Mike McCoy 1st Quater approval rating poll!!!!

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Parcells
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Buck View Post
    I would have given him a B- if this was done in letter grade form, but I voted no because of the decision to run the ball on 3rd down instead of using Rivers to ice the game vs the Titans.
    The line was so banged up that I think it would have been very risky to let Rivers drop back and throw the ball. They were leaking like a sieve at that point.

Comment

• blahblahblah
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Sep 2013
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Parcells View Post
      The line was so banged up that I think it would have been very risky to let Rivers drop back and throw the ball. They were leaking like a sieve at that point.
      There were a couple late game INTs by the team with the lead last week. I think it was HOU and TB. After the holding penalty week three and with no starting tackles left there really wasn't much to do on offense, imo, except run some clock and pin the Titans deep. They had to go 94 yards, that's entirely on the defense, and Pagano more than anybody. Some very puzzling calls that series.

Comment

• floydefisher
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jul 2013
        • siberiacuse, ny
        • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post
        No kidding. Any bets on who the first no vote will be from?
        Won't be from me. I'm highly surprised this team is 2-2 at this point. Expectations exceeded.
        sigpic

Comment

• thelightningwill
          Go Aztecs and Pads
          • Jul 2013
          • Send PM

What has happened with the offensive line has been fucking genius. There is no way that line should be this good. It has to be the coaches.

Comment

• oneinchpunch
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jun 2013
            • Send PM

Originally posted by thelightningwill View Post
            What has happened with the offensive line has been fucking genius. There is no way that line should be this good. It has to be the coaches.
            Gameplan plays into it the most. Those short drops and keeping Rivers in shotgun help a ton
            Hashtag thepowderblues

Comment

• Beerman
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jun 2013
              • Eastlake
              • Send PM

Originally posted by oneinchpunch;32723[B
              ]Gameplan plays into it the most.[/B] Those short drops and keeping Rivers in shotgun help a ton
              This IMO has been one of the biggest improvements. Our offense has been prepared and ready to roll early in every game we've been in. So many times in the past few years I always felt the team came out flat and always had to play from behind. They just never looked prepared.

Comment

• QSmokey
                Guardedly Optimistic
                • Jun 2013
                • Kuna, Idaho
                • Retired
                • Send PM

Originally posted by BlazingBolt View Post
                We should be 4-0. Failures in the 2 losses can be blamed partially on poor game management. Not really a fan of his coach speak and lying. If things were to fall apart his personallity seems like it could be Gilbride-esque very quickly.

If this poll came out last week all these roses would not be flying out of yall's collective butts.
                We SHOULD be 0-4. This is a team with marginal talent that was further depleted by injuries. We've won two games - and were competitive in the other two - because of the HC. And lest we forget: It was McCoy who installed the system that Rivers, so far, is thriving in. To downgrade the guy because he called a run instead of a pass - in one game - is pretty unfair, IMO. And, we had no business even being *in* the Texans game, IMO.

Remember: This is STILL not a very good team. Our lines are thin; our DBs weak. And with Floyd, Ingram, Alexander, Williams, and now Freeney (probably) IR'd, McCoy has even had less to work with. Even if we WERE 0-4, and we could very well be, I'd still be happy with McCoy.

So there.
                Last edited by QSmokey; 09-30-2013, 07:59 PM.

Comment

• thelightningwill
                  Go Aztecs and Pads
                  • Jul 2013
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by oneinchpunch View Post
                  Gameplan plays into it the most. Those short drops and keeping Rivers in shotgun help a ton
                  The quick plays help. Norv was a dumbass.

Comment

• oneinchpunch
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Send PM

The quick plays help. Norv was a dumbass.
                    I don't think Norv is a dumbass but the offense became predictable. Not just from Norv but tendencies from the players as well. Also never having an OC that would challenge Norv plays into that. It was always some coach with no power and limited experience.

A change was needed
                    Hashtag thepowderblues

Comment

• thelightningwill
                      Go Aztecs and Pads
                      • Jul 2013
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by oneinchpunch View Post
                      I don't think Norv is a dumbass but the offense became predictable. Not just from Norv but tendencies from the players as well. Also never having an OC that would challenge Norv plays into that. It was always some coach with no power and limited experience.

A change was needed
                      I think Norv was a dumbass. How come drunk fans like me could see the offensive line wasn't good enough for his style of offense and he couldn't? Only explanation is that Norv was a dumbass.

Comment

• Stinky Wizzleteats+
                        Grammar Police
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Send PM

Go Rivers!

Comment

• captaind
                          Cook This Pork Chops
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Mars
                          • Ball Holder
                          • Send PM

I completely underestimated how bad Norv was.

I knew he was bad, just not THAT bad. It's taken a few games under a head coach who knows how to gameplan to really see his weakness. Norv was inflexible. McCoy is trying to maximize our potential anywhere he can find an opportunity.

Comment

Working...
                          X