Clear All
  • Viejo Bolt
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

McKinnie

Saw this tweet:

Jason La Canfora ‏@JasonLaCanfora
    Ravens LT Bryant McKinnie having a rough year and running behind him been an issue for a while. BAL run game atrocious this season so far
  • QSmokey
    Guardedly Optimistic
    • Jun 2013
    • Kuna, Idaho
    • Retired
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Viejo Bolt View Post
    Saw this tweet:

Jason La Canfora ‏@JasonLaCanfora
    Ravens LT Bryant McKinnie having a rough year and running behind him been an issue for a while. BAL run game atrocious this season so far
    Joke's on the Ravens, then. McKinnie used the Chargers as leverage to get the Ravens to up their ante...and it worked. Props to him for working the system to perfection. Lets just say the Ravens got "Gaithered".

Comment

• Boltjolt
      Dont let the PBs fool ya
      • Jun 2013
      • Henderson, NV
      • Send PM

I was hoping we didnt sign him. He is as bad or even worse as Starks.

Comment

• oneinchpunch
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jun 2013
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post
        I was hoping we didnt sign him. He is as bad or even worse as Starks.
        Lot of posters did want him signed though. As though they hadn't learned from the Gaither signing.

Even though they are the very same people that blasted the Gaither signing.
        Hashtag thepowderblues

Comment

• Stinky Wizzleteats+
          Grammar Police
          • Jun 2013
          • Send PM

I thought Gaither had turned it around. I also liked David Boston and Robert Meachum singings so I guess ill never learn...
          Go Rivers!

Comment

• Geezbolt
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jun 2013
            • Sun Valley, ID
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Stinky Wizzleteats+ View Post
            I thought Gaither had turned it around. I also liked David Boston and Robert Meachum singings so I guess ill never learn...
            Bravo! Confession is good for the soul Stinky.

Comment

• BoltBalls
              Always keep eye contact!
              • Jun 2013
              • SD!
              • Send PM

Yet another example of how risky it is to play the FA market. I was a McKinnie supporter also, but I also wasn't as down on Dunlap as some of the other posters here either.

Comment

• CTrout
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jun 2013
                • Send PM

Ravens have made a trade for Jags OT Monroe.

Comment

• sandiego17
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by QSmokey View Post
                  Joke's on the Ravens, then. McKinnie used the Chargers as leverage to get the Ravens to up their ante...and it worked. Props to him for working the system to perfection. Lets just say the Ravens got "Gaithered".
                  Until McKinney misses games due to an injury nobody could diagnose, is asked not to come back to team headquarters, earns nicknames like Oceans 11 (heist) and Big Lazy from his teammates, comparing him to Gaither is an insult to fake injuries. Gaither is in a league of his own, very few can compare. Gaither has earned the top of totem pole, McKinney can only aspire to "Gaither".

Comment

• oneinchpunch
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Send PM

Trade for Mckinnie!

Baltimore Sun:

The Ravens could attempt to trade left tackle Bryant McKinnie now that they're in the process of finalizing their trade for his replacement, Eugene Monroe, from the Jacksonville Jaguars, according to league sources.

McKinnie, 34, participated in the Ravens' walkthrough practice today, but his status remains unresolved.

Whether the Ravens will be successful at trading McKinnie remains to be seen with a fluid market for offensive tackles following the trade for Monroe. If they're unable to move McKinnie, the Ravens could just have him back up Monroe.

McKinnie reported to training camp over his prescribed target weight of 346 pounds and the 6-foot-8 former Pro Bowl blocker has fluctuated between 355 and 357 pounds as his weight hasn't dropped much since the summer, according to sources.

And McKinnie has yet to earn any of his $100,000 weight clause that would have paid him $6,250 per game for every week he met his target weight.

McKinnie reported to the Minnesota Vikings at roughly 386 pounds and was released after the NFL lockout before signing with the Ravens.

Former Philadelphia Eagles director of pro personnel Louis Riddick lauded the Ravens for the trade and cited Monroe's athleticism as a good fit for run-game coordinator Juan Castillo.

"I think Eugene is right up Juan's alley as far as possessing a lot of the athletic skills and character that Juan loves," said Riddick, an ESPN analyst. "Juan loves long arms, good feet and Eugene is accustomed to playing with vertically-oriented pass sets. He's young, healthy, has been reen relatively durable and has good character, a lot of the things that Bryant McKinnie isn't now. Bryant is old, surly, you can't trust him. He doesn't have good feet anymore.

"For a guy 345 pounds, he can't run block worth [crap]. They know Bryant is not the answer. This move makes sense. You look at Eugene and he's been their best offensive lineman in Jacksonville. This should make Joe Flacco more comfortable. It's a great move for Jacksonville because they're really devoid of talent. This is not an indictment at all of Eugene Monroe's play. When you watch him, he's been playing well. I think it's a great move for them and Baltimore. Now, the Ravens have two of the top tackles from the 2009 draft with Eugene and Michael Oher."
                    Hashtag thepowderblues

Comment

• sandiego17
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Send PM

But Monroe was part of an offense that sucks and McKinney was a starter on an offense that won the superbowl. Therefore....

Comment

Working...
                      X