• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Den60
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

Originally posted by oneinchpunch View Post
    The defense lacked so much depth that this was expected. You can't have guys playing that many downs and not have them wear down. And once starters go down to injury the defense is screwed.
    It was only expected from the purveyors of pessimism.

Comment

• QSmokey
      Guardedly Optimistic
      • Jun 2013
      • Kuna, Idaho
      • Retired
      • Send PM

Originally posted by ArtistFormerlyKnownAsBKR View Post
      Fixed

Bring Back Atari Bigby! I should make T-shirts outta that.

Comment

• Den60
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jun 2013
        • Send PM

Originally posted by QSmokey View Post
        Well, that OLB pass rusher is supposed to be Ingram, right? And we need OL depth, which Dunlap would provide. We can, and perhaps should, go with your plan for our 2nd-round and/or 3rd-round picks, but I guess either way would be OK.
        Two is better than one - almost doubly better.

Comment

• Den60
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jun 2013
          • Send PM

Is that a trick question?

I guess, as you say, it all depends on who is there. If the top LT (is it Lewan?) and the top pass rusher (I'm thinking Clowney, if the recent questions about his dedication prove baseless) are there when it's our turn, who do you take?

Unfortunately Jax, Pitts, the Giants, the Raiders and Washington are giving us a run for the money! I think it would be difficult for Jax NOT to have the #1 pick; Raiders perhaps #2. Both could use a QB, of course, so it might not affect us so as much if we're drafting #3. I gotta believe that Jax takes a QB, almost certainly.
          If all those OTs taken before we got the creme de la creme with Fluker are busts wouldn't you be worried that the sure things next year will be just as sucky as this year's crop?

Comment

• Den60
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jun 2013
            • Send PM

Yes.
            He's never been able to rush the passer, so that's not why he's here.
            Depth.
            Too early to shine TWilliams, but he is nothing special so far, I'd agree. Depth. Walker has been pretty good depth, too.

We can go OLB in the 2nd or 3rd. Let's NAIL DOWN this LT spot if we have the chance, I say!
            I would tell Freeney to rent rather than buy in this town.

Comment

• sandiego17
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jun 2013
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Den60 View Post
              If all those OTs taken before we got the creme de la creme with Fluker are busts wouldn't you be worried that the sure things next year will be just as sucky as this year's crop?
              Has Fluker's play earned such ridicule/sarcasm or are you rooting for him to fail so your ridiculously early and unfounded analysis as he being a poor pick comes "true"? Weak.

Comment

• QSmokey
                Guardedly Optimistic
                • Jun 2013
                • Kuna, Idaho
                • Retired
                • Send PM

You never know who is going to bust and who isn't, of course.

But what's unsettling to me is that we seem to be throwing ALL of our eggs into the Draft basket with little indication that we're gonna dip into Free Agency...again. I'm REALLY starting to believe that the Spanos Family is driving this anti-Free Agency model (as opposed to it being our GM's philosophy). We have to be one of the bottom 2-3 teams when it comes to going after QUALITY free agents the past several years.

Comment

• Den60
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by sandiego17 View Post
                  Has Fluker's play earned such ridicule/sarcasm or are you rooting for him to fail so your ridiculously early and unfounded analysis as he being a poor pick comes "true"? Weak.
                  Actually it was sarcasm aimed at those who feel that we got the best tackle in the draft. And I said Fluker was a reach and may be better suited to playing guard.

Comment

• Den60
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Send PM

You never know who is going to bust and who isn't, of course.

But what's unsettling to me is that we seem to be throwing ALL of our eggs into the Draft basket with little indication that we're gonna dip into Free Agency...again. I'm REALLY starting to believe that the Spanos Family is driving this anti-Free Agency model (as opposed to it being our GM's philosophy). We have to be one of the bottom 2-3 teams when it comes to going after QUALITY free agents the past several years.
                    We are going to have to use free agency if we don't retain our young players past their initial contract. You simply will not have enough picks to fill the holes.

Comment

• sandiego17
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Send PM

Actually it was sarcasm aimed at those who feel that we got the best tackle in the draft. And I said Fluker was a reach and may be better suited to playing guard.
                      Ok, whatever, its still weak considering he's played fairly well as a rookie. It does make you appear to be rooting against him. I don't see using Mathews (who hasn't lived up to his trade up and #12 pick status) or Mouton to make any sarcastic points. Smells like an agenda.

Comment

• TTK
                        EX-Charger Fan
                        • Jun 2013
                        • America's Finest City
                        • Send PM

Is that a trick question?

I guess, as you say, it all depends on who is there. If the top LT (is it Lewan?) and the top pass rusher (I'm thinking Clowney, if the recent questions about his dedication prove baseless) are there when it's our turn, who do you take?

Unfortunately Jax, Pitts, the Giants, the Raiders and Washington are giving us a run for the money! I think it would be difficult for Jax NOT to have the #1 pick; Raiders perhaps #2. Both could use a QB, of course, so it might not affect us so as much if we're drafting #3. I gotta believe that Jax takes a QB, almost certainly.
                        Unless Rivers goes on IR, there's no way this team is picking #3.

Comment

• QSmokey
                          Guardedly Optimistic
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Kuna, Idaho
                          • Retired
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by TTK View Post
                          Unless Rivers goes on IR, there's no way this team is picking #3.
                          Hmmmm....3-13 would do it, don't you think? I feel we're a guaranteed 2-10 (no, Panama, I am not betting you again! ), with 3 winnable games left on the schedule.

Comment

Working...
                          X