• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Heatmiser
    HarbaughHarrisonHeatMiser
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

Media asking if Broncos will go 16-0

Broncos played two good games, against teams that were supposed to be pretty good. But also teams that underwent a lot of upheaval since last year when one was the World Champ. The Broncos already being talked about as the class of the AFC and the NFL. On CNN/SI already asking if the Broncos will go undefeated. I don't know. The AFC has little competition to offer and I don't think Denver plays Seattle or Frisco. And Bailey and Miller aren't even playing yet. But, if they make it to the Superbowl, I would expect the NFC team to clobber them.

Bronco fans should enjoy this while they can. Manning is 37. We saw what happened to the Colts the year he couldn't play -- all those great players didn't look so great without Manning there. Denver is in for a big fall once Manning goes or if he gets hurt.

TG
    Like, how am I a traitor? Your team are traitors.
  • QSmokey
    Guardedly Optimistic
    • Jun 2013
    • Kuna, Idaho
    • Retired
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Heatmiser View Post
    Broncos played two good games, against teams that were supposed to be pretty good. But also teams that underwent a lot of upheaval since last year when one was the World Champ. The Broncos already being talked about as the class of the AFC and the NFL. On CNN/SI already asking if the Broncos will go undefeated. I don't know. The AFC has little competition to offer and I don't think Denver plays Seattle or Frisco. And Bailey and Miller aren't even playing yet. But, if they make it to the Superbowl, I would expect the NFC team to clobber them.

Bronco fans should enjoy this while they can. Manning is 37. We saw what happened to the Colts the year he couldn't play -- all those great players didn't look so great without Manning there. Denver is in for a big fall once Manning goes or if he gets hurt.

TG
    Every year some team - usually with a Brady or Manning at the helm - captures the League's attention early in the season. Frankly, I hope the Broncos go 18-0, like the Patriots did several years ago. And then lose in the Super Bowl, like the Patriots did several years ago.

If I were clairvoyant and could actually predict that outcome, I couldn't think of a more satisfying scenario for me personally. And more devastating for Bronco fans and Peyton Manning. Pure joy.

Comment

• Coachmarkos
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jun 2013
      • SoDak
      • Technology Director
      • Send PM

Originally posted by QSmokey View Post
      Every year some team - usually with a Brady or Manning at the helm - captures the League's attention early in the season. Frankly, I hope the Broncos go 18-0, like the Patriots did several years ago. And then lose in the Super Bowl, like the Patriots did several years ago.

If I were clairvoyant and could actually predict that outcome, I couldn't think of a more satisfying scenario for me personally. And more devastating for Bronco fans and Peyton Manning. Pure joy.
      I can't wish for this, because I always cheer for the chargers to win. 14-2 is the best I could wish on them, and... well heck with it, I don't like the Broncos.

I hope they go 2-14.
      "...of course that's just my opinion, I could be wrong."

Comment

Without a left tackle, I don't know how well Manning will do. I don't see them going undefeated at all.

Comment

• TABF
          Por debajo del promedio
          • Jun 2013
          • SoCal
          • Send PM

They do appear to be the class of the AFC... However at 2-0, I think it is a bit early to predict such things. Sports journalist today sensationalizes sports to a point that makes them look like idiots. Just as most teams, Denver goes as their QB goes... If he has a bad day, so will their team. If he has to miss a start, his team will miss a beat. Way too many variables to be talking rubbish like this during the second week of the season.

In the end, if a scenario as laid out by Q should happen, I probably wouldn’t be too pissed. Every team needs a good kick in the nuts… We all know as SD Sports fans, we have had our fair share.

Comment

• Bolt-O
            Administrator
            • Jun 2013
            • Send PM

Donkeys play only two teams different than the Chargers (BAL, NE, vs. CIN, MIA), and judging by the remaining schedule as well as the performance in games played, their remaining "tough" games away are NE, HOU, KC and SD. Those games are in the last half of the season. It's conceivable that they can go 16-0, but I think they will trip up on one or two of those visits.

I don't know but wouldn't it be something that the Donkeys come into SD 8-0, and SD 7-1. (Poly wants a cracker! LOL!) Schedule MFer's gave the Donkeys a bye before that game.

Comment

• QSmokey
              Guardedly Optimistic
              • Jun 2013
              • Kuna, Idaho
              • Retired
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt-O View Post
              Donkeys play only two teams different than the Chargers (BAL, NE, vs. CIN, MIA), and judging by the remaining schedule as well as the performance in games played, their remaining "tough" games away are NE, HOU, KC and SD. Those games are in the last half of the season. It's conceivable that they can go 16-0, but I think they will trip up on one or two of those visits.

I don't know but wouldn't it be something that the Donkeys come into SD 8-0, and SD 7-1. (Poly wants a cracker! LOL!) Schedule MFer's gave the Donkeys a bye before that game.
              More than a mere "something".

Comment

• BoltBalls
                Always keep eye contact!
                • Jun 2013
                • SD!
                • Send PM

Good, I hope they continue to slobber all over the Broncos like they did when they went 6-0 with McHoodie at the helm in 2009 then they came crashing back down to earth in a hurry. Obviously the team is much better now than it was then but losing their left tackle along with two of their centers is not looking good for them. Defenses will exploit that.

Comment

• RTPbolt
                  Charger Fan till the end
                  • Jun 2013
                  • North Carolina
                  • Send PM

No they will lose. They played a sub par Ravens team. They played a mediocre Giants team. Both opponents have some issues that were clear liabilities.

That said they are a well rounded team that is going to challenge every game unless injury hits them. Losing Clady would hurt and change some of what they can do. Defensively they havent faced a good offense yet which is how u beat Denver...keep Manning on the sideline.

Comment

• ArtistFormerlyKnownAsBKR
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Send PM

Their D is nowhere near good enough to entertain this possibility. And without Clady, forget it.

Comment

• Bolt-O
                      Administrator
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by ArtistFormerlyKnownAsBKR View Post
                      Their D is nowhere near good enough to entertain this possibility. And without Clady, forget it.
                      But, but they were ranked #1 from last season and added Shaun Philips and Jammer... so they must be better!

Comment

• Heatmiser
                        HarbaughHarrisonHeatMiser
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt-O View Post

Interesting...at this (early) point, it appears Cincy and Miami are tougher draws than NE and the depleted, on the road, early in the year Ravens.

TG
                        Like, how am I a traitor? Your team are traitors.

Comment

Working...
                        X