• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • sandiego17
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

Originally posted by oneinchpunch View Post
    They think the players are soft and I disciplined. And they hated the gameplan.
    Just a shambles without McCoy. They're screwed.

Comment

• TTK
      EX-Charger Fan
      • Jun 2013
      • America's Finest City
      • Send PM

Originally posted by sandiego17 View Post
      Just a shambles without McCoy. They're screwed.
      They're glad McCoy is gone. Then again that was the feeling a couple of weeks ago. Who knows what they think this week. They probably want Gase fired, who they were ready to build a statue for last week.

Comment

• Panama
        パナマ
        • Aug 2013
        • London
        • Opera singer and web developer.
        • Send PM

Originally posted by KNSD View Post
        The idea is to win the Super Bowl, not be the best team. However, trying to be the best TEAM gives you a much better chance at winning the Super Bowl. Just sayin'.
        If the objective is to win a Super Bowl, I would have to argue that the best team is the one that accomplishes that objective, no matter the path they took, records and statistics be damned. Everything else is just moot speculation.
        Adipose

Comment

• Panama
          パナマ
          • Aug 2013
          • London
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Yubaking View Post
          Just wrong. There are lots of examples in which the best teams were not those that made the playoffs, but rather were studies in which an outlier or outliers made the playoffs.

Obviously, teams have to play each other to determine who gets to be the winner of the Super Bowl, but the playoffs are made up of these things called football games and many times in the things called football games, the best team does not win. We see it multiple times every week in every NFL season.

For example, in 2011, the Packers went 15-1. They lost to the 7-9 Chiefs. Were the 2011 Chiefs a better team than the 2011 Packers? Hell no! Yet that kind of upset result happens all the time throughout the NFL season, including in the playoffs. And unless you want to get laughed at, you are not going to be saying that the 2011 Chiefs were better than the 2011 Packers because they beat them on the field.

And please note that the 2011 Packers were also better than the 2011 Giants despite the fact that the Giants beat them in the playoffs and won the Super Bowl that year. Similarly, we were better than the dumb ass Jets in 2009. Those Jets only made the playoffs because their final two opponents in the regular season had clinched playoff spots and rested their regular players. We just laid an egg in that one game, so that one game was an upset. But we were the much better team.

It is those better teams that I am talking about, whether they won it all or not.
          Laugh all you want. The objective is to win games. On the day the 15-1 Packers lost to the 7-9 Chiefs, the Chiefs were the better team. They may not have had the best record or the gaudier statistics, but they were the ones that were better able to achieve the objective of winning the game. Everything else is moot. When they play the games, records go out the window. (Not that KC was 7-9 or GB 15-1 the day they played, either!) The team with the inferior record does not concede the game; they play it, and the better team is the one that wins. Certainly, you can argue that at the end of the season the 15-1 Packers were better than the 7-9 Chiefs because the former succeeded in the objective of winning more games and making the postseason, but on the day they played the Packers were the inferior team. And ultimately, as good as the Packers were, they were not as good as the Giants.
          Adipose

Comment

• Panama
            パナマ
            • Aug 2013
            • London
            • Send PM

I was right about who the Colts were all along and am still right about them.
            Don't you get it? It doesn't matter whether you are right and your shit smells as good as mine. (Mine really does smell like roses, honestly!) It's your pronouncements that get everyone all riled up.

I can play your game too, you know. "You are wrong. I am right. You are a ... [I've deleted the phrase 'fucking condescending moron' because I don't want to get banned]!"

Of course, I don't say that to you. I don't pronounce you wrong and me right. It would be offensive to do so. Of course I believe I'm correct. What would be the use of stating my opinions if I felt them to be wrong? But they are just opinions, just as yours are. And they do not become gospel truth just because you or I declare them to be true. We can each judge for ourselves how correct we deem another's opinion to be.

You actually have quite a few opinions I agree with, when I bother to read your posts closely enough, and I suspect I'm not the only one. But that gets completely lost in your holier-than-thou pronouncements and your utter inability to admit an error without qualification. We're all here because we like to discuss football, and most of us are tolerant of differing viewpoints and enjoy a healthy debate, and if you stopped behaving as if you're better than the rest of us you might find we even tolerate your viewpoints and enjoy a healthy debate with you.
            Adipose

Comment

• Panama
              パナマ
              • Aug 2013
              • London
              • Send PM

You disagree with the raw data?!
              One can neither agree or disagree with raw data. In order to form an opinion, the data has to be cooked first. You must know that, being the Iron Chef of data.
              Adipose

Comment

• Panama
                パナマ
                • Aug 2013
                • London
                • Send PM

Originally posted by TBF View Post
                anybody else have a headache?
                Yes, but I think I have a ruptured eardrum from some bitch shouting into a megaphone 6 inches from my ear on Friday.
                Adipose

Comment

• Panama
                  パナマ
                  • Aug 2013
                  • London
                  • Send PM

QSmokey, I respectfully disagree.

The words that I actually used in my post (what I actually said) are not a matter of opinion. What words I used are a matter of fact. That was what I was "correcting". I hope you can understand that it is bothersome to me when a poster says that I said X when I, in fact, did not say X. That crap has happened too many times already because other posters have gotten ahead of themselves and I do find it somewhat objectionable. Even worse, at least one poster appears to make the misstatements deliberately.
                  You are wrong. Q is right. End of discussion. Move along folks. Nothing to see.
                  Adipose

Comment

• Panama
                    パナマ
                    • Aug 2013
                    • London
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by ArtistFormerlyKnownAsBKR View Post
                    Rarely has a gif been used more effectively.

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to SuperCharger again.
                    Agreed. "You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to SuperCharger again."
                    Adipose

Comment

• oneinchpunch
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Send PM

Update: Yuba posts something and every person disagrees. Over and over again.
                      Hashtag thepowderblues

Comment

• Panama
                        パナマ
                        • Aug 2013
                        • London
                        • Send PM

Ooh, the digest version of the board. I like.
                        Adipose

Comment

• sandiego17
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Send PM

Consistency.

Colts suck, I mean, really? "Colts suck and here's proof, Chargers beat them like I knew they would."

Comment

Working...
                          X