• Show
Clear All
  • Rugger05
    Administrator
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

Chargers hype since the draft

Simple question.

Do you believe the Chargers would be getting this much hype if they were still in San Diego?
    Yes
    40.91%
    No
    59.09%

The poll is expired.

• Bolt-O
    Administrator
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

What hype? I see no difference in coverage, maybe less.

Comment

• Formula 21
      The Future is Now
      • Jun 2013
      • Republic of San Diego
      • Send PM

I think they are being noticed for a good draft, specifically the two guards. I don't see any bump in power ratings. So no, I see no more hype over team strength.
      Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
      The Wasted Decade is done.
      Build Back Better.

Comment

• Fleet
        TPB Founder
        • Jun 2013
        • Cardiff - Poipu
        • Send PM

I think so yes. It was a really solid draft on paper. Wont be able to tell for 2-3 years. Former fans most likely would have loved the draft as well. But apparently it was a brutal draft to all of them.

Comment

• DFWBoltfan
          Registered Charger Fan
          • May 2017
          • Send PM

It will be interesting to see how things play out. LA is a "marquee" market - whether or not the Chargers become a "marquee" team is yet to be seen. Winning changes everything. If they can get off to a quick start, and take away some of the initial hype the Rams received (and then lost) it could be a great thing.

Comment

• RTPbolt
            Charger Fan till the end
            • Jun 2013
            • North Carolina
            • Send PM

I think there is some extra attention they are getting but some is just making sound decisions imo on a team that is getting a bunch of injured guys back....so hope of making a splash in a tough division.

Imo they have a decent chance at beating good teams. We need better coaching, players to step up on the OL and defense plus not have the league leading stat for injuries yet again. We get 2 out of 3 and we are 8-8 again...we get 3 of 3 and we are fighting for the division.

Comment

• Gwynning_Spirit
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jul 2013
              • Send PM

I saw positive coverage of the Chargers' draft picks by ESPN and on the web.
              But I do live in the LA media market and the team hasn't gotten much coverage at all on TV... but not really the Rams either right now. Probably the Dodgers & Angels are getting the most coverage and they were talking Clippers until the annual fold.

Comment

• MasterOfPuppets
                Registered Charger Fan
                • May 2017
                • Tijuana
                • Send PM

I wonder if we'll become NFL hipsters, as in (if the Chargers succeed in L.A. and the bandwagon fills up) we will be the ones saying "I was a fan before the moved to L.A. " (in a douchey hipstar way)

Comment

• UtahBolt
                  Did we win?
                  • Jun 2013
                  • I'll ride the wave...where it takes me.
                  • Send PM

I have always thought (and even stated it on this board) that if the Chargers start strong and are in contention, a lot of the angry SD fan base will jump back on board. I think the draw of a team that has been so bad for so long and suddenly playing well will be too big to resist for some (not all) of the disgruntled fan base.

I would welcome them all back with open arms...
                  I'll ride the wave...where it takes me.

Comment

• oneinchpunch
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Send PM

I have always been critical of Tommy T's drafts but I thought this was a very sound draft. I have no clue how this head coach will be but he has 2 outstanding coordinators.
                    Hashtag thepowderblues

Comment

• bolts4lyfe
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Mar 2017
                      • Send PM

I think the excitement (outside the league) is the young team of what could be stars at all levels on offense and defense

RB: Melvin Gordon
                      WR: Mike Williams, Keenan Allen (when healthy)
                      TE: Hunter Henry
                      Offensive line: on paper what they did this off season looks like an upgrade

DE: Joey Bosa
                      OLB: Melvin Ingram
                      ILB: Denzel Perryman, Jatavis Brown
                      CB: Jason Verrett, Casey Hayward, Jaheel Addae
                      All of that with Rivers leading the way, again many realistic factors need to come into play in order for real success, but on paper this has to be one of the more exciting rosters in the league.

A ton of Podcasters, media analysts and reporters have all agreed the (poor excuses) injury bug has hit no other team as bad as it has than the Chargers and also that with a bunch of back ups in the starting lineup this team had 9 games last year where they lost by 7 or less

Comment

• floydefisher
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jul 2013
                        • siberiacuse, ny
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Rugger05 View Post
                        Simple question.

Do you believe the Chargers would be getting this much hype if they were still in San Diego?
                        Who is hyping this team? I see them in full rebuild mode atm.
                        sigpic

Comment

Working...
                        X