Seriously we finally have a reason to legitimately ...

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Beerman
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jun 2013
    • Eastlake
    • Send PM

Seriously we finally have a reason to legitimately ...

Use orkchops:orkchops:

I know he did some solid work in the preseason, but Troutman really stepped it up today vs. some solid competition. For a guy that's essentially a rookie, he sure did look like he has some long term starting capability. Thoughts? He can really help shore up the line long term if he can lock down that LG spot next season. Maybe we can kick Rinehart to RG and cut Clary (next offseason)? It should at least increase our options and certainly provides some solid depth this season.
  • oneinchpunch
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

I'd like to see more of him. And a lot less of Ohrnberger
    Hashtag thepowderblues

Comment

• Buck
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jun 2013
      • Send PM

Seemed to play well today, and Mike Harris too.

We need Clary back though, he's played well so far.

Comment

• Fleet
        TPB Founder
        • Jun 2013
        • Cardiff - Poipu
        • Send PM

Im thinking our OL coach is pretty solid.

Comment

• Stinky Wizzleteats+
          Grammar Police
          • Jun 2013
          • Send PM

Better on twitter does not equel better on the field.
          Go Rivers!

Comment

• Guy Lombardo
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Aug 2013
            • Send PM

Yeah, between Troutman and Harris it's nice to at least have a couple of young bench guys that might be decent. So the Oline depth in getting better as the season goes on, maybe Becton will develop into something decent as well. We that young center.....

I know Troutman has pretty much only played LG, but I would be awesome to pair him with Fluker down the road. What a beefy tandem they would be.

I gotta give Harris credit, that guy showed potential last year early on, but what simply asked the impossible for almost any player, nevermind an undrafted one playing out of position and he didn't let it destroy him.

Comment

• Guy Lombardo
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Aug 2013
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Fleet View Post
              Oh, there is no doubt, we are lucky to have this guy.

Comment

• Beerman
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jun 2013
                • Eastlake
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Guy Lombardo View Post
                Yeah, between Troutman and Harris it's nice to at least have a couple of young bench guys that might be decent. So the Oline depth in getting better as the season goes on, maybe Becton will develop into something decent as well. We that young center.....

I know Troutman has pretty much only played LG, but I would be awesome to pair him with Fluker down the road. What a beefy tandem they would be.

I gotta give Harris credit, that guy showed potential last year early on, but what simply asked the impossible for almost any player, nevermind an undrafted one playing out of position and he didn't let it destroy him.
                I actually prefer Troutman on the left side. We need to be able to run in both directions. Those inside draw plays were really working well.

What's funny is that we have barely run to the right. Completely opposite of what we did in preseason. I keep waiting for all the runs to the right and they just don't come. I'm just waiting for midseason when they flip it and start running right screwing with teams game tape and tendencies.

Comment

• Mister Hoarse
                  No Sir, I Dont Like It
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Section 457
                  • Migrant Film Worker
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Fleet View Post
                  No doubt. He gets a 2013 Turd Polisher Of The Year Award.
                  Dean Spanos Should Get Ass Cancer Of The Ass!
                  sigpic

Comment

• blahblahblah
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Sep 2013
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Beerman View Post
                    I actually prefer Troutman on the left side. We need to be able to run in both directions. Those inside draw plays were really working well.

What's funny is that we have barely run to the right. Completely opposite of what we did in preseason. I keep waiting for all the runs to the right and they just don't come. I'm just waiting for midseason when they flip it and start running right screwing with teams game tape and tendencies.

Troutchop looked good pulling the one time I saw it. That plus a Fluker down block can be damn good in the right situations. Pulling a guard always risky in modern NFL.

We got a lot of yardage in 2006 with Goff pulling around a McNeil down block or inside a dig.

Comment

• Guy Lombardo
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Aug 2013
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Beerman View Post

I just want to see Fluker paired with another beast and see defenders getting crushed. It could be brutal and yes, that day they flip it is coming.

Comment

• Beerman
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Eastlake
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by blahblahblah View Post
                        Troutchop looked good pulling the one time I saw it. That plus a Fluker down block can be damn good in the right situations. Pulling a guard always risky in modern NFL.

We got a lot of yardage in 2006 with Goff pulling around a McNeil down block or inside a dig.
                        Yea Fluker is a beast down blocking. I know exactly what play you are talking about and I was surprised to see Troutman so adept at pulling. He doesn't seem athletic at all. He really knocked the crap out of the LB that was filling the hole.

Comment

Working...
                        X