• Show
Clear All
  • oneinchpunch
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

OT: Adrian Peterson

Been hearing all kinds of stories but TMZ is the first to report this:

Adrian Peterson's 2-year-old son is currently in critical condition in a South Dakota hospital ... after he was allegedly severely beaten by the man dating the mother of his child, TMZ has learned.

The Minnesota Vikings running back immediately left his team to be with his son.

Officials tell us they've arrested the suspect, 27-year-old Joseph Patterson ... who's been charged with aggravated felony assault and battery of an infant.

According to law enforcement, emergency responders arrived to the apartment where Peterson's son was living at 5:46 PM on Wednesday ... and found the child unresponsive.

He was rushed to a nearby hospital and medical experts determined the injuries were consistent with abuse.

Law enforcement sources tell us ... the child suffered severe head injuries.

Read more: http://www.tmz.com#ixzz2hQZKHkUs
    Hashtag thepowderblues
  • BoltBalls
    Always keep eye contact!
    • Jun 2013
    • SD!
    • Send PM

W. T. F.

I wouldn't know how to react to that if I was AP, other than want to torture and brutally murder the guy who did that. Horrible stuff if true.

Comment

• Coachmarkos
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jun 2013
      • SoDak
      • Technology Director
      • Send PM

Saw several tweets from local sportswriters that he was in Sioux Falls yesterday for a "family emergency".

here is a link to the local paper's article: http://t.co/EELpJ2b5Es

That is just horrific.

Wish nothing but the best for his little guy.
      "...of course that's just my opinion, I could be wrong."

Comment

• oneinchpunch
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jun 2013
        • Send PM

Reports are still saying it is or isn't his son. TMZ is the only site saying it is and they often jump before they make sure their sources are correct.

Either way, terrible story.
        Hashtag thepowderblues

Comment

• QSmokey
          Guardedly Optimistic
          • Jun 2013
          • Kuna, Idaho
          • Retired
          • Send PM

Prayers to that poor little boy. And the curse of hell to the abuser.

Comment

• oneinchpunch
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jun 2013
            • Send PM

Adrian Peterson's son critical after beating; suspect arrested

By Sean Jensen and Joseph Lindberg

Minnesota Vikings running back Adrian Peterson (Pioneer Press: Ben Garvin)
            One of Minnesota Vikings running back Adrian Peterson's sons is in critical condition at a South Dakota hospital, Adrian Peterson's father confirmed Friday morning.

In a brief phone interview with the Pioneer Press, Nelson Peterson said the injured boy is not Adrian Jr., but is a grandson.

"All I can say is, we are asking for prayers and for respect for our family as we deal with this tragic situation," Nelson Peterson said.

He declined further comment.

Adrian Peterson was excused from Vikings practice Thursday to tend to a "personal matter," the team said. Then a report from the Argus Leader identified Peterson in Sioux Falls, S.D., where his son was in critical condition after an alleged beating from a man dating the mother of the child, according to a report from TMZ.

Peterson is back at Winter Park today, according to a source. The Vikings play the Carolina Panthers on Sunday at Mall of America Field.

Joseph Robert Patterson, 27, was arrested Wednesday on charges of aggravated assault and battery of an infant, according to Lincoln County Attorney Thomas Wollman.

At a news conference Friday morning, Sioux Falls police and county authorities refused to confirm Peterson was the father of the child -- but also said they had been in contact with "representatives" of the parents.

"We're not here to talk about the parents of this child," Wollman said. "We wouldn't talk in a normal case about who the parents are."

Wollman added that the extra national attention is not impeding the investigation.

Patterson called 911 shortly before 6 p.m. Wednesday to report a choking, according to police. At the hospital, it became clear the injuries were not an accident and were consistent with abuse, Sioux Falls police spokesman Sam Clemens said.

The relationship between the mother and Patterson was "fairly new," Clemens said. The child was alone with Patterson at an apartment complex when the 911 call was made.

Patterson could face up to 40 years in prison, according to Wollman.
            Hashtag thepowderblues

Comment

• Maverick
              (Coryellian)
              • Jun 2013
              • Point Loma
              • Send PM

Originally posted by oneinchpunch View Post
              Patterson could face up to 40 years in prison, according to Wollman.
              40 years isn't enough....

Comment

• oneinchpunch
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jun 2013
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Maverick View Post
                Not nearly. It's just crushing to put myself in AP's shoes. So much anger and heartache. I'm really hoping his son pulls through.

AP says he's playing this week. That'll be some angry running.
                Hashtag thepowderblues

Comment

• sandiego17
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Maverick View Post
                  Unbelievable. Literally, unbelievable. Not nearly enough is right.

Comment

• zoom
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Send PM

Cases like this validate I could never be a judge. I 'd go mid evil on this trash.

Comment

• Bolt-O
                      Administrator
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Send PM

On PFT, the discussion is not just on how sad this story is, but that there are idiots that are 'thumbs down' on any sympathetic comment for Peterson. I just can't understand why trolls even think that a child being beaten to near death is a joke opportunity.

Comment

• Wheels
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jun 2013
                        • San Diego
                        • Send PM

So sad, just can't understand it. Let the baby cry it out if need be, don't beat him.

Comment

Working...
                        X