• QSmokey
            Guardedly Optimistic
            • Jun 2013
            • Kuna, Idaho
            • Retired
            • Send PM

Originally posted by SDfan View Post
            you sound like a whiney little kid who didn't get what he wanted for XMAS.
            No need for that. Just expressing my opinion. As you know, my expectations have been pretty low all along, so the OUTCOME of this game doesn't surprise me at all (i.e. a loss). It was just that much more difficult to watch in the manner that we lost. A 28-17 loss in which we played, overall, decently, would have been a much better outcome, at least IMO. I've also seen a lot of spin going on here since Monday.
            Last edited by QSmokey; 09-12-2013, 12:08 PM.

Comment

• Zot
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jun 2013
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Heatmiser View Post
              I live in the eastern time zone, so I went to bed right after the Chargers scored to open the second half. I Dvr'd the game and watched the 3rd quarter last night. Wasn't going to after knowing the outcome and reading all the reactions here, but I did. I don't blame Rivers, at least not in the 3rd quarter. I saw some excellent throws that receivers (Gates, Royal in particular) did not make plays on. Perhaps the 4th quarter is where Rivers looked so sucky?

And I can't help it, but some of you sound like little kids. This is the first game. First game. There are 15 more to play, at least. As Chargers fans, one thing we should all be able to agree with by now is that the team (especially the Chargers) that we see in the first game often does not resemble the team that we see throughout the rest of the season. I didn't expect a lot this season, and I didn't expect a lot against the Texans who are a far, far superior team to this year's Chargers. What I saw from the Chargers:

- A team that did not look lost
              - A team that gave a lot of effort
              - A team that was outmanned at points
              - A team that did not commit numerous stupid, sloppy penalties
              - A team that tightened up and played sound ST
              - A team that had only one turnover, albeit a costly one, but one on a great play by the defense
              - A team that started fast and kept trying to play aggressively (but that failed in second half). I agree with KYBolt on that one. And I don't think McCoy is going to turtle up on anyone
              - A coaching staff that developed a good gameplan
              - A team that did not execute the gameplan at times, but not for lack of effort
              - A team that had to rely on rookies and coached them up enough and schemed enough to allow them to play fairly well

I am disappointed my favorite team lost, but I am always disappointed at losing. But I am not ready to fire McCoy, Paganon, Telesco, Rivers because they did not win the first game of the season.

TG
              REP!!

...and for the record, you should never be allowed to go to bed during a game again. You go to bed and that's when things went south. Don't do it, stay up and play out the string. lol

Comment

• Mister Hoarse
                No Sir, I Dont Like It
                • Jun 2013
                • Section 457
                • Migrant Film Worker
                • Send PM

Originally posted by ArtistFormerlyKnownAsBKR View Post
                McCoy is a liar and the season is lost.
                You weren't there for his job interview...
                Dean Spanos Should Get Ass Cancer Of The Ass!
                sigpic

Comment

• Mister Hoarse
                  No Sir, I Dont Like It
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Section 457
                  • Migrant Film Worker
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by MakoShark View Post
                  We did snap the ball a lot with 10 seconds or so on the play clock. That never happened under NOrv.
                  Sure the extra time helped Houston.
                  sigpic

Comment

• ArtistFormerlyKnownAsBKR
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by oneinchpunch View Post

Deep

Comment

• Mister Hoarse
                      No Sir, I Dont Like It
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Section 457
                      • Migrant Film Worker
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by oneinchpunch View Post
                      Meep meep!
                      sigpic

Comment

• ArtistFormerlyKnownAsBKR
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by QSmokey View Post
                        No need for that. Just expressing my opinion. As you know, my expectations have been pretty low all along, so the OUTCOME of this game doesn't surprise me at all (i.e. a loss). It was just that much more difficult to watch in the manner that we lost. A 28-17 loss in which we played, overall, decently, would have been a much better outcome, at least IMO. I've also seen a lot of spin going on here since Monday.
                        What's the spin? It was a horrible loss. But I expected a blowout. That might have felt emotionally "better" somehow than losing in a manner reminiscent of the Norv era, but the fact is that the team played well enough to get up 28-7 on a good team. If you can't see any positives in that and just want to wallow in the collapse, that's your prerogative. But don't call it spin because no one here is saying that this team is anything other than what it is or that the loss was anything other than what it was. Dare to have perspective.

Comment

• Mister Hoarse
                          No Sir, I Dont Like It
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Section 457
                          • Migrant Film Worker
                          • Send PM

New Sugar Free Sugar Huddle Lite!

Now with less plays
                          sigpic

Comment

Working...
                          X