• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • oneinchpunch
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

Originally posted by QSmokey View Post
    Acee seems to agree with me (not that I should be happy about that). But he's essentially making my point here:

So whose to blame if the team leaves? The fans, for not supporting a crappy team? Or the owner, for failing to put a quality product on the field (and making really dumb football decisions, i.e., Norv, in the process) and for not forking over some of his own BILLIONS to build his own money-making machine?

Acee calling Spanos cheap?
    Hashtag thepowderblues

Comment

• Den60
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jun 2013
      • Send PM

Originally posted by thelightningwill View Post
      True fans? What about a true team. You guys just lost to the fucking Raiders.

Are you, Antonio Gates, going to buy me tickets to the game? Finance my trip to San Diego? Give me the days off work necessary to attend a Monday Night game? No? Then shut the fuck up.

Just because I don't attend games anymore doesn't mean I'm not a true fan. I was a Chargers fan before you were born, Gates. And I'll be a fan long after you retire and turn into some dopey ex jock with a microphone. You're a great player, but, obviously, you have no clue about the real world.
      I thought getting rid of Norv would guarantee sellouts? We were supposed to have hope now.

Comment

• Stinky Wizzleteats+
        Grammar Police
        • Jun 2013
        • Send PM

See what you get?

For thinking I mean.
        Go Rivers!

Comment

• QSmokey
          Guardedly Optimistic
          • Jun 2013
          • Kuna, Idaho
          • Retired
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Den60 View Post
          I thought getting rid of Norv would guarantee sellouts? We were supposed to have hope now.
          Who said getting rid of Norv would "guarantee sellouts"? Links to said posts, please? Or are you just talking through your heiny again. The only "hope" is that Norv is gone. What little there might be, post-Norv, is better than zero, with Norv. But the damage might have already been done by hiring - and then retaining - such a historical loser as Norv. If the rest of the casual fans in this city are like me, they might be running out of patience, as well. Can't say I blame them.

Comment

• Boltx
            Dominate the day
            • Jun 2013
            • Send PM

Originally posted by QSmokey View Post
            Acee seems to agree with me (not that I should be happy about that). But he's essentially making my point here:

So whose to blame if the team leaves? The fans, for not supporting a crappy team? Or the owner, for failing to put a quality product on the field (and making really dumb football decisions, i.e., Norv, in the process) and for not forking over some of his own BILLIONS to build his own money-making machine?

Acee sounds like a child railing on Spanos for not fielding a winning team year 1 into a major rebuild. I get that the last 3 years have eroded the talent (and fanbase), but he just sounds clueless blaming it all on the lack of talent RIGHT NOW when everybody knows we just don't have the horses and won't for some time.

He has a point with lower ticket prices, etc.
            ESPN Screename: GoBolts02

Comment

• Boltx
              Dominate the day
              • Jun 2013
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Den60 View Post
              Who said anything about it being a guarantee for sellouts?

The very fact that Norv is gone is a ray of hope.
              ESPN Screename: GoBolts02

Comment

• Is the game blacked out there? You guys are welcome at my place.

Comment

Working...
                X