• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Stinky Wizzleteats+
    Grammar Police
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

I was not among those people, frankly my impression was that folks did not even expect Mouton to be a world beater right away and IIRC SDFan thought he was a poor pick to begin with. That said none of the players you mention do I recall being labled a bust in week three.

Everybody elce does it is a childs excuse.
    Go Rivers!

Comment

• Panama
      パナマ
      • Aug 2013
      • London
      • Opera singer and web developer.
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Den60 View Post
      Do you expect Fluker to develop quickness?
      To a degree, quickness can be improved.

What I expect, though, is that his footwork and technique will improve, and that he will develop savvy, all of which will help cover up his lack of lateral quickness.
      Adipose

Comment

• QSmokey
        Guardedly Optimistic
        • Jun 2013
        • Kuna, Idaho
        • Retired
        • Send PM

My dad used to carry me into Balboa Stadium when I was 3. That was in 1963. The organization used to take care of it's own and keep promising players after their first contract was up.
        Well, that was then, and this is now, unfortunately. Just assume, like I do, that Butler's gone after '13. So if he leaves, you knew it was coming. If not, think how pleasantly surprised you'll be.

Comment

• Stinky Wizzleteats+
          Grammar Police
          • Jun 2013
          • Send PM

Im sure ill have to read about losing Butler for years if he leaves...
          Go Rivers!

Comment

• Highboltage
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jun 2013
            • Send PM

So......., Schilling was signed?

Comment

• Stinky Wizzleteats+
              Grammar Police
              • Jun 2013
              • Send PM

Yep and we had two starting tackles cuncussed in the same week...
              Go Rivers!

Comment

• blahblahblah
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Sep 2013
                • Send PM

No different than many on here. Did Mouton or Gilchrist get 3 years to develop? Mathews? People were calling Luiget a bust his rookie year then an All-Pro and now a bust again. Butler was sure criticized early in his second year and now is referred to as being too 'injury prone" to re-sign. People are sure getting down on Reyes already as well. I could go on and on on this point you know.
                Mouton was a bust the moment he was drafted. Wasted pick.

Liuget and Reyes are not playing well this year, for whatever reason. Doesn't make them busts. Does make them not playing well. They both have tools so it's more of a diagnosing 'why?' than coming down on them.

Mathews has talent and the same weaknesses he did his rookie year.

Fluker has as much talent as any of them. Whether or not he develops is the question. He's not nearly as slow as some people were saying.

Comment

• Mister Hoarse
                  No Sir, I Dont Like It
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Section 457
                  • Migrant Film Worker
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by QSmokey View Post
                  You've been a Charger fan how long?? I've gotten used to this kind of nonsense. And we can't just pin this on TT, or even AJ Smith. The organization has apparently shut the door on 1st-tier FA signings, so losing Butler is something I expect, not dread.
                  Deano logo:
                  Dean Spanos Should Get Ass Cancer Of The Ass!
                  sigpic

Comment

• Mister Hoarse
                    No Sir, I Dont Like It
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Section 457
                    • Migrant Film Worker
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by RobH View Post
                    Why don't you think Clary is a quality OG? He was a capable RT and his only issues were speed rushers. At OG, he doesn't have to worry about that, and he can concentrate on straight ahead pass rushers, blitzing LBs and getting to the second level on run blocking plays. I think he's a little awkward when he pulls, but he does an adequate job. He's very experienced, and I think he'll take an extension at maybe 4.5-5 million/yr.

I just don't get the dislike for a guy that's always given it his all, is a good citizen and is one of the few OL with a nasty streak. Try watching a replay of a game and concentrate on him and Fluker. They really give their opponents a tough day.
                    My first GF was a little akward when she pulled, but she did an adequate job too. Not as experienced, but that nasty streak sure helped.. what were we discussing?
                    Last edited by Mister Hoarse; 09-29-2013, 10:03 PM.
                    Dean Spanos Should Get Ass Cancer Of The Ass!
                    sigpic

Comment

Working...
                    X