• Show
Clear All
  • Beerman
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jun 2013
    • Eastlake
    • Send PM

Mike McCoy

Here's part of his post game speech. Solid. Figure our coach probably deserves his own thread on the new board.

I was a bit skeptical following the first game, but his offense is starting to evolve.
  • Geezbolt
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jun 2013
    • Sun Valley, ID
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Beerman View Post
    http://www.chargers.com/news/article...a-a34baf81116f

Here's part of his post game speech. Solid. Figure our coach probably deserves his own thread on the new board.

I was a bit skeptical following the first game, but his offense is starting to evolve.
    I liked it. If the team keeps buying into his game plans they will have some success. I know I have more confidence in the coaching staff than I've had in a few years and I'm not nearly as concerned about the Bolts being out-coached as I once was. Sure it will happen some, but that's part of the game. They won't turn it all around overnight, but they're headed in the right direction. BTW, what's with Deano's hair in that video????? :chuckle:

Comment

• QSmokey
      Guardedly Optimistic
      • Jun 2013
      • Kuna, Idaho
      • Retired
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Geezbolt View Post
      I liked it. If the team keeps buying into his game plans they will have some success. I know I have more confidence in the coaching staff than I've had in a few years and I'm not nearly as concerned about the Bolts being out-coached as I once was. Sure it will happen some, but that's part of the game. They won't turn it all around overnight, but they're headed in the right direction. BTW, what's with Deano's hair in that video????? :chuckle:
      LOL!

Comment

• Bolt-O
        Administrator
        • Jun 2013
        • Send PM

from some guy on si:

Good for Mike McCoy, who thinks before he snaps. So the Chargers had a 21-point lead with 21 minutes to play Monday night and blew it, losing 31-28 to Houston. Same old Norvy Chargers, right? “I went back and watched the tape,’’ McCoy said Sunday from Philadelphia. “I tortured myself. I went back and forth over the plays we called, wondering what we should have done. In this business, you know every time a play doesn’t work, you say, ‘I should have called something else.’ And after I examined all those plays down the stretch, you know what? I wouldn’t change a single one. I have faith in my coaches and what we called. We just had to play better, and that’s what I told my team.” On Sunday, reclamation project Eddie Royal scored his third, fourth and fifth touchdowns of the season (Eddie Royal—he still plays?), Philip Rivers threw for 419 yards, and San Diego, on a short week, stunned the Eagles 33-30. Heck of a job preparing his team by McCoy.

Comment

• Bolt-O
          Administrator
          • Jun 2013
          • Send PM

Some more from that same guy on si:

Coach of the Week

Mike McCoy, head coach, San Diego. The Chargers had a terrible loss Monday night, blowing a 28-7 second-half lead and losing in the final minutes to the Texans. McCoy watched the tape of the big fourth-quarter mistakes, and watched them again, and again. And he decided: We’re fine; we’re not going to panic and make a bunch of changes because of one rotten quarter. His team fed off that six days later in a stadium full of rabid Eagle fans, and stole a 33-30 victory.

Comment

• Bolt-O
            Administrator
            • Jun 2013
            • Send PM

His fine fifteen has us at 8.

Comment

• QSmokey
              Guardedly Optimistic
              • Jun 2013
              • Kuna, Idaho
              • Retired
              • Send PM

Funny comment about Royal (i.e. "He still plays?"). He's only just turned 27 a couple of months ago. Even by football's new "girl's gymnastics" standards, he's hardly a relic.

Comment

• Coachmarkos
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jun 2013
                • SoDak
                • Technology Director
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt-O View Post
                His fine fifteen has us at 8.
                That's just crazy. I agree the Chargers are better than people thought they were...but most people had them picked as a bottom 5 team.
                "...of course that's just my opinion, I could be wrong."

Comment

• KYBoltsFan
                  THERE'S A GLEAM, MEN
                  Generous Donor
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Send PM

It's fun to pick the Chargers to be bad because they were recently so annoyingly good and ruining the plans of east coast journalists with their playoff victories over the Colts and "King Manning".
                  NO SIGNATURE REQUIRED

Comment

• TABF
                    Por debajo del promedio
                    • Jun 2013
                    • SoCal
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by KYBoltsFan View Post
                    It's fun to pick the Chargers to be bad because they were recently so annoyingly good and ruining the plans of east coast journalists with their playoff victories over the Colts and "King Manning".
                    Those were indeed the days... We wouldn't even look at the Power Rankings as we knew we were 1 or 2 and nobody wanted to play us...

Comment

• Stinky Wizzleteats+
                      Grammar Police
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Send PM

Ball control, patience, exploiting the Eagles' defensive problems and limiting the run allowed the Chargers to come away with a 33-30 win. See PHOTOS and a VIDEO.

Good read.
                      Go Rivers!

Comment

• QSmokey
                        Guardedly Optimistic
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Kuna, Idaho
                        • Retired
                        • Send PM

By the way, it looks like we're going to win the Super Bowl this year!! If anyone needs clarification on that, let me know.

Comment

Working...
                        X