• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Heatmiser
    HarbaughHarrisonHeatMiser
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

Every team does analytics to a degree. It is nothing new or unique. Gil Brandt was doing it decades ago which lead to Blesto, which a lot of teams subscribed to and still do today.

What would trouble me if I were a Browns fan is the inconsistency. For example, year one of Sashi et, al: let young 4th year players like Benjamin, Mitchell Schwartz, Gibson, etc go. These were drafted players that the Browns invested in a developed. Gibson was a pro bowler. The Browns had tons of cash. They didn't even make offers. Analytics tell them to draft a physically limited but smart and accurate QB (Kessler) and he will be their starter of the future. Browns say no more drafting players with off the field issues after Manziel, Bryant, etc disappointed them.

Year two: Browns sign Kirksey to a big second contract, they let their pro bowl TE go because he is over 30 then sign McCorty who is over 30. They let Pryor walk for the same money they gave to the guy they signed from the Titans. Analytics tell them to draft a physically talented but football intelligence/accuracy limited QB and he will be their starter of the future (Kizer). Browns draft one guy with a drug flag (Peppers) and another who was being accused of punching a woman in the face shortly before the draft (DE whose name I cannot recall right now).

Good teams have a philosophy that drives a plan and they stick with it. Bad teams reinvent their philosophy and develop a new plan (and fire and hire head coaches) almost every year. Good teams have someone who is clearly in charge. Bad teams have confusing front offices (remember the Chargers pre-Butler? There were THREE guys all in charge). Browns results on the field are a reflection of them off the field.

TG
    Like, how am I a traitor? Your team are traitors.

Comment

Working...
    X