• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • TTK
    EX-Charger Fan
    • Jun 2013
    • America's Finest City
    • Send PM

This is why you NEVER trade a proven quarterback like Rivers.

Comment

• Mister Hoarse
      No Sir, I Dont Like It
      • Jun 2013
      • Section 457
      • Migrant Film Worker
      • Send PM

Originally posted by QSmokey View Post
      I was one of them. That "etc" was the big part. It was Cleveland's #1, so it's only fair to include that piece of information.

Last week at this time there were a couple of people (raising hand here), who weren't all too happy with Rivers. In fact, I threw out the "Rivers for Josh WhatsHisFace and Tampa's #1 in 2015" trade scenario.

Went over like the proverbial lead balloon.
      Time for these jokes to be humorous
      Dean Spanos Should Get Ass Cancer Of The Ass!
      sigpic

Comment

• SDFan
        Woober Goober
        • Jun 2013
        • Dolores, CO
        • Retired
        • Send PM

Originally posted by ArtistFormerlyKnownAsBKR View Post
        Remember when there was talk this past offseason of supposedly dealing Rivers to Cleve for Weeden, etc? I seem to recall some people who didn't immediately dismiss it.

LMAO
        the way I remember it, the talk originated exclusively out of Cleveland- and throwing in Weeden was not the prize- only a sweetner so the Chargers would receive "a QB" back in the deal for the QB depth chart and blunt the projected "now we have NO QB" argument against doing a deal.
        Life is too short to drink cheap beer :beer:

Comment

• Yubaking
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jul 2013
          • Send PM

Originally posted by QSmokey View Post
          I was one of them. That "etc" was the big part. It was Cleveland's #1, so it's only fair to include that piece of information.

Last week at this time there were a couple of people (raising hand here), who weren't all too happy with Rivers. In fact, I threw out the "Rivers for Josh WhatsHisFace and Tampa's #1 in 2015" trade scenario.

Went over like the proverbial lead balloon.
          Shoot! Even Cutler was worth two #1s.

Comment

• Heatmiser
            HarbaughHarrisonHeatMiser
            • Jun 2013
            • Send PM

In Ohio, the Cleveland Indians franchise has been under heat for some time (just like the Redskins) to change the name of the team because some find it and the logo (Chief Wahoo) to be offensive. The governor here recently succombed to pressure and he worked with the ownership of the Indians to change the name so it will not offend anyone.

Starting next year, the Cleveland Indians will be known as the OHIO Indians.

TG
            Like, how am I a traitor? Your team are traitors.

Comment

fender57
              • Jun 2013
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Heatmiser View Post
              In Ohio, the Cleveland Indians franchise has been under heat for some time (just like the Redskins) to change the name of the team because some find it and the logo (Chief Wahoo) to be offensive. The governor here recently succombed to pressure and he worked with the ownership of the Indians to change the name so it will not offend anyone.

Starting next year, the Cleveland Indians will be known as the OHIO Indians.

TG
              Reminds me of this one:

"The Washington Bullets succumbed to pressure from those who felt their name was too much associated with the criminal element, so beginning this season they will be simply known as The Bullets".

Comment

• Fleet
                TPB Founder
                • Jun 2013
                • Cardiff - Poipu
                • Send PM

Just read that Holmgren offered the Browns entire draft for Luck last year. Why not make the same offer for RG3? Guess they didnt believe in that type of QB or offense. So they pretty much traded there entire draft to move up one spot to take TRich. LMAO.

This still kills me as one of the bigger fails in draft history. Holgren was an idiot. And he looks even worse now. I love Richardson but he was not going to be a LT or AD type of RB. Hes a first round talent but top 3 no way.

Comment

Working...
                X