• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • thelightningwill
    Go Aztecs and Pads
    • Jul 2013
    • Send PM

Bigby took hits from the big b, 420 style. That why he was my favorite player. Now my favorite player is Shaggy Woodhead. He looks like he just stepped out of the mystery van.

Ya'll can bash on Bigby all you want. But don't pretend that, other than Weddle and Harrison, we've had a very good history with safeties. Bigby probably ranks just below Vencie Glenn and Martin Bayless. Somewhere in the Sheriff/Bo Orlando realm. He's better than anybody else we've paired up with Weddle.

Comment

• Panama
      パナマ
      • Aug 2013
      • London
      • Opera singer and web developer.
      • Send PM

Originally posted by thelightningwill View Post
      Bigby took hits from the big b, 420 style. That why he was my favorite player. Now my favorite player is Shaggy Woodhead. He looks like he just stepped out of the mystery van.

Ya'll can bash on Bigby all you want. But don't pretend that, other than Weddle and Harrison, we've had a very good history with safeties. Bigby probably ranks just below Vencie Glenn and Martin Bayless. Somewhere in the Sheriff/Bo Orlando realm. He's better than anybody else we've paired up with Weddle.
      Bo Orlando was much better than Bigby! (But you're right, outside of Weddle, Harrison, and Glenn, ranking Chargers safeties is a bit like ranking shits.)
      Adipose

Comment

• sandiego17
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jun 2013
        • Send PM

Sheriff and Carrington were much better than Atari. Bigby ranks with Jerry Wilson, a tad below, but right there. Zero upside shitty player, crazy that he's not signed.

Comment

• oneinchpunch
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jun 2013
          • Send PM

Jerry Wilson was better.
          Hashtag thepowderblues

Comment

• sandiego17
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jun 2013
            • Send PM

Agreed, Bigby was a tad below Jerry.

Bigby played very poorly in part of one failed season with the Chargers, he barely even qualifies as a Charger, imo. His legend, however is awesome.

Comment

• thelightningwill
              Go Aztecs and Pads
              • Jul 2013
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Panama View Post
              Bo Orlando was much better than Bigby! (But you're right, outside of Weddle, Harrison, and Glenn, ranking Chargers safeties is a bit like ranking shits.)
              Shaun Gayle for a year was better than Vencie Glenn. Vencie was really good at returning turnovers for long distances and was a terrific special teamer. But, in all other ways, he sucked.
              Martin Bayless was the better safety at the time. He was slow but could knock the shit out of receivers and running backs.
              Last edited by thelightningwill; 10-02-2013, 09:39 AM.

Comment

• thelightningwill
                Go Aztecs and Pads
                • Jul 2013
                • Send PM

Oh. And Bo Orlando wasn't much better than anyone - not as a Charger anyway. Not at that point in his career.

Comment

• thelightningwill
                  Go Aztecs and Pads
                  • Jul 2013
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by sandiego17 View Post
                  Sheriff and Carrington were much better than Atari. Bigby ranks with Jerry Wilson, a tad below, but right there. Zero upside shitty player, crazy that he's not signed.
                  Sheriff and Carrington were good at interceptions. But I have a hard time forgiving them for their roles in our Super Bowl blowout. I realize the 49ers had Hall of Famers they had to cover, but that was probably the worst safety performance I've ever seen. Actually, not probably. Definitely.

Comment

• sandiego17
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Send PM

Sheriff and Carrington were good at interceptions. But I have a hard time forgiving them for their roles in our Super Bowl blowout. I realize the 49ers had Hall of Famers they had to cover, but that was probably the worst safety performance I've ever seen. Actually, not probably. Definitely.
                    If Bigby's play helped the team get to the SB, I would be a bit more forgiving of the fact that he's not good at the game of football. But agreed, Sheriff in particular was awful that day. Bigby was awful against much lesser teams, imagine Atari vs. those 49ers?

Comment

• thelightningwill
                      Go Aztecs and Pads
                      • Jul 2013
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by sandiego17 View Post
                      If Bigby's play helped the team get to the SB, I would be a bit more forgiving of the fact that he's not good at the game of football. But agreed, Sheriff in particular was awful that day. Bigby was awful against much lesser teams, imagine Atari vs. those 49ers?
                      Okay.

Comment

• Panama
                        パナマ
                        • Aug 2013
                        • London
                        • Opera singer and web developer.
                        • Send PM

Shaun Gayle for a year was better than Vencie Glenn. Vencie was really good at returning turnovers for long distances and was a terrific special teamer. But, in all other ways, he sucked.
                        Martin Bayless was the better safety at the time. He was slow but could knock the shit out of receivers and running backs.
                        Ok, I'll admit I was very young when I watched Vencie Glenn play and didn't quite understand the game as I do now (and wasn't able to watch nearly as many Charger games), but I remember he was one of my favourite Chargers at the time.
                        Adipose

Comment

• thelightningwill
                          Go Aztecs and Pads
                          • Jul 2013
                          • Send PM

Ok, I'll admit I was very young when I watched Vencie Glenn play and didn't quite understand the game as I do now (and wasn't able to watch nearly as many Charger games), but I remember he was one of my favourite Chargers at the time.
                          He was one of my favorites too. I liked his name. Like I said, he was awesome at returning turnovers and worked hard on special teams. I might be wrong but I think, at one time, he had both the Chargers records for longest fumble return and longest interception return. Maybe not, though.

Comment

Working...
                          X