Clear All
  • QSmokey
    Guardedly Optimistic
    • Jun 2013
    • Kuna, Idaho
    • Retired
    • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post
    Yeah, I still can't believe we are once again being decimated by injury. New GM, new coach, new trainers, new medical staff and a lot of new players and still we get wiped out year after year. If we let Pryor put up a 135.7 QB rating against us with not much talent, WTF is Manning going to do to this defense?
    Don't forget the new lighting in the clubhouse. Not even gonna bother to watch the Bronco or Chief games. Cleaning out the garage is much more appealing. LOL! My only hope for the rest of this season is for none of the younger guys who we hope will be the foundation of the team going forward has a severe injury (ACL/Achilles/etc), something that could linger into next season.
    Last edited by QSmokey; 10-07-2013, 07:41 AM.

Comment

• TTK
      EX-Charger Fan
      • Jun 2013
      • America's Finest City
      • Send PM

Yeah, I still can't believe we are once again being decimated by injury. New GM, new coach, new trainers, new medical staff and a lot of new players and still we get wiped out year after year. If we let Pryor put up a 135.7 QB rating against us with not much talent, WTF is Manning going to do to this defense?
      This defense is going to continue to struggle with no pass rush. They lost their "blue chip" pass rusher in Ingram, then lose their only serious pass rushing threat in Freeney. English looks so slow out there. He looks slower than JJ, who is already slow. We know about the lack of speed with Te'o. Weddle isn't a burner. Isn't Gilchrist supposed to be fast? Doesn't matter though since he looks clueless out there.

This defense is slow as dirt.

Comment

• TTK
        EX-Charger Fan
        • Jun 2013
        • America's Finest City
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Beerman View Post
        For a team not ready for prime time, we sure are on a lot. Next weeks game could be a disaster if the offense doesn't show up again. I expect the D to give up plenty of points, I just hope the O doesn't give the game away like it did tonight.

To be honest, the growing number if injuries is getting ridiculous. We were playing Becton at LT Harris gave up a huge third down sack. We are likely without JJ now. Our team is a mess. Who knows if Wright coming back even helps. Gilchrist is complete ass at SS. Pretty much everything that could go wrong, has gone wrong.
        It's already ridiculous. It's only week five and they've already had to start/play 3rd string OGs and OTs, ILBs, OLBs and CBs. Lost their top two WRs and OLBs.

But injuries weren't the problem last night, turnovers were. The fact that they still had a chance to come back in the 4th was pretty surprising. Despite the poor defense, I think if this team eliminates turnovers, they still have a chance to compete.

Comment

• oneinchpunch
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jun 2013
          • Send PM

Clueless would be an improvement for Gilchrist
          Hashtag thepowderblues

Comment

• QSmokey
            Guardedly Optimistic
            • Jun 2013
            • Kuna, Idaho
            • Retired
            • Send PM

Originally posted by oneinchpunch View Post
            Clueless would be an improvement for Gilchrist
            Gilchrist reminds me a lot of that safety that we drafted a few years ago from Texas A&M, the poor kid who committed suicide.

Comment

• Yubaking
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jul 2013
              • Send PM

Originally posted by SFWfromESPN View Post
              Yes, they turn the ball over 5 times but it is the defenses fault because they gave up a 50 yard FG on a key drive in the 4th. You obviously are either stupid or you put your emotion before logic.
              I guess English is not your first language.

I did not say that the offense was blame free in this game. I said that the defense gave up the key drive. I said that they lack talent defensively. I said that the defense can never be counted on to make a key play to win a game. I said that if our offense does not play well, we will lose--always, without exception. Our defense is too weak to save our offense, which puts constant pressure on our offense. Sometimes our offense can win despite our weak defense, sometimes it can't. This game was one of those times where the offense could not win it for us.

Comment

• richpjr
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jun 2013
                • Nashville
                • Send PM

The reality is that the offense has to bring their A game every week in order for us to win. Our special teams are hot and cold and our defense is bad and slowly being wiped out by injury. And with the injuries on offense, I am frankly amazed at the numbers they are putting up.

Comment

• Yubaking
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jul 2013
                  • Send PM

The reality is that the offense has to bring their A game every week in order for us to win. Our special teams are hot and cold and our defense is bad and slowly being wiped out by injury. And with the injuries on offense, I am frankly amazed at the numbers they are putting up.
                  I agree 100%.

Comment

• OhioBolt
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Send PM

I say this again our best defense is our offense, River's incorporated has to be consitent offensively every week for this team to win. The more we can control the clock the better, this offense shows it can be explosive at time which doesn't work to our favor because we score so fast then we have this crapy defense back on the field. If we can methodically move the ball down the field with a 6-7 minute drive or more this helps our defense. Good offensive starts are mandatory for this team, and getting the lead and holding it, as you see if we have to come back we can strike quickly and then here comes the defense.

Comment

Working...
                    X