• Show
Clear All
  • OhioBolt
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

Charger MVP 1st Quarter of Season

No doubt it is Philip Rivers

Big Credit though has to go to Joe D'Alessandris the O-line coach he's coaching for real, who would of thought the line play would be as good as it has been with all the injuries. I think he spends time with the line refining techniques, from starters to the backups, what we have seen from the transition of Clary at guard, backups starting from Johnnie Troutman and Mike Harris stepping in and not getting Rivers killed, and being able to run a little. Here is the scary thing the starters only played two complete games together. They are still developing chemistry together, and Joe D'Alessandris is coaching the whole unit up, the only lineman that really looked bad is Rich Ohrnberger and I simply see it as he isn't that good period.
    Last edited by OhioBolt; 10-01-2013, 07:48 AM.
  • ArtistFormerlyKnownAsBKR
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

Wel said. I think I would agree with everything you say. I also would say that Gates deserves mention. He's been clutch for us despite that goal line mistake in Philly.

Comment

• Yubaking
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jul 2013
      • Send PM

Originally posted by OhioBolt View Post
      No doubt it is Philip Rivers

Big Credit though has to go to Joe D'Alessandris the O-line coach he's coaching for real, who would of thought the line play would be as good as it has been with all the injuries. I think he spends time with the line refining techniques, from starters to the backups, what we have seen from the transition of Clary at guard, backups starting from Johnnie Troutman and Mike Harris stepping in and not getting Rivers killed, and being able to run a little. Here is the scary thing the starters only played two complete games together. They are still developing chemistry together, and Joe D'Alessandris is coaching the whole unit up, the only lineman that really looked bad is Rich Ohrnberger and I simply see it as he isn't that good period.
      I completely agree and would add that the coaching of McCoy and play calling of Whisenhunt has been a huge improvement over the worst HC in the NFL (a.k.a. Norv Turner, a.k.a. :shit

Comment

• Boltergeist
        Pesky apparition
        • Jun 2013
        • Baja Oklahoma
        • Send PM

I was going to say Freeney.

[Ducks]

Comment

• Coachmarkos
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jun 2013
          • SoDak
          • Technology Director
          • Send PM

. I think he spends time with the line refining techniques, from starters to the backups,
          I'm not knocking Coach D'A, but I'm pretty sure this is what ALL Offensive Line Coaches do.

He's done a good job. Let's hope he keeps it up. But as mentioned in other threads...gameplanning and playcalling have definately helped the line play as well.
          "...of course that's just my opinion, I could be wrong."

Comment

• MakoShark
            Disgruntled
            • Jun 2013
            • North Alabama
            • Send PM

I'd throw a little love towards Woodhead. He and Rivers have gelled nicely.
            sigpic

Comment

• oneinchpunch
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jun 2013
              • Send PM

Originally posted by coachmarkos View Post
              I'm not knocking Coach D'A, but I'm pretty sure this is what ALL Offensive Line Coaches do.

He's done a good job. Let's hope he keeps it up. But as mentioned in other threads...gameplanning and playcalling have definately helped the line play as well.
              I think gameplanning, playcalls and Rivers have helped the OL as much as anything.

Biggest issue I see going forward are road games. Gotta work on those hand signals.
              Hashtag thepowderblues

Comment

• QSmokey
                Guardedly Optimistic
                • Jun 2013
                • Kuna, Idaho
                • Retired
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Yubaking View Post
                I completely agree and would add that the coaching of McCoy and play calling of Whisenhunt has been a huge improvement over the worst HC in the NFL (a.k.a. Norv Turner, a.k.a. :shit
                100% agree. Hell has frozen over!

Comment

• OhioBolt
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Send PM

. I think he spends time with the line refining techniques, from starters to the backups,

Originally posted by coachmarkos View Post

Well all Offensive Line Coaches coach and I was stating his coaching is better, and no doubt he benefits from the game planning and playcalling. Coach D'A is the same O-line coach that was at Buffalo he had their OL clicking too and they had no notable superstars on that Offense, Ryan Fitzpatrick at QB, WR Steve Johnson known more for quotes and dropping the ball, Fred Jackson had a couple of good years, but the Bills O-line benefit from from coach D'A. Pittsburg Steeler have just as many offensive line issues as us, why aren't they playing better on offense and are 0-4, The Oakland Raiders OL has a lot of injuries too, but they are 1-3 and not playing great on offense.

All O-line Coaches as you stated, some coaches just do it better!!!

Comment

• thelightningwill
                    Go Aztecs and Pads
                    • Jul 2013
                    • Send PM

MVP stands for most valuable player. If we are picking coaches, then they would be MVCs.

Comment

Working...
                    X