• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • sandiego17
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

Originally posted by ArtistFormerlyKnownAsBKR View Post
    Very pleased to see us rebound like this.
    That was huge. Personally, was as concerned about that as anything Philly could bring. Good work by McCoy and the team leaders.

Comment

• Mister Hoarse
      No Sir, I Dont Like It
      • Jun 2013
      • Section 457
      • Migrant Film Worker
      • Send PM

Early game logo:

Time to get on with this lifes
      Dean Spanos Should Get Ass Cancer Of The Ass!
      sigpic

Comment

• WindsorUK
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jul 2013
        • Windsor, U.K.
        • Send PM

We've now played 8 quarters, 7 of those looking like a solid football team.
        That didn't happen very often last year.
        This could be fun.
        Go Bolts!

Comment

• Buck
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jun 2013
          • Send PM

All hail Boltx!

Comment

• Buck
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jun 2013
            • Send PM

I'm really happy we recovered that holy roller.

Comment

• cyberbolt
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jun 2013
              • Send PM

Originally posted by OCBolt View Post
              Does anybody understand Chip Kelly's clock strategy at the end? It was nice to see the other coach being dumb about time outs. (at least it did not appear to give the eagles any advantage)
              The only explanation is that he wanted more time to score after we scored. Still dumb.

Comment

• oneinchpunch
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jun 2013
                • Send PM

Originally posted by cyberbolt View Post
                The only explanation is that he wanted more time to score after we scored. Still dumb.
                It was stupid. He gave the Chargers 3 more yards. And ran the clock on himself
                Hashtag thepowderblues

Comment

• Beerman
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Eastlake
                  • Send PM

DAButler56: Wondering where @michaelirvin88 bold prediction went...great win for the Chargers! Many more to come! #OneCharge #Believe #BoltUp

Comment

• zoom
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by oneinchpunch View Post
                    It was stupid. He gave the Chargers 3 more yards. And ran the clock on himself
                    not necessarily. if he wouldn't have called the TO's, the chargers would have ran the clock down to a few seconds and stopped it for the FG. Either we win or the game goes to OT. By stopping the clock, he was hoping to get one shot (if Novak missed). There were 9 seconds (i think) when we snapped the ball for the FG. If Novak missed, you run the hail mary and hope for PI or a TD.

The three yards were pretty insignificant in the long run. Now if the Chargers had gained another 10 or 15 yards, that would be a different story and i would disagree with Kelly's approach. But, i guess he was willing to take that gamble in order to try and get one last shot.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                      Dont let the PBs fool ya
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Henderson, NV
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by zoom View Post
                      not necessarily. if he wouldn't have called the TO's, the chargers would have ran the clock down to a few seconds and stopped it for the FG. Either we win or the game goes to OT. By stopping the clock, he was hoping to get one shot (if Novak missed). There were 9 seconds (i think) when we snapped the ball for the FG. If Novak missed, you run the hail mary and hope for PI or a TD.

The three yards were pretty insignificant in the long run. Now if the Chargers had gained another 10 or 15 yards, that would be a different story and i would disagree with Kelly's approach. But, i guess he was willing to take that gamble in order to try and get one last shot.
                      It wasnt 4th down so if we miss, we can kick it again so i dont know what Kelly was thinking. He was calling TO when it was first down, lol.

Comment

• oneinchpunch
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by zoom View Post

SD had one timeout left with :17 seconds left on the clock after a run play and a 49 yard FG.

The shot of OT is better than the shot at a hail mary(which they didn't do by the way). All he did was give them a closer shot
                        Hashtag thepowderblues

Comment

• zoom
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by oneinchpunch View Post
                          SD had one timeout left with :17 seconds left on the clock after a run play and a 49 yard FG.

The shot of OT is better than the shot at a hail mary(which they didn't do by the way). All he did was give them a closer shot
                          i can go back and look, but i think SD could have ran the clock down to 2 or 3 seconds and then kicked. i think Kelly was stopping the clock, in hopes that if Novak missed, he could throw a deep ball (before the end of the game). They didn't throw the hail mary because we made it. Had Novak missed they had 5 seconds (approx) to run one play.

Comment

Working...
                          X