• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Buck
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

Line moved to -3. People are betting on us.

Comment

• Beerman
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jun 2013
      • Eastlake
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Buck View Post
      Line moved to -3. People are betting on us.
      That number should keep dropping.

Comment

• Den60
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jun 2013
        • Send PM

Floyd out. Questions about Butler having an "undisclosed injury" too.

Comment

• Mister Hoarse
          No Sir, I Dont Like It
          • Jun 2013
          • Section 457
          • Migrant Film Worker
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Den60 View Post
          Floyd out. Questions about Butler having an "undisclosed injury" too.
          Phew! Good thing we didn't singe him longterm.
          Dean Spanos Should Get Ass Cancer Of The Ass!
          sigpic

Comment

• Beerman
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jun 2013
            • Eastlake
            • Send PM

Comment

• MakoShark
              Disgruntled
              • Jun 2013
              • North Alabama
              • Send PM

Bravo! Rep!
              sigpic

Comment

• thelightningwill
                Go Aztecs and Pads
                • Jul 2013
                • Send PM

Originally posted by coachmarkos View Post
                Gregg Williams.

They really play good defense. (or at least have so far).

Their offense is not nearly as potent as Houston's or Philly's so I expect the defense to look better.

O-Line will be the key this week (again). Being able to run, and protect Rivers will be of utmost importance. If we can score 20+, we've got an excellent shot.
                You're right. The game hasn't changed that much. It's still generally won at the line of scrimmage.

Comment

• Yubaking
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jul 2013
                  • Send PM

There are some interesting matchups. We are dead last in passing yards allowed and they are dead last in passing yards. They run the ball a lot, but only average 3.1 yards per carry. They surrender 4.7 yards per carry, which is 28th in the league. They defend the pass pretty well--11th in the league through two games and are ranked 12th overall in total defense. We are ranked 7th overall in total offense.

If we could get up by a couple of scores, it seems like they might struggle to catch up, but I have no idea which team will win the Battle of the Worsts (their anemic passing attack versus our anemic pass defense).

Comment

• Beerman
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Eastlake
                    • Send PM

Kenny BrittVerified account
                    ‏@KennyBritt_18
                    Looks like the Titans pullin that Jared Cook card .. Looking like this the last year ill be sayin #TitanUp .. So lets make it a Great year

Comment

• Heatmiser
                      BetterToday ThanYesterday
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Send PM

Shonn Greene will be out against the Bolts. And his replacement as the rotational back with Chris Johson? Jackie Battle!

TG

Greene was injured during the Titans' opener, a 16-9 road win Sept. 8 against the Pittsburgh Steelers. He'd carried four times for 18 yards.

The Titans' third back, Jackie Battle, worked in Greene's place from there against the Steelers, and again in Sunday's overtime loss to the Houston Texans.

The Titans signed Greene to a three-year, $10 million deal in March as a short-yardage, change-up back to speedster Chris Johnson.

Though he's averaged only 2.4 yards a carry, Battle converted a fourth down against Pittsburgh and scored the Titans' only touchdown. He failed to convert a fourth down in Houston. He beat out Jalen Parmele in training camp for the third running back spot.

The Titans play their home opener against the San Diego Chargers (1-1) on Sunday, then have home games against the New York Jets and Kansas City Chiefs after that.
                      Like, how am I a traitor? Your team are traitors.

Comment

• Yubaking
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jul 2013
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by MakoShark View Post
                        Titans have never beat the Chargers, but the Texans hadn't either until week 1. Road game in central time zone. Titans with the typical home spread. I would have lost my bets the first two weeks, I picked our opponents to cover. This week I'll take the Bolts and points.
                        I hope that between your post and what is about to follow that we haven't provided the kiss of death to our team, but I think that we are better than the Titans. They are dead last in passing yardage and only average something 3.1 YPC. I think our offense can score against their defense, but the one thing concerns me is that they are in the top 10 in sacks, so our OL may get tested. Based upon how good the offense was last week, I think we will win the game outright and that would make us 2-1 when I thought that we would be 0-3 after 3 games, which is great news.

Comment

• Stinky Wizzleteats+
                          Grammar Police
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Send PM

NFL Team Report - Tennessee Titans - STRATEGY AND PERSONNEL

PLAYER NOTES

--RB Chris Johnson has had 25 carries in each of the first two games, putting him on pace for 400 carries this season. He had 70 yards in the opener at Pittsburgh and 96 Sunday at Houston.

--QB Jake Locker has been inconsistent, and NFL analyst Trent Dilfer of ESPN said the Titans rushed him into the starting role before he was ready.

"Everybody knew he had a ton of talent. He's a great kid, he's tough, he's a leader. He's everything you want, but he hasn't yet had enough of the craftsmanship work. He hasn't gone to the lab and done the lonely work. Not that he hasn't wanted to, but he's always been thrown into the fire and asked to play because of his talent," Dilfer said.

--RB Jackie Battle's role will continue as Chris Johnson's backup over the next week or two as Shonn Greene is out with a knee injury.

--WR Kenny Britt tweeted out that he believed 2013 would be his last year as a Titan. Britt was unhappy in response to a story that questioned his effort on blocking and route-running.

"I disagreed with what they were saying about benching me during the game, and it kind of frustrated me a little bit. So I went out of my way and tweeted something," Britt said. "I'm over it. I've been over it since I tweeted it and I took it to the next level. But I'm here today, and I'm working hard. Today is another day."

INJURY IMPACT

--RB Shonn Greene had his injured right knee scoped on Monday night and will miss a couple of weeks or so while recuperating.

--LB Zaviar Gooden practiced all week last week and should be ready to play and make his NFL debut this Sunday. The rookie suffered a high ankle sprain in training camp.

--DT Sammie Hill was out of Wednesday's practice after suffering an ankle injury Sunday. He is day-to-day as the ankle is still sore.

--WR Damian Williams sat out last week with a hamstring injury, but should be back and playing this week.

--T David Stewart was given Wednesday off to rest his sore left calf. He has practiced only sparingly this season.

--WR Kendall Wright had a headache on Wednesday after he took a shot from Texans CB Kareem Jackson Sunday. Jackson was fined $42,000 for the hit to the head.

--LB Zach Brown was ill on Wednesday and missed practice.

GAME PLAN: Tennessee has shown that it wants to run the football and run it often. The Titans have given Chris Johnson 25 carries in each of the first two games, and they likely will continue to do so if they can get away with it.

The Titans hope to run the ball effectively enough to keep quarterback Jake Locker in manageable down-and-distances when he has to take to the air. The Chargers have given up some points, despite being 1-1 and in both their games. If Locker can hit on a couple of passes downfield, it should open things up for Johnson against San Diego's defense.

Defensively, the Titans will be facing Philip Rivers, who has had their number over the years. But Tennessee's defense is plenty aggressive and will try to harass Rivers into mistakes if at all possible.

MATCHUPS TO WATCH: Titans T Michael Roos vs Chargers OLB Dwight Freeney. These two know each other well, since Freeney used to be with the Colts and faced the Titans twice a year. Roos is a tactician and will match against Freeney, who now rushes from a two-point stance rather than his hand on the ground as he did for all but his final season in Indianapolis.

Titans CB Jason McCourty vs. Chargers WR Eddie Royal. Royal has been rejuvenated since signing with the Chargers and getting on the same page as Philip Rivers. With Malcolm Floyd out, Royal's role increases, meaning the McCourty (and Alterraun Verner on the other side) will have a challenge on their hands in the Titans' press man coverage
                          Go Rivers!

Comment

Working...
                          X