• Show
Clear All
  • Beerman
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jun 2013
    • Eastlake
    • Send PM

Week 7 Injuries

eric_d_williams: Chad Rinehart (toe), Donald Butler (groin) and Eddie Royal (toe) not participating in practice for #Chargers. Jarret Johnson is back.

UTgehlken: Melvin Ingram not practicing, as expected. Today first practice of five-week window in which PUP players can return. Ingram running to side.

Ingram has been running for a while though.
  • sandiego17
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

Would be great to get him some snaps if he's 100% medically cleared.

Comment

• Beerman
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jun 2013
      • Eastlake
      • Send PM

Originally posted by sandiego17 View Post
      Would be great to get him some snaps if he's 100% medically cleared.
      Wishful thinking IMO. Once we hear that he's started cutting, that's when you can get your hopes up. I still think it's a long shot he returns before December (and that is highly optimistic).

Comment

• MakoShark
        Disgruntled
        • Jun 2013
        • North Alabama
        • Send PM

I noticed that Royal left the game for a bit, but he did return. I wonder what the extent of his toe injury is?
        sigpic

Comment

• sandiego17
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jun 2013
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Beerman View Post
          Wishful thinking IMO. Once we hear that he's started cutting, that's when you can get your hopes up. I still think it's a long shot he returns before December (and that is highly optimistic).
          I'm just talking about any point this season, just to speed up the learning curve. But again, only if 100% cleared medically.

Comment

• UtahBolt
            Did we win?
            • Jun 2013
            • I'll ride the wave...where it takes me.
            • Send PM

Get the win this week and head into the break at 4-3. Get rested and healed up and get ready to head to Washington to start the second half run. I still like our chances to get 6 more wins this season. Possible wins: Jax, Wash, Dolphins, Giants, Raiders and the Chiefs at home (still not sold on them for some reason).
            I'll ride the wave...where it takes me.

Comment

• Heatmiser
              HarbaughHarrisonHeatMiser
              • Jun 2013
              • Send PM

Re Royal. Toes are bad news. I hope it is nothing serious. I have two toes fused with titanium plates. You would be surprised how much you use your toes in every day stuff, let alone playing WR in the NFL.

Re Ingram. Worst thing to do is rush him back. He needs to be fully healthy and he needs to be confident. He is a young player. He comes back, is not 100%, is expected to be our sole pass rusher, sounds like a recipe for disaster. Come back next year, Melvin. We can wait.

TG
              Like, how am I a traitor? Your team are traitors.

Comment

• OhioBolt
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jun 2013
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Heatmiser View Post
                Re Royal. Toes are bad news. I hope it is nothing serious. I have two toes fused with titanium plates. You would be surprised how much you use your toes in every day stuff, let alone playing WR in the NFL.

Re Ingram. Worst thing to do is rush him back. He needs to be fully healthy and he needs to be confident. He is a young player. He comes back, is not 100%, is expected to be our sole pass rusher, sounds like a recipe for disaster. Come back next year, Melvin. We can wait.

TG
                Much as I like to see Ingram, I think it best he wait for 2014, I just had a bad flashback of Shawne Merriman (Roidman), kept trying to come back from his injuries.

Comment

• sandiego17
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Send PM

#Chargers practice -- DNP: Rinehart, Butler, Clary, Royal. Johnson and Ronnie Brown limited.

Hopefully Clary is just rest.

Comment

• TTK
                    EX-Charger Fan
                    • Jun 2013
                    • America's Finest City
                    • Send PM

The page you're looking for may have been changed, moved or mysteriously gone missing

Chargers Bring in Linebacker For Work Out

The San Diego Chargers are looking for depth at outside linebacker. They brought in DE/LB Scott Solomon in for a workout today to see if he could be a fit for the roster, per Michael Gehlken. Solomon was drafted by the Tennessee Titans in the 7th round in the 2012 draft and also spent some time with the New York Jets. He hasn’t seen much time on the field with either team.

The team has had a ton of injuries at their linebacker position and need to add some depth. Tourek Williams and Larry English were the starters on Sunday against the Indianapolis Colts. Thomas Keiser is also on the roster that is added depth. Jarret Johnson would be starting if his hamstring would cooperate. Johnson tried to warm up before the game and test it out, but he was unable to get out to the game.

Comment

• TABF
                      Por debajo del promedio
                      • Jun 2013
                      • SoCal
                      • Send PM

... Note to pontential NFL Players (Free Agents)... If you are at home, playing nintendo, or bagging groceries, the Chargers may come by and kick your tires... Get your ass in the gym ASAP...

Comment

Working...
                      X