• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • blahblahblah
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Sep 2013
    • Send PM

Originally posted by homeless simpson View Post
    Using the excuse that we are rebuilding and we lack talent and have injuries is rather weaksauce, because we just lost to a team with the same issues and excuses.
    On a night we couldn't stop stepping on our own dicks.

The NFL is highly stochastic. Just not enough plays, not enough games. Sometimes teams just have bad games, especially when they're not very talented and you're relying on marginal players.

Comment

• Beerman
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jun 2013
      • Eastlake
      • Send PM

We were negative 5 in the turnover margin today. Clearly one team was better than the other. Why we lost is not a big mystery. Breakdowns in all facets. That it was even close shows we may have a better team, but definitely not tonight.

Comment

• Lightnin'
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jun 2013
        • Send PM

...we're 2-3.

We've won against typically over hyped NFC teams Dallas & Philadelphia (each also 2-3)

We've lost close games to former "Super Bowl Contender" Houston (2-3) and resurgent Tennessee (3-2)
        on very late scores by each.

Then there was a "punking" by 1-3 (now 2-3) Oakland.

I'll be honest, I don't know what to expect from week to week; and given the composition of the team, who can ?

From 2006-2010, the AFC West was really bad; we had 5-6 division wins guaranteed until Turner's coaching and
        Smith's people and personnel skills doomed us. We're rebuilding; thankfully we're doing so with at least the QB
        position intact.

In 2013, the AFC West has two 5-0 teams with former Conference Champion Coaches (Fox '02/Reid '04) in place
        with QB's with a SB ring (Manning '06) and playoff run experience (Smith '11). Each were #1 picks in their respective draft
        class.

Yeah-I expected a win last night and was hopeful a playoff run with (at least) competitive games every week would be part
        of the '13 season.

After last night, I have my doubts...
        Last edited by Lightnin'; 10-07-2013, 04:36 AM.
        San Diego Chargers

1961-2017

Comment

• KYBoltsFan
          THERE'S A GLEAM, MEN
          Generous Donor
          • Jun 2013
          • Send PM

Hard to win on the road when you have 4 turnovers, a muffed punt, and a long drive that ended with getting stuffed at the 1yd line on 4th down.
          NO SIGNATURE REQUIRED

Comment

• NYbolt
            • Jul 2013
            • Saratoga Springs NY
            • Employed
            • Send PM

Cox is brutal, I though the corners couldn't possibly be worse than last year, but boy was I wrong. Looks like he has not a single clue how to play this game. terrible...

Comment

• richpjr
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jun 2013
              • Nashville
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Hard4SanDiego View Post
              I know a lot of people will say Im being crazy, but I don't think McCoy has what it takes. Too many coaching blunders for me, rookie coach or not. You can either coach or you cant. There is no learning on the job in the NFL as a coach. Guy obviously either can't handle the pressure and makes dumb coaching mistakes, or he is just an idiot.

I used to think us playing down to our opponents, or just being grossly unprepared for a game was the fault of Norv. But it seems to still be lingering around this franchise. I said it before in another thread, but I knew this game was going to be no walk in the park. The raiders have always played us tough, they hit us hard. They try to intemidate and physically hurt us. And they do. They know we are soft and cant handle it. Chargers always seem to get hurt vs the Raiders, even way back to when LT got fucked with under a pile years ago.

Bottom Line, lack of talent or not. Players still making dumb penalties, even under crucial circumstances. Out coached, way questionable play calling tonight. Also the call to accept the penalty on 4th and 1. No fucking way the Raiders try to go for the 1st down there from the 50.

Point is McCoy might be a good coach, but you are either a head coach or your not. Just don't see it yet. I just hope that Rivers resurgence is not all due to Wisenhunt being here. Fuck there are a lot of proven head coaches that could run rivers in the no huddle, and use short routes. I would have been happy with Wiz as head coach, just wasnt going to happen, not a sexy enough of a hire with what wiz did in AZ last year.
              I don't think Vince Lombardi would get much more than 2 wins out of this group given the lack of talent and number of injuries we have.

Comment

• oneinchpunch
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jun 2013
                • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post
                I don't think Vince Lombardi would get much more than 2 wins out of this group given the lack of talent and number of injuries we have.
                Most everyone thinks the Chargers are more than a 2 win team. I would think most people also don't think McCoy is better than Lombardi
                Hashtag thepowderblues

Comment

• QSmokey
                  Guardedly Optimistic
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Kuna, Idaho
                  • Retired
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Beerman View Post
                  Why are you so pissed off? You projected us to win 4 games. How are you so surprised?
                  Two of those were supposed to be at the hands of the Raiders.

Comment

• QSmokey
                    Guardedly Optimistic
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Kuna, Idaho
                    • Retired
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by oneinchpunch View Post
                    Most everyone thinks the Chargers are more than a 2 win team. I would think most people also don't think McCoy is better than Lombardi
                    Even me. I think 3 wins. Still do. Jax is probably the only team on our schedule clearly worse than we are. I'd put us on a par with Giants-Wash-Raiders. We've got 6 guaranteed losses to Indy-Den-KC-Dolphins. My $10.00 bet with Panama is looking pretty good right now, unfortunately.

Comment

• ArtistFormerlyKnownAsBKR
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Beerman View Post
                      Why are you so pissed off? You projected us to win 4 games. How are you so surprised?
                      No, he predicted 3.

Comment

• QSmokey
                        Guardedly Optimistic
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Kuna, Idaho
                        • Retired
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by ArtistFormerlyKnownAsBKR View Post
                        No, he predicted 3.
                        He actually checked the '6' box on the poll.

Comment

• ArtistFormerlyKnownAsBKR
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by KYBoltsFan View Post
                          Hard to win on the road when you have 4 turnovers, a muffed punt, and a long drive that ended with getting stuffed at the 1yd line on 4th down.
                          You forgot the blocked FG.

Oh wait, that turned into a first down LOL

Comment

Working...
                          X